patricia wilson ,avinger TXMisrepresenting horses

R

Please beware of buying a horse from Patricia Wilson, Avinger Tx. She is selling horses on various horse adv places. She uses false names, cities and ranch names. Selling horses as kid horses or youth horses. Some of these horses are not even broke . She has sold many horses all over the states. She sold me a mare that supposely had won a saddle with 4-h . A horse that would be good for a begginer. This mare don't even know how to neck rein, knows nothing about leg cues and don't even know how to walk straight. She pretty well lied about everything. The coggins did not match her. The horse is a nine year old and has not been transfered since she was two. The horse is not in her name. She claims she was her own personal horse, but she ended up with three different names. On agdirect her name was Holly owner was Teresa Price in Cooper Tx, after I get her I see the exact same horse on freehorseads and her name is Heidu in Pittsburg, Tx. Her coggins that don't match her is Starlight. She also told me I would have to sign a five month contract if I sold her she could get her back . Right never seen no contract. Have heard that she drugs horses. If you type her name and city you will be able to see more complaints on her using google.com. BEWARE OF BUYING A HORSE FROM AREA CODE OF 903. By the way I wired the money for this mare to Patricia Wilson, Avinger, Tx not no Teresa Price.

• Th
    thoroughbred princess Jun 22, 2012

I wish i had seen this site in 08! I also was an almost victim of PATRICIA ! BUT SHE MET HER MATCH!!! she tried to screw me and my friends, I sold her a pregnant broodmare, she picked up the mare on her due date(STUPID) i told her the mare could stay until she foaled and I would only charge for food! Nope she knew what she was doing... the mare goes and two weeks later calls and says my mare had never been pregnant, my vet checked her the day before pick-up (I take care of my horses)she screamed and threatened and cussed me...then the idiot said the wrong thing"you promised me a blue roan" well how stupid would anyone be to promise ANY color, the mare was blue roan and the stud was a blue roan she had thrown 4blue 2 red and 1 seal all same stud, thats when I knew my mare had given birth she just wanted a free breed from my friends that had recently purchased the stud. 2 years goes by and the owner of the stud was loOKing up the studs babies and what they had accomplished, and there it was the year that my mare had supposedly not foaled, THE IDIOT REGISTERED THE FOAL!!! DID SHE THINK WE WOULDNT FIND OUT!!! so I tried to contact the owner of the stud he refused to acknowledge me, l began getting hang up call that day. But it's OK I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND IN U.K. AND THEY HAVE ALL BEEN GIVEN HER NAME, why just a couple of weeks ago I told someone about her. I will never stop! until she is in jail!!! keep up the good work, Brennan

• Ed
    EdenV Sep 24, 2011

Patricia Wilson is a piece of ###. We rented a trailer from her and put our horses on there. She tried to up our rent because we wouldn't sell her our white one. Then she was always testing my fiance asking him if she could borrow my car for a weekend and she would lower the rent. We finally decided to move out. We come back to get the rest of our stuff and our saddles happened to just disappear and our white horse let out wandering. She is a piece of crap. I see why her husband left her and no one likes her. She's worthless.

• Ok
    Oklahoma Lady Nov 11, 2010

Texas Attorney General’s Office Shuts Down East Texas Horse Sales Scam

By: John Pape on Wed, Nov 10, 2010

News

On Monday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott reached an agreement with an east Texas horse seller that misrepresented the nature and health of its animals.

HORSE SALES SCAM – The Texas Attorney General’s Office has shut down E-Tex Equine, a horse sale company that sold sick or unhealthy animals is to unsuspecting customers in several states.

Under the agreed final judgment, E-Tex Equine Company must pay restitution to customers who purchased sick or unhealthy animals.

The agreement also prohibits E-Tex Equine from continuing to engage in the horse business.

The settlement came following a 2009 investigation and enforcement action against the company and its owner, Patricia Wilson. State investigators found that Wilson unlawfully sold horses that were blind, injured, sick and lacked up-to-date documentation proving that individual animals had been tested for infectious disease.

