Menu

Pacific Island Logistics Customer Support Very Poor
0 Resolved
1 Unresolved
0% of 1 complaints were resolved
The company's complaint resolution process is ineffective due to poor customer service skills, lack of training and inefficient handling of complaints. There's no proper protocol, tracking or follow-up, resulting in unresolved complaints and customer dissatisfaction.
0% of 1 complaints were resolved
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pacific Island Logistics. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Pacific Island Logistics complaints 1

Sort by:

Newest Pacific Island Logistics reviews & complaints

ComplaintsBoard
G
3:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pacific Island Logistics Scam Moving and Storage

If Pacific Islands Logistics and Storage Hawaii has nothing to do with WPR Hawaii Inc., West Point Relocations and All Points Companies, wonder how it is they answer the same 1-800 number on each of these web sites at Pacific Island Logistics. I have done business with these companies and it was a disaster. Good Luck!
Guam

D
Derek Holland
Kona, US
Jul 27, 2011 1:12 am EDT

Pacific Island Logistics is a scam company that I hope nobody makes the same mistake using like we did. We moved from California to the Big Island of Hawaii and it was a complete nightmare. They under bid us. We had to pay an additional $2, 800 last minute to ship our stuff tried to charge me an additional $1, 000 the day of the move for (wrapping and labor) fees. They It took over four months for our stuff to arrive when they said it would be two weeks. Half of our things were damaged or destroyed.
Tom Kay (aka Tommy Boy) is nothing but a crook and a liar. He repeatedly told us lies, hung up on us, and told us if we didn't stop calling to find out about our stuff, he would make sure we never got it. He should be in jail, not attending classes at Cal State Northridge. He's a 23 year old punk. He uses many other company names (Hawaiin moving and storage, All Points, Etc.) Be careful because they talk a good story, but they are crooked as hell. Do your homework!

K Viterise
Ojai, US
Feb 22, 2011 6:55 pm EST

Thanks for the comment. I have figured out that Tom owes me $3000.00! Did you get your goods? Did you complain to BBB or Dept of Trasportation? Tom and Noel and Maria KNOW what they are doing. Biggest scam ever is right! How have you resolved your problems with them? I would surely like to know. So far, the man has simply kept my overpayment to Hawaii, even though they only moved me one county away...however I am pursuing every imaginable action against him. I even have a private message from someone who has not recieved their goods in Hawaii, hoping I can help, and if I can I will. This man belongs in JAIL!

S
S
shanmsw
Feb 18, 2011 6:44 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I can SO empathize and relate with this complaint against Pacific Logistics. They WAY underbid my container and after it was loaded they said that it would be $3, 000 more than the original quote. They demanded to re-wrap all my furniture that was already professionally wrapped and charged $40/box in addition to all the tape and other packing materials. They wouldn't allow me to use the original "coupon" that was provided to me via email either... what a scam company. Tom is the biggest scam artist that I have ever seen in all the yrs of dealing with shipping companies. Noel is the smooth talking salesman who sinks the hook and then Tom reals in your cash. They promise you the world and after they get your business they stick it to you... big time. I can go on and on about the unprofessionalism of this company and provide plenty of emails and documents supporting my claim but I just want them out of my life... maybe this will help others decide on who to use for their next moving experience. Don't forget to get EVERYTHING in writing or email before you do business with ANY moving company!

