pac promosFalse advertisement/solicitating

I was approached at work by these people Jeremy and a couple girls representing pac promos and it sounded interesting, so I decided to "give it a try." Unfortunately, it was not disclosed to me that it was a 5-month contract, so unknowingly, I decided that 19.95 wasn't a bad price to pay.
These people take advantage of students looking for a bargain and should be arrested next time they are caught on campus or soliciting in a working environment. I strongly discourage people from joining.

• Pa
    pacpromos Oct 11, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HER. I WAS ALSO APPROACHED BY JEREMY AT MY SCHOOL AND HE TOTALLY FAILED TO MENTION THAT I HAD TO PAY $19.95 PER MONTH! WHEN I SIGNED UP HE SAID IT WAS ONLY $19.95 FOR 5 MONTHS AND THAT WAS IT. SO I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AWESOME DEAL UNTIL MY FRIEND SIGNED UP AS WELL AND I SHE TOLD ME IT WAS $19.95 PER MONTH. I TRIED TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP AND THIS GIRL VERONICA WOULDN'T LET ME CANCEL BECAUSE SHE SAID I SIGNED A CONTRACT. SURPRISINGLY THE SALONS ARE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. BUT THERE SALES PEOPLE ARE LIARS! ESPECIALLY JEREMY!

• Je
    jennygirl Oct 12, 2009

WOW! I LIKE TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THESE GIRLS. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT PAC PROMOS HAS SAVED ME TONS OF MONEY. I PURCHASED THE PACKAGE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO AT MY SCHOOL AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY. THERE SALONS ARE AWESOME! I'VE BEEN GOING TO THE SAME STYLIST SINCE I SIGNED UP AND SHE TOTALLY HOOKS ME UP. PAC PROMOS ROCKS!

• Ol
    OLDER SIS Oct 13, 2009

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH FRUSTRATID CHICK. MY SISTER WAS APPROACHED BY A SALES PERSON AT A JC COLLEGE. THE SALES PERSON TOLD HER THAT NOTHING WOULD BE CHARGED OUT OF HER ACCOUNT. FAILED TO MENTION!!! THAT THIS WAS A 5 MONTH CONTRACT. I TRIED TO CONTACT THIS SALES PERSON NAMED IVET TO RETURN MY CALL TO DISCUSS THE CONTRACT. LEFT HER SEVERAL MESSAGES. SHE FINALLY CALLED AND ASKED WHO THIS WAS. I GAVE HER MY NAME, AND SHE HUNG UP. FROM THERE ON AFTER. I CONTINUED CALLING. NOT ONCE DID SHE EVER ANSWER HER PHONE OR RETURN MY CALLS. I RESEARCHED THE COMPANY FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (BBB) AND THEY ARE NOT AN ACCREDITED COMPNAY. THEY WERE GIVEN AN F!!! THERE ARE MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS THAT THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

• Er
    erikagirl Oct 13, 2009

I honestly don't believe anything the BBB says about any company's out there. I actually read an article that the BBB is not a government agency and that they are in business solely to make profit. And the way they do that is by selling memberships to businesses for higher ratings. My uncle ownes a mortgage company in NY, and he told me how the BBB has telemarketers that constantly call his business trying to sell him memberships. If you wanna call a company a scam you should point your fingers to the BBB there a SCAM.

• Al
    always happy Oct 30, 2009

THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIND A GREAT SALON PAC PROMOS!

• La
    lapontia13 Nov 13, 2009

Pac promos ruined my LIFE! I signed up 3 years ago and I still get charged 19.95 a month! Due to this my cat died because I couldn't take care of her anymore. Pacpromos is just like herpes, it will never leave you alone! I have nightmares of this black man jeremi coming up to me and making me give him my credit card! Telling me its just to make a reciept to show salons and not charge my card more than once. I should have known this was a scam when an ant crawled into my ear slightly afterwards. It was a bad omen! and they disciminated against me and charged me extra because I have long hair! And I'm black and none of the salons I've called even do black hair which is the opposite of what he told me. If u see black ants around or anyone with a pacpromos package, run for ur goddamn life!!!

• Ka
    Kaymama Nov 30, 2009

did all of you people meet jeremy in Arizona... because two weeks ago I signed up. I have called to make appointments twice with one girl and ad once with another in scottsdale. none of which have returned my calls... What the hell is this all about, Im fine with the 5 month charge, jeremy told me of this... But having diffiulty making an appointment is worrying me a bit. has anyone had good luck with any of the salons in the Phoenix area!!!????????