Wilson conducted business with customers in several states without disclosing the animals’ true health conditions.

The agreed final judgment and permanent injunction requires Wilson to restore $65, 300 to customers who were misled about the animals and her services. Wilson must also pay $10, 000 in civil penalties and $15, 000 in state attorneys’ fees under the judgment.

According to investigators with the attorney general’s office and the Texas Animal Health Commission, E-Tex Equine routinely posted advertisements on websites where horses were commonly marketed and sold. State investigators learned Wilson falsely claimed her animals were healthy, gentle, trained for riding and suitable for children. In fact, Wilson’s customers actually received animals that were blind, scarred, underweight, barely trained and otherwise materially different from the horse they intended to purchase.

State investigators also learned Wilson attempted to conceal her identity by relying on numerous aliases – including the names of actual people she knew such as Valerie Wilson, Patricia Ferraris, Trish Wilson, Patricia Gumm, Molly Duck, Tanja Hamilton and D. Murphy. The state found that Wilson employed multiple names and used proper names of ranches in an effort to convince customers that they were dealing with several equine professionals rather than a single seller.

Wilson also improperly claimed that her horses were acquired from children’s’ camps when she actually purchased the animals from horse auctions solely for the purpose of reselling them.

According to State investigators, Wilson falsely claimed her horses had been subjected to infectious anemia tests – which are also known as Coggins tests – and possessed the correct papers verifying the veterinary test results for specific animals. Many customers were given results for Coggins tests that were performed on different animals and the Coggins documentation provided to Wilson’s customers did not actually match the age, gender or hide markings associated with the horses they purchased.

The state’s enforcement action charged E-Tex Equine and co-defendant E-Tex Interior Solutions, LLC with common law fraud and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, including the sellers’ failure to sell the horses they described in their advertisements.

• Tr
    Trailswest1252 Sep 05, 2010

Patricia is out now. She was sent to Cass County to face those charges. She is now wearing an ankle bracelet. Guess they thought she would run.

• Ta
    tanja hamilton Aug 10, 2010

Patricia Wilson is in Greg Co. jail call and bombard them thats Longview Tx good luck to everyone.

• Ni
    nichols1016 May 11, 2010

I too got taken by Patricia Wilson, another way to recognize her is she speaks with an almost british accent. I bought a supposedly broke horse from her and traded her a good honest well trained, quarter horse, a big black gelding with a scar on his rear leg and an untrained bay gelding 2 y.o. I also was paying her money plus the trade. I was making the deal because I thought I was getting a BROKE Tennessee Walker. I wanted something gaited. I wrote her a $250 check to be cashed at the time of the deal, a postdated $250 check for 2 weeks later and put $500 on a credit card. I called her before the delivery guy was 2 miles from my house and told her to have the guy turn around and bring my horses back the deal was off, when her "WELL TRAINED" horse tried to kick our head off. She told me we had not given him time to get adjusted and if I kept him for a couple of days and still did not want him, she would give me my horses back or trade me for a better horse. Needless to say he was untrained, not broke, we drove to her farm in Pittsburg which was a dump, after she agreed to honor her warranty from ETEX EQUINE and swap him. She had conviently gotten rid of my horses. When we got to her ranch she claimed she was Peggy her assistant and Patricia wasn't available and the deal was off. She was going to call the sheriff if we did not leave. I told her to call them. We had stopped in their office and tried to get them to go out with us, but they said we would need to call them if we had problems. I walked around the corner of the barn and dialed Patricia's cell number which of course "Peggy's" phone on her waist began to ring. So she stood there in my face and cold blooded lied. I too received the wrong coggins. I stopped back at the county court house and filed charges, and was basically told to get in line. She had had hundreds of complaints filed, judgements issued, but no one could get their money because she has nothing in her name. She puts everything in her boyfriend Johnny Taylor's name. They work together. When the charge came in on my charge card it was for a beauty salon in Marshall, Tx. The name of it could not be found in information or any directory. When I got back home I filed complaints with the Texas Rangers, Brand Commision, Sheriff's office, and anyone else who would listen. I even called her vet on the coggins papers and told them they were working for a crook and he stated he would no longer be her vet. I also stopped payment on the second check and disputed the charge since it showed to a hair salon and won the dispute, the charge card company gave me back my $500. She was livid!! I lost a really good horse and $250 but I didn't come out as bad as many others. I partially beat her at her game. She is a legal horse theif!! She uses the system to swindle good horses from you and money, then sends you stuff that is a lie. She does drug horses too! She is former pig farmer, crook and theif. She has outstanding warrants on her from Florida and California too!! If anyone else used a charge card, dispute it and you will probably get your money back like I did. They take it back from her account!!