K Viterise
Ojai, US
Jan 22, 2011 1:30 am EST

Tom Kay is a thief. I had to cancel after prepaying a move to Hawaii. I requested a refund since the move would be in California, which is also where the move originated from (later on I come to find out that they are not licensed to move in California at all). They use different company names that are even on my receipts and then tell me they are not affiliated with these companies or know who they are. When trying to get a refund, Tom used every possible threat he could come up with, saying he didn't care if I was moving to the moon, there will be NO refund! When I finally was able to get them to deliver to my address, they would not give any bill of lading or receipt proving they had only moved me to the Ventura county next to theirs, which is LA county. That way I have no paper trail to prove what happened. Tom says, do you have anything in writing?, then snickers! He said he will never refund the money and if I call again he will block my phone number and take out a restraining order against me! Also, when the movers finally came in a beat up rented Budget truck, he said I had an "exclusive truck" and the cost was about the same as before, so there would be no refunds whatsoever! To make matters worse, as the movers were unloading, he called his employees (movers) on their cell phone, and told them to stop unpacking, close up the truck, and go and find a fax machine in my town. He was going to fax his workers a letter, and that if I didn't sign the letter, then he would have them drive my belongings back to him in the San Fernando Valley! The workers were afraid to lose their jobs, so off they drove with half my belongings piled in the driveway and the other half in the truck, just flying around everywhere! When they finally returned, here is what Tom Kay wanted me to sign in order to have the workers continue to unpack my things (keep in mind he had already been prepaid for a move to Hawaii!)
"This letter is to state that both parties mutually agree that after shipment is delivered there will not be any complaints filed, charge backs/disputes, or any further grievances from either party. After items are rendered both parties will be satisfied and move on. We have delivered her goods as promised and no further fees will be applied to her job. Mrs. Viterise is agreeing that all legal actions will not be further executed towards Pacific Island Logistics and Storage, INC for we have fulfilled our commitments. Pacific Island Logistics also agrees that from here on out will we not take any legal action."
Signed by Tom Kay 10/8/10
Well, as soon as they came back with this letter I called the Sheriff's office and a deputy came out and filed a report, looked at my receipts, and told those workers to unpack my things right now, otherwise they were robbing me right in front of him! I suggest you call your police too, if ever any moving company tries to swindle you with similar threats! Thank god I did, and have everything I need gathered to fight Tom Kay. I am now filing complaints with the Dept of Transportation, Public Utilities Commission, the Better Business Bureau, the fraud Department of my Credit Card company, Small Claims, and whatever else I have to do to get the word out about this company whether I get my money back or not! Mr Kay, you have just begun to hear from me. I will add that you pay 60 cents per pound for all these damaged goods you left me, and your "separate" claims department is YOU! You have no license in this state and should have allowed me another moving company to come get my goods from your storage, but you wouldn't give me a refund, so I had to let you deliver them here or I would have had to forfeit everything my family owns to you. You are rude and after dealing with you all this time, you act as inappropriately to say the least, hanging up the phone, threatening me, sending this letter telling me to waive my rights, breaking my things with big boot prints all over the boxes, the list goes on forever.
I also want people to know that Tom and his employees (Noel, Marcia, Augustine, etc) and you're new employees now, say you are not affiliated or ever were, with All Points Vanlines, Inc., or WPR (either Western Pacific Relocators, West Point Relocation, Inc, or WPR, Hawaii). Then tell me why I can search these companies and find an address on Glen Oaks Blvd in Pacoima. Tell me why some of these company numbers go to YOU, Pacific Island Logistics, and tell me why my receipt says All Points Vanlines, Inc. on it ?
People, I wish I had done this much homework before I contacted this fraudulent company. Please look up all these names and DO NOT trust this company, or any company that has anyone named TOM KAY affiliated with them. Buyer BEware!
Tom, give me my refund, because I have only just begun to fight you,
Katherine Viterise of OJAI, CALIFORNIA, formerly of FOREST FALLS. Yes, you remember me.

beliefandfaith
, US
Aug 18, 2010 12:10 am EDT

kpahukoa...how much are they paying you? I guess you can't read because I did my research and there is nothing wrong with this company. Elizabeth, I'm glad to hear you had a great move. I did too. I moved from California to Honolulu. The people at PIL are very professional, kind, helpful and made the whole process easy. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM! I would use them again if need be. Don't believe the lies being perpetrated by the other company and their cohorts.

kpahukoa
Jul 29, 2010 4:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

belief and faith - you must be pacific island logistics in disguise ... sorry but maybe you should google yourself ... learned from experience and hope other innocent people dont have to ...

kpahukoa
Jul 29, 2010 4:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I completely agree and only wish that I read up on this company prior to arranging my move ... I was left high and dry two days before having to be out of my house and paid $600 more scrambling at the last minute to accomodate their misleading business! All you have to do is google their company name and you will find more and more people like us! I think that says something about a company when you can google their name and all you find are complaints!

beliefandfaith
, US
Jul 20, 2010 12:06 am EDT

As someone who is moving to Hawaii, I have done my research and know that this post was written by another moving company with a similar name to their competitor. A very sleazy and underhanded act. WPR Hawaii, Inc is like the parent company with other companies underneath...such as Pacific Island Storage. Anyone in business knows this however if you don't then do some research or send an email and ask them to clarify their business. I feel confident doing business with Pacific Island Storage.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Pacific Island Logistics contacts