• Pr
    princess star 88 Dec 10, 2009

I completely disagree this company has helped so many students save lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Sarah Lenox Dec 17, 2009

I disagree as well. I have had no problems with the package! With so many salons to choose from, just book your appointment at another salon!

• Je
    Jessyyy Jan 02, 2010

I signed up 2 months ago and I haven't used any services yet, but since it's free I was planning on getting my hair cut soon, but after reading about how much it was a scam I want to cancel right away but not sure if I should.

ALSO the girl who signed me up gave me her personal number and I just called and it went straight to voice mail BUT it was her.

IDK what I should do...

• Ki
    kieara Jan 06, 2010

I'm not entirely sure what to say yet. I JUST signed up today and after researching further online I got paranoid because I keep seeing that it's a scam! Frightened, I decided to call a salon and ask if they are affiliated with Pacpromos, they sounded excited and said yes and that I wasn't being punk'd. Still not convinced, I called ANOTHER salon and verified that the services were free and the stylist assured me that they were. I read reviews on that particular salon and they sound top notch so i have an appointment for saturday! So all I can say is that two salons assured me the deal is real and that I do not have to pay for the services. The associated who sold me the package made clear that it was a monthly charge. I'll update after my appointment on saturday.

• Iw
    IWASRIIPEDOFF Feb 22, 2010

I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AGREE WITH ALL THIS BEING A SCAM!! I WAS APPROACHED LAST WEEK ON MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (COLLEGE)BY THIS GIRL COMPLEMENTING ON MY PERFUME AND THEN SHE ASKED ME IF I HAD A COUPLE OF MINUTES AND I WAS ALREADY RUNNING LATE AND I LET HER KNOW THAT BUT SHE DIDN'T CARE SHE SAID IT WOULD ONLY BE 2 MIN, ALL SHE CARE ABOUT IS SCAMMING ME!!SO SHE WAS EXPLAINING THE PACKAGE AND I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL AND SHE TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD ONLY BE 19.95 FOR 5 MOTHS AS WELL AND THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED UNTIL THE WEEKEND, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO SOME STRANGER!!BUT STUPIDLY I DID AND SO AS I WAS WALKING TO CLASS I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO CANCEL IT AND SHE WAS GONE!OUT OF SIGHT SO AS SOON AS I GOT HOME I TYPED IN PAC PROMOS AND I STARTED READING ALL THIS STUFF ABOUT IT BEING A RIP OFF! SO WHAT U DID WAS I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD AND TOLD THEM THAT MY CREDIT CARD WAS STOLEN THAT WAY MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER CHANGES AND I WONT BE CHARGED FOR THAT AMOUNT, SO IT WORKED AND NOW I HAVE A BIG WEIGHT OF MY SHOULDERS!!IF THIS HAPPENS TO SOMEONE ELSE YOU GUYS DO THE SAME THING, PUT A HOLD ON YOUR CREDIT CARD OR REPORT IT STOLEN...PAC PROMOS OS AN F****** RIP OFF!!!

• Na
    natalias204 Feb 26, 2010

I disagree, I had a pleasant experience and found the right stylist for me. :)

• Li
    LisaFaye Mar 31, 2010

TYPING IN ALL CAPS DOES NOT HELP YOUR POINT.
    I was approached at SDSU by some guy when I was waiting for my friend. At first I thought he was trying to hit on me, ew. He started talking about whatever the heck pac promos offers and I saw my friend approaching so I was just like ya ya get me out of here. He told me I would be charged 20 dollars for a total of three months and that was ALL! $60 bucks honestly didn't sound that bad to me for cut and color for three months. Too bad he was a filthy liar and I'm still getting charged 7 months later, but I didn't realize it until today. The salons that are listed for the san diego area, half of them are in escondido and I would never drive to that area for my hair. The one that I tried down here, she was a nice lady but it was NOT a salon it was like...a tiny room in some sort of run down apartment building, really odd actually. She gave me a haircut and literally like 4 highlights and she still charged me 50 bucks.
    Let's see how difficult it will be to cancel these dirty scammers.

• Va
    Vannesa Mar 31, 2010

Total scam I was approached at school by a sales woman from pacpromo. And it's totally falls advertising. She said oh don't worry you can cancle any time, your credit card only goes through if you want it to. So it was my asumption that it goes through when u make an appointment. Boy was I wrong. She also said it was 19.95 for 5months. Now if she had let me read my " reciept" or as the company would call it my contract, I would have never have sighned up for that. But I cancled my credit card so they can't get any more money out of my account. I mean I let them have 20.00 already, I didn't even make an appointment, they should be happy they got $20 for nothing

• Ge
    gesha leman Apr 07, 2010

I completely disagree this promotion is 100% legit. I live in LA and i've never had one issue with any salons out here. I don't understand how people just sign a contract before reading it. Its not there fault for selling you something you agreed to buy and then decided you can't afford it. you people are pathetic.

