Para Ordnance ArmsPoor quality

The coating on my Para Ordnance Nighthawg handgun has rubbed off of the edges and trigger guard even though the gun has been carefully cared for and stored in a padded case. The company would not agree to accept the weapon for evaluation and repair, when asked to do so by the gunstore that sold me the handgun.

• To
    Tony Widdison Feb 16, 2016

I bought three 14-45's commemorative models while I was in Afghanistan. The very first trip to the range, two of them had the extractor break. Para would not answer my calls nor respond to my emails. I went to their parts store and found that they don't even offer the POWER EXTRACTOR any more. That used to be a major selling point! Total junk!!! I bought three of the Evolution Gun Works HD extractors and replaced the Para's. Now they work great with no problems. Another case of R&D by the consumers...

• Qu
    Quick Jim Jan 21, 2010

I have an older P-13 and love it, never has jammed, always cycles the round and accurate... The only complaint I have is loading the mag, it takes some force to get all 13 rounds in...

I have 3 1911 models, Colt, Kimber and the Para all are great to shoot, I normally take the Para to the range although my 1943 1911 A-1 is my favorite...

JoeMonroe Mar 01, 2009

Purchased a new Para Blackwatch Companion .45 in Feb 2009. First day at the range, it would only randomly lock open after firing a magazine empty. Additionally, mid way through a magazine, you could remove the magazine but you could not physically remove a live cartrigde from the chamber. The gun refused to be racked to eject the live round. Only option was to fire the live round. That happened repetidly. Finally, near the end of the shoot, the rear sight had become so loose, it nearly slid off the slide and fell on the floor of the range. I luckly caught it just before it left the gun. Needless to say, I am not at all impressed with Para Ordnance firearms. When it returns from repair, I will promptly sell it and purchase a quality firearm like a Sig Sauer.