• Jw
    jw70774 Aug 26, 2009

She is a piece of work. We also got taken by her. We bought 2 horses from her she said take them an try them if they don't work out I will refund your money. One of the horses we could not even get a saddle on as he bucked so hard he was a grey horse she called Duck she also said it was her personal horse. Yea right we were to met a friend of hers to pick the horses up after we drove 8 hours to get there. We went to 2 different ranches that were supposed to be hers. This friend of hers named Lynn ( which I know find out was really her had me to call someone that she told me was Patricia) I am so mad right now till it is not even funny. When we took the grey horse back she said he was lame this was not the case she kept $1500 of our money to pay for vet bills and wrote me a $500 HOT CHECK that I still can not collect. I am going to write every horse ad site that I know and post her picture in the horse area. STAY AWAY from her. Atleast I do know where she lives or atleast where she keeps here horses if anyone would like to know please email me [email protected]
    Here is a picture of her

Jamie

• Su
    Susan Mar 26, 2009

Patricia Wilson is a fraud. Check out her mugshot at the Upshur County Jail Search (Gilmer, Texas area). Arrest for false Coggins papers!

• Jl
    jlr Mar 21, 2009

She is now also going by Patricia Gunn.

STACEY Nov 13, 2008

Trish,

Nice mugshot!!!

Sarah Nov 09, 2008

Well, now she is going by Michelle Griffin in Broken Bow, Oklahoma...she is advertising on agdirect.
    if i hadn't googled her number [protected] and i wouldn't have found this site and i would be in the same boat as yall. Thank goodness!

• Pa
    Patricia Oct 05, 2008

Stacy???, jog my memory >>> what horse did you purchase???

Stacey Sep 24, 2008

Everyone needs to be aware of this women. I have known of her for many, many years. She runs a discusting business. This women is only out for herself. From the time I have known of her she has scammed many people in Il and Tx. She is a lier, a cheat, and will do wht ever it takes to come out on top. She runs her life and business through intimidtion and lies. She says she is selling the horses because her son has moved onto someting else. Her son should be about 10 ears old by now, I am sure he has figured out tht his mother is a lier and a cheat and he wants nothing to do with her dirty business. This women may also be going by the name of Trish Gumm. She is a sad person, and what I mean by sad is pathetic!!! What goes around comes around, I hope all of you that are looking into or have filed a lawsuit get msome justice. She is a real discusting piece of work!!!

• La
    LadyLuck Sep 22, 2008

Well, Matt, we all, as far as I know, had a contract to have a trial period with vet check, etc. Mind you, most of us want to use our own vets to do this, but who is going to let the horse off of their property without some kind of deposit and contract? That is the smart thing to do, right? I have let people have trial periods with my horses with no problems, and I am not the only one. However, some, maybe all, of us were not refunded our money/deposit when the horse failed the vet exam or was found to be unsafe. This is GUARANTEED in the contract!!! Many horses seem great on the sellers property only to have been proven drugged to make them look "bombproof". Nobody that I can tell "bought" a horse from her as much as had a "trial period". She just gets really upset when you find medical problems with her horses. She especially gets upset when you narrow it down that it was never really her horse anyway, but a recent auction/consignment purchase that she picked up to do a quick resale on. Anyway, I will still do trials and vet checks before I purchase. I will not let one bad apple spoil the bunch, even if it means I have to risk giving a deposit and not getting a refund. I refuse to think most horse people are like her.

