Palisades Acquisition XVI LLCbeing sued for settled account

P

I settled a debt with capital management services in 2004, never received settlement letter, now being sued by palisades acquisition for nearly the original debt

• Sk
    sk707 Feb 17, 2009

I have a similar experience to your experience. I have settled an account w/West Asset Management [protected] & [protected] for 50¢ on the $1 on April 2005 and now I am being sued by Palisades Acquisitions XVI llc for the other 50%. I'm ready to go to court w/my attorney to force this company to pay my attorney's court fees after I win the case. West Asset refused to listen to me when I called to verify that this case was closed but it will have to do it for Palisades

Martin Rambo Feb 17, 2009

Cold, ruthless ### they are!!! I'm involved in a similar case and I've unleashed one angry righteous lawyer on them for all their shenanigans!! Good luck and seek legal counsel!

• Sk
    sk707 Feb 18, 2009

I already have an attorney assigned to this case and she wants to walk into the courthouse to give Palisades a fair chance in front of a judge. Is your case going to court? There's always a chance that Palisades will drop the case

• We
    WELA Oct 16, 2009

I just received a summons to an old address I dont live in years. Thank god I know the people there still. I never heard of this people nor the credit card they say I owe money to. I NEVER in my life had opened a credit with Direct Merchants Bank.
    What are these people doing? Are they allowed to mess with people lifes this way???

MariaLuisaS Aug 26, 2011

I settled a debt with First Consumer National Bank, never received settlement letter, now being sued by Palisades Acquisition for nearly the original debt, I attempted to made contact their phone numbers [protected] and answer machine gave another number [protected] only said: "leave your name, phone number and social security number and call me back soon". I have paid din full on November 2008 but in my credit report appear yet as a NEGATIVE, they never updated. If dyou have any idea how can I fix it, please let me know.

• Ro
    robert isker Nov 24, 2014

I am not being sued by Palisades Acquistion but my fiancé is. For a credit card they can't even prove was hers. Sad thing is we have a joint account and they seized all the money in our account even mine disability and payroll and her name is on her daughters account they also seized her account. leaving all of us with 0. Leaving no way to pay any bills house payment gas money to get to work or in some cases much needed medication as in my case diabetic

• Me
    MEsquilin Jul 07, 2015

I just got my account frozen and left me with a negative balance, same situation. I dont know who I am supposed to owe. Its a nightmare, had to hire a lawyer and see what they will be able to to. This cant be legal.

• Li
    Linda DeWachter Brown Mar 04, 2016

I settled an old credit card account in 2013 and now I am trying to get a release of lien that I can file with the Registry of Deeds. I keep getting the runaround and do not know where to go now. Any info would be helpful!

Linda Brown

• Ho
    HollyWOhio Sep 20, 2017

I was sued by palisades too, & need help fighting a wage garnishment of 25%...

Comments

• 3r
    3rd Party Pooper Nov 08, 2017

I called to find out how to payoff a debt that was created by a client years ago. (I have in hand the Judgment filed with a CAUSE #, the Name, and Address of the debtor.) As I am a 3rd party to the mutual client they want this debtor to give permission and their SS# before talking to a 3rd party. I have the money and the client is long gone from our system so getting authorization at this point is moot. They have no issue calling or filing Judgments to COLLECT A DEBT from people everyday. But when I am saying I am here to pay a debt they don't want the money unless they have permission to speak to me. FUNNY how this system works.

Joe D Plumber Nov 12, 2018

Check out all the fraud they have committed: http://www.palisadescollections.com/

• Rw
    R. Wolf Baldassarro Nov 20, 2018

I am going through the same thing here in Michigan. It has been a year of hell and the courts have been siding with Palisades. Perhaps we could all consider a class action lawsuit.

• Rw
    R. Wolf Baldassarro Nov 20, 2018

Garnishment law was amended in 2015 here in Michigan. It used t be that they could take up to 25% for 90 days and then have to start over. Now they can garnish until it is paid off but they are capped at 15%- Guess what? Palisades has been taking out 25 % this entire time. They admit they have no proof of the origin of the debt but the courts side with them because there is a judgement against me from 2003. A judgement I never knew about so, of course, it went uncontested in court. I have also found out that you do NOT have to actually be physically served. They can just file, go to court n the date set, and claim they "made an effort to serve". You are found liable and then they do their scam.

joe plumber Nov 30, 2018

I can likely help - Call toll free [protected], Send a text [protected], Send an email: [email protected]