Pencro Collection AgencyFraud

S

Pencro told me that I could settle an account for a lower fee. I paid all the money I had to them to settle this account -- about 1000 dollars. I asked them prior to making the payment if I would receive something in writing. They replied "the check will be your record." I asked them several time "this is my last payment correct?" They said "Yes." " I won't owe anything else correct?" I asked. "That is correct" they responded.

Several phone calls later I learned a big lesson. Always get something in writing to indicate the agreement before sending payments. Apparently, collectors can do and say whatever they want. They told me that my payment was a "faith-based payment" and that I still owed the remaining balance. Nice!

Also note that they make you call them by title and last name. In my case I think the name of my assailant was Mr. Ruggiero? They attempt to hold on to some modicum of self respect in this practice I suppose? In any case its a scam and I was victimized. Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle!

• Tr
    Tricey33 Jun 09, 2017

This company is a fraudulent collection company you call them they never answer you leave messages they never return your phone calls