Matt Aug 10, 2008

I can't believe that you would buy a horse without going to see it or riding it. And then to wire the money to an account... Come on people, The internet has made ya'll lazy, this isn't a digital camera your buying off Ebay this is a live animal that could potentially kill you... go check out the horse before you buy. If you can'y afford to go look at the horse then you can't afford a horse.

stacy Jul 20, 2008

My family and I purchased a supposedly "kid gentle" horse from Patricia Wilson. He was far from "kid-gentle." He has thrown every rider, including two trainers, who have tried to ride him. He arrived with saddle scars and bloated grass belly as he was in transit for nearly a week. A member of my family takes coumadin--a lethal blood thinner--and if thrown, could be seriously hurt if not killed. Patricia also knew that his horse was to be for children and sold me the story that he was her son's who had outgrown him because the son had since turned to motorcross vehicles. I did not realize that she was a horse trader and she assured me that she was not. She was selling a family pet. EVERYTHING she told me was dishonest: from the delivery, to the temperament of the animal to his abilities. I agree with the above postings that this woman will stop at nothing to make a buck. Do NOT buy from her unless you are looking for a problem horse! As for sources, I did call the local vet--who had nothing good to say about Ms. Wilson and Richard Wagner at Texas Animal Health Services who informed me that there are several cases against Wilson pending. The "son outgrew the horse" is her common M.O. Beware of this dishonest horse trader!

• Ro
    Rod Jul 07, 2008

We also were fell victim to PATRICIA WILSON . after searching for months we wired $2400.00 INTO PATRICIAS ACCOUNT for a beginner safe allaround gelding for our 10 yr old daughter .PATRICIA assured us this was the perfect horse .I contacted a lawyer and we are still trying to figure out how to get back at her.I called her and told her the horse didnt seem to know anything and she blamed us for the wrong bit to much feed and on and on. In all reality the horse was not broke at all.

Rhonda Strickland May 24, 2008

By the way Monica I got the mail I sent to you with no response and whats really strange its Patricia Wilsons email address.

Ms. Spady May 23, 2008

Rhonda, you are right! I e-mailed "Monica", as well and, as with you, she did not answer me, either. As Ms. Wilson often says "that speaks volumns".

See if this works /URL removed/?q5=Patricia%20Wilson&ref=311426

Rhonda Strickland May 23, 2008

Heres a link since its only a few people . /URL removed/?q5=Patricia%20Wilson&ref=311426

• Tr
    Trailswest1252 May 23, 2008

Monica, if you're not Patricia, what makes you think the people complaining have been compensated. I haven't.

Rhonda Strickland May 23, 2008

If I am lying please anyone that dont believe me call Texas Ranger and ask about Patricia Wilson Avinger Tx [protected] Why is is I have tried to email this Monica and gave her my phone number she dont call back ?Why want Dreamhorse.com not let her put ads on? Why is she not even a member of AQHA ? Call all the the sites that sell horses and see if they have had complaints on her. Call the vets close to where she lives. If anyone would like I can email you all these copies of her fake ranchs and cities along with the phone number on it. Why does she have to use fake names, ranch names and cities if she was a honest person?

monica May 23, 2008

Also I tried to research the Ranger website there is no information or statements regarding her or her company.

monica May 23, 2008

OK this turned into a MUDSLINGING contest. Im not Patricia Wilson and did look at Dreamhorse Forum of which Im not a member but could view.
    It is confusing. However when the names are listed there arent alot of different people. Its the same ones complaining and I think 3 of them were compensated?? Or given a return etc... ?? And there still complaining. Im confused...
    Well We have good horses here in PA but there expensive. She has sold me good honest horses and as with anything always hear the bad never the good.
    That is a way of life. I know she has been in business for years and has a World Champion AQHA halter stallion. Thats how I met her (at Congress) I just happened to run across this board awhile ago and I view the posts. When one came up on her I thought that was very unfair and not legitimate. You may have a complaint but with all horse purchases its BUYER BEWARE. AND most states say its as-is.
    So go back to your crazy accusations about me being someone else...It sort of sounds like you have no complaint just want to. ...