• Kr
    kristine=mac Apr 08, 2010

complete scam!!! i was approached at college and was told the same thing that i would be charged 19.95 for 5 months and i'm getting charged! they said they were opening up a salon here in town but still there aren't any! i was lied to and i hate that pac promos and their salesmen are preying on college students. its ridiculous. go suck an egg.

• Co
    COMPL THESE PEOPLE Apr 19, 2010

THESE PEOPLE ARE ###IN FAKE ### THESE ### IM GONNA KICK THEIR ### WHEN I C THEM AGAIN!!!

• Le
    lexo May 12, 2010

To all the people who think that this pacpromos crap is legit, you all need to GET A CLUE. c'mon the first thing you see when you type it into Google is SCAM!! This [censor]in [censor] Jeremie came to my school and tried to butter me up telling me that i looks so pretty blah blah blah. and yes i fell for this deal. but he DID NOT TELL ME that there was a 19.95 fee for five months PER MONTH. He straight up lied to me, and all he kept saying was free free free visits and all this [censor]. i was soooooooo pissed! i had to call my bank, cancel my account, and have them send me a new debit card with a new card number and everything. After i called the Campus Police and reported him. Those sons of [censor]es need to be arrested, especially Jeremie. the next time i see him on my campus i am going to cuss his [censor] out. He said that he's going to be in San Jose the next few weeks and in the summer, so if anyone would like to join me for this [censor] beating you are welcome to. and again to the people who keep saying "this is the best thing that ever happened to me! i saved so much money, its so legit." you all need to shut the [censor] up because you either work for pacpromos or you're just straight up stupid. This is a scam scam scam scam!

• Ca
    candii May 25, 2010

I am also from san jose and got approached by Josef. He did not explain that my card will be charged for the next 5 months. I immediately went to my bank and cancelled my card. Josef then called me five days after saying that if i had another card because it did not go through. I said I didnt and threatened to call a collection agency on me. My friend called the guy back threatening to sue and he said that its fine, she can cancel and that they never threaten to call a collection agency. From wat ive heard, they dont have a collection agency and it is a complete scam. I recently just got a call from another representative saying that I have to pay or else i will be put in collection. I am just gonna ignore them, and if there is a collection agency then ill wait until i recieve a letter in the mail. If a pac promos representative ever comes up to me again, I am cuss them out.

• 49
    498426 Jun 23, 2010

Yes this pacpromos [censor] is a total scam!! I couldn't even make a goddamn appointment. When I finally got one I drove all the way there (the place is far as hell) and the stylist wasn't even there... I didn't receive a call back at all!! I am telling everyone I know at campus to ignore these people, warn campus security and also post bulletins at school saying pacpromos is total utter [censor]. I wrote to them asking for a refund and I am going to the bank tomorrow. I don't care how but I am getting my money back and I will do everything I can to warn people about this. I'll even take this to a friend lawyer of mine if i need to. Even if you were ok with paying, they did not do their part of the contract, except for the part of taking your money! Not to mention they are doing false advertising. Even more, other young people preying on college students is so [censor]ing low, but they obviously don't give a [censor] as long as they can get quick money out of it.
    And you pacpromos reps posting how wonderful this scam is (i guess it is if you are getting paid), shame on you. Get a real job, stop lying and stealing money from students. As if the ridiculously high prices of text books in bookstores weren't enough (its better to buy online from reputable sites).
    I learned my lesson... run away from ANYONE approaching you with some "fabulous" offer or membership, no matter how nice and friendly these [censor]s seem. I don't think serious businesses do [censor] like that anyway... Maybe they do but I don't want to find out anymore.

Jackeedoo Aug 31, 2010

you guys are effing ridiculous. okay, listen, YOU NEED TO ASK QUESTIONS before you give out your credit card. AND read the agreement in front of them so you KNO'W everything is legit. if you guys think about it, the package is pretty GREAT deal. for girls who love to get their hair done pretty often-ish, to be able to pay for a shampoo, cut, blow out AND a style for FREE is pretty damn awesome. The $20 a month is TOTALLY doable if you guys get like a part time job and don't spend your money on DUMB stuff. as a girl who actually likes to get her hair done and get pampered, this deal definitely appealled to me. i've been able to manage it and the salons i've gone have honored the package and have done AMAZING work. if you didn't ask questions or weren't into the idea in the first place, then that's your fault. i love my package and i continue to use it. 50% off for future vists? hell ya! hope you guys are jealous! good luck at supercuts!

