Panama City Beach RentalsMoney scam

J

We were hoodwinked and robbed by a local rental company in PCB, called Panama City Beach Rentals.

The rental agreement we signed stated we would get our deposit refunded in 10 days and now---5 MONTHS LATER----we have still not been refunded our $250.

Somehow "Paula" is never at her desk, or is out of the office.

There is always a reason why she can't answer the phone, which means the lady who does answer the phone is screening the calls. It's obvious they have no intention of adressing our situation and are sitting on our deposit.

For whatever reason the people that run this rental office feel no need to answer to anyone. The owner and office manager dodge phone calls and do not answer emails.

I implore to you avoid Panama City Beach Rentals or you will be swindled out of your hard earned money.

• Gr
    Grant Mar 02, 2009

Jack,
    The exact same thing happened to us. It took us 7 months to get a $250 check from Paula. (yes, they write checks and do not refund your credit card). Here are a few things that finally worked for me. If Lynnette says Paula is in the office, but is busy and offers to take a message, tell you you don't mind waiting. You may wait on hold for 30+min, but its on thier dime if you call the 800 number. that is the ONLY way i could get Paula to talk to me. Before that, I left many messages and emails and never got a reply. I would also call EVERY day. I wanted Paula to be convinced that the only way to get rid of me was to write me a check.

• He
    Henry's Sep 29, 2011

Same here!
    It's been almost like 3 months now I have to deal with PCBeach rentals, on the contract it said "your deposit will be refund after 10-14 days after departure" but until now I haven't get my deposit back, I don't know what to do it's $500.00 dollars, Paula said to me "tomorrow it will be in your account" tomorrow it will never come for Paula, I suggest people DO NOT rented anything from this business, you can rented if you wanted to, but getting your MONEY back it's a PAINTS, the both condo we stayed in "VERY DIRTY".