Rhonda Strickland May 22, 2008

Okay Monica (PATRICIA WILSON) why on all the boards about you we have not seen these pleased client s? Why also do you have so many alias names and ranch names, plus all these fake cities in East Texas. But they all have the same numbers [protected]-[protected] . Also the fake name you had put under Agdirect under TK WEIR ranch in panola texas which is right by me and I have never heard of this fake ranch belongs to a elderly diabled lady and she said that she has had over around 50 complaints over people that have purchased horses from you and she has her son taking care of it, and got a lawyer. She is writting all these names and numbers of these so called please clients. The ad you put on Freehorseads (ETEX EQUINE) thats a joke . Every horse which you stated (RANCH, ROPE, SHOW, PLAYDAYS, TRAILS, SHERIFFS POSSEE, DRILL TEAM, CUTTING, REINING, HUS, ENGLISH, ALLAROUND, JUMPING, BARRELS, TEAM ROPING, 4-H, GUN-SAFE, HUNTING HORSE, GYMKHANA, HUSBAND SAFE HORSE, KID-SAFE.FAMILY HORSE, PLAY DAY, ROPING, SORTING, WESTERN PLEASURE AND TRAIL., All have been handled by kids and beginners, uesd in lessons. Call you at [protected] . How in someones right mind would believe this ad. Everyone please do not wire money to this Patricia Wilson, Avinger Texas you will be sorry . You will be a victim like me and probally be putting her name everywhere trying to warm others. If buying a horse from Agdirect, Freehorseads, Horseville, Horseclick and more please do alot of reseach on where this horse is coming from. Like I said before she uses fake names, but when it comes to paying she uses her name.

Ms. Spady May 21, 2008

NO SPOOF, Monica. If you, or other readers, would care to look up Ms Wilson on Rip-Off, Dream Horse Forum, TX Rangers web, or check with TX as well as IL victims league, you will see that Ms Wilson is guilty of many horse dealing offenses. She even has been convicted of false medical records for the horses she has sold. The FBI has even started investigating her.
    I am wondering why, if you are in PA, do you purchase horses from her in TX? Don't they have any good horses closer than that? I don't believe you you are a customer of hers. Actually, I believe you to BE Patricia Wilson. You see, Ms Wilson, we are all familiar with your disguising tactics. I would truly recommend that you seek professional help, for the psychosis that you seemingly suffer from. Many of the unfortunate folks that you deal with, have suffered physical and financial burdens, due to you apparent greed. Please, lady...get help!!!

monica May 21, 2008

This must be a spoof.
    I have purchased over 10 horses from Patricia Wilson from Texas originally frm Illinois and they are used for children and beginner adults. I am in Penn. Have never gone to look at or ride any.
    I do know there are some " ex- business" associates whom she no longer has ties. Trying to smear her name and filing bogus suites on numerous sites on the internet.

The above with hear she drugs horses etc SPEAKS VOLUMES...

Ive sent several of my clients directly and havent heard a complaint one.

Ms. Spady May 13, 2008

I've purchased a horse from Patricia Wilson, in the past. Everything the oringinal poster said, I have no problem believing! Ms. Wilson cheated me, as well. There are several folks who have been taken by her. She needs to be stopped, before someone gets hurt or killed. Ms Wilson sells horses that are supposedly "kid broke and gentle". NOT TRUE...in a lot of cases. Beware of ads with the phone numbers [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]. These phone numbers have been associated with Patricia Wilson in the recent past.