• Tr
    tripsy7 Sep 02, 2010

I was also approached by Jeremy, but maybe that's the name Pac Promos encourages all of their male soliciters to use. So I was approached by "Jeremy" and a small asian chick. They said that they were weeding out the pretty girls on campus and I was a perfect candidate for the promotion they were promoting. They merely stated that I would receive three free visits followed by half off discounts whenever I went in afterward. Then he asked for my credit card & my signature, so that's when I told him to slow down, and i took the contract from him and read the "fine print" where I noticed the $29.99/mo fee. Essentially, I told him and the asian chick to shove it and from then on have been warning the unsuspecting females on campus. Please spread the word about these WORMS!!

• Ne
    nellyshae2010 Sep 12, 2010

A year ago, PAC PROMOS INC representative lady lied to me about how the payment plan works. She told me that she will need my credit or debit card to get my information. I told her that basically I'm a college student who is broke and that I cannot pay for anything like this right now. She said that I did not have to worry since they will start to charge me when I actually use the hair products at the salon. I said that's good and I gave her my debit card information. I felt kind of weird about giving her that type of information so after school I went online to research if this company was a scam. I did not see that much information about them last year but I read my contract with them and it said that I will have to pay 19.95 for 5 months. If I wanted to cancel, then I will have to wait after the 5 months to contact them about canceling my services with them. So therefore, I did some more research to see if I can find a way to cancel it right away. I live in California and I saw this statement online that states: "CALIFORNIA LAW STATES THAT THERE IS A 72 HOUR COOLING OFF PERIOD SO IT IS BY LAW THAT YOU NEED TO ACCEPT MY CANCELLATION". I send this company an email stating that and the lady answered me back right away and said that their manager has approved my cancellation and that all I have to do is mail in my promo package along with my 50% off pass to their place. After I did all of that, they have never taken any money off of my account. Perhaps if you live in California you can use that statement on them to cancel if you contact them before 72 hours. If you live in another state, then it's best to check how your state will handle a situation like that. I learned that I should read any contract whether if it's big or small before signing anything since sales people lie just to help themselves out.

• Va
    valadezda Apr 12, 2011

Damn I wish I would have looked up PacPromos and saw the word SCAM before I signed up. The salon closest to me (the rest of them were really far) was a run down hole in the wall in a questionable part of town. The stylist was late, didn't speak any english, and acted as if she was inconvenienced by the whole thing. If anyone sees PacPromos salespeople, run the other way!

• Ih
    Ihatemakingmistakes Apr 13, 2011

I'm so embarrassed I fell for it!!! Ugh I'm an idiot!!... Well it happened this afternoon (ASU) and as soon as I walked away I had a bad feeling, so I googled PacPromos and, sure enough, that ugly word SCAM was all over the screen. Anyway, in AZ (I believe all states) everyone has 3 days to back out of ANY contract (*** VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT, IF YOU ACT FAST, YOU CAN GET OUT OF CONTRACTS IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND**) so I'm going to cancel my card and ignore any of their calls; OR, answer and tell "Leah" how inappropriate it is to take advantage of students... I don't think that these type of people should be on campuses, even if it is clearly explained, it's still like impossible to think over the situation and and make a good decision with thousands of other people all around... I like having student orgs stuff out on the lawns and whatever kinda stuff they're selling or trying to raise, but really, businesses- especially shady ones- have no place on a campus...

I'm not sure how often reps from Pac Promo read these, but: I understand that working for that company is your source of income- but if you are having to neutralize these comments, you are getting taken advantage of as well- this job is too pathetic for any person to do. You go to colleges where people are naive (, or, under the circumstances of talking business in crowded, busy places, act naive) and talk them into (you are very good at that, I'll give you that!) what seems like a really good deal, but there is no chance to walk away, research/think about it, and come back to sign up.. of course, you know that people would not return to give them their credit card if they jumped online and read about how none of the salons would make appts. and how hard and intimidating it is to cancel, and the hassle of having to wait for a new card and blhab blah blah, and worrying about collection agencies ((***NOTE*** IN THESE CASES COMPANIES LIKE PACPROMO HAVE MORE TO LOSE TRYING TO TURN SOMETHING/SOMEONE OVER TO COLLECTIONS, THEY DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONNAL, DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAYING THEM OR BEING HASSLED BY SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY THEM***))... So seriously, you are not nice people to prey on girls on campuses. you should be