Pacific Webworksfraud!

Being a stay at home mom and actively seeking employment I saw an ad for at home business with google! Who would've thought twice about this because everyone knows who google is. I was interested so this ad directed me to pacific webworks. I browsed through everything and thought it would be a great deal (especially because google was involved) well pacific webworks charged me $70.00 for a domain name that you can get for free somewhere else! Not to mention in order to start your own business with them you must add adsense and adwords which also charge you a monthly fee of no less than $50.00!!! It's a rip off and believe me if you pay for the domain name it's yours no refunds!!! Beware!

Maria Teresa Fernandez de Castro Sep 27, 2007

The same as with most complaints i have read from this company, they lure you with unclear advertising and you do not realize you will be charged monthly until after you have payed the 4.95 to mail you some software that they never do. Different name companies do the charges and difficult to talk to anyone, they only answer its your fault and unfortunately from what I have read it looks like they find ways to continue to charge your card even after canceling. I am disputing the charge. It is not acceptable that if you cancel within 1 day of the due date and have not used the service and received their promised software you have already payed shipment for, they still want to charge the full 49.90. No credible company does this, they will extend your free period until you receive your goods, or just plainly refund. They are a Scam... and something should be done about this, i will dispute the charges via my credit card and I will see.

Maria Teresa Fernandez de Castro Sep 27, 2007

I wrote the complaint and I then received a phonecall from pacific that shocked me, the gentleman by the name of brad was actually upset that I would called them not reputable and reversed my charge, I was at awe since I had been reading all the complaints and felt so silly, I really was shocked since I had reached him by accident and doubted anyone would return my call. now I will just wait a couple days to see whether the charge will be withdrawn...

• Ra
    Ray Feb 20, 2009

I had an unauthorized charge on my bank statement. I had never even heard of this company, much less charged anything to them. I followed the 800 number listed and called them. they were curt and rude. said the charge had been reversed but probably still not handled at the bank. am trying to contact the bank now.

Andy Apr 19, 2009

TW-Eauction ; Ph. # [protected] took $69.90 from my checking account using my visa check card number. I don't know where they got it from and I never authorized any charges from them and I got nothing for my money. I have reported this as fraud with U S Bank. This company may also be known as 'Pacific Webworks' in Salt Lake City Utah.

• Re
    Rett1959 Jun 09, 2009

I also emailed brad, have not received any response... this company charged me $69.90, for??? they have no record of my name, my husbands name, or my correct email, yet claim I need to call them back with my "username and password" before they will give me a refund! how absurd is this???

• Te
    TeachInc Jun 29, 2009

Checking account auto transaction Labeled regnetord.com Originated from Pacific Webworks a website promoted by Google for cash you purchase a link to build your own website for 1.98 and a week later the Pacific Webworks charges the same account 69.90 for their web building software. The software is incomplete and does not allow to connect products to your website.

Chuck Turner Jul 15, 2009

Adsense and Adwords are free to join - Pacific Webworks scam ripped you off!! A domain name is $8 bucks.

Report them to www.FTC.gov

• Us
    usmcmom Aug 19, 2009

Yeah, I fell for the AdSense myself but it only costs me $2.97 and that was to pay for the shipping and Handling on the "Starter Kit"! But after goin to Google and did a lil more searching on this AdSense I realized that was not the same one I signed up for! If you didn't cancel within a week then they were to take out something like $80.00 a mth. I tried calling them several times but like someone else said, never really got thru to talk to anyone.

• Wo
    Wolota Aug 21, 2009

this has happened to me too! they have taken up to $240 and they said information was in the terms and conditions which were on their every webpage - which i never saw when i was purchasing the 'kit' for about $1.99...!

please let me know if you get anywhere or have any updates...[protected]@yahoo.co.uk

• Ro
    Rob111 Sep 02, 2009

Why not just call your debit / credit card companies and file a complaint and ask them to return the money to your account since it was a fraudulent charge? I've done that before.

• Hm
    HMD63 Sep 03, 2009

Here is the information you need to write to the Utah Attorney General. You must send a written request against Pacific Webworks. You cannot email or call. Let's make sure these jerks at PWW don't take another penny from an innocent consumer !!

Division of Consumer Protection

Check out this website for more info on the Pacific Webworks scam :

• Pa
    Paul Wimbledon Nov 28, 2009

Pacific World Wide Internet
    I was stupid enough to fall fowl of this scam, looks like it’s just infiltrated the UK at full force. I read the tempting sales blurb that even sighted a guy living in Surbiton in the UK who was making loads of money. I paid $1.98 and waited for a reply. Sure enough the reply came and I started doing a bit of research about the company.
    My bank account was debited within minutes, it was only after a bit of exploration of my own I realised what was going on. The PWWW*Internet Biz Kit is an outright scam. It has nothing to do with Google, but Google do have their own system for placing ads on their behalf called Google AdSense.
    Once you receive your enticing mail to start your own lucrative on-line business you’ll soon find there’s no way of contacting the company to cancel the account, or any further transactions.
    I was given an 0800 number by my bank, needless to say that number is not listed or recognised. The customer service number you are given on the introductory email will also tell you their lines are closed. The only way you can cancel the transactions, that increase immediately the one month trial is over without notification, and go up to approximately $70 per month, is by phoning this number [protected]. You cannot reply to emails sent by the company.
    If I hadn’t found this sneaky bit of information, the only way I’d have been able to stop the transactions was by cancelling my debit card and allowing the bank to deal with them direct. If you do call when they ask why you want to cancel, tell them it’s a scam and listen carefully to their reaction. Interesting to note that it costs more to cancel via the international call than the original set up fee, serves me right I guess.

Jack Long Apr 26, 2011

I was charged $69.95 on my atm card and I do not what it is for.

• St
    Strangely May 11, 2011

Immediately request a chargeback from your card company. tell them exactly what happened and that you did not ask for any "services" or otherwise.
    This "business" has paid up after having been sued over illegal use of google trademarks and for illegal withdrawals from customer accounts following deceptive marketing practices. see the google money tree and google treasure chest scams.
    See: http://strangelyperfect.tv/3099/google-treasure-chest-its-a-scam-and-a-half/ for instance...