Penncro Assoc.B of A ATM/Debit card

I recently (July 31, 2009) paid off my outstanding B of A ATM/Debit Card charges that the bank had turned over to a collection agency. We agreed on a 50 percent reduction on the debt if I paid it off in full, which I did. After a few days I started receiving daily phone calls from Penncro Assoc. insisting that my debt with B of A had not been paid and was in their system as being outstanding. After insisting that it was paid and had cleared through my current account with Chase Bank, the calls kept coming, sometimes as many as 5 a day - including weekends. They hve been pressuring me for the old account number from B of A and to fax them additional information. They even wanted to know if I would send them a payment in the chance that I may have been mistaken about it being paid off, and told me they would hold on to the payment while they investigated further. Now I don't know who I should have paid my debt off to, or who to believe . I have never received anything through the mail from Penncro Assoc., only phone calls. They keep pressuring and harrassing me. I'm scared and don't know what to do. I'm only 20 years old. I don't want to have credit problems so early in my life - I thought I was doing the right thing by being responsible. I just want to fix this, can you help me? Thank you for your time. Anything you can offer me in terms of advice, or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Kayla L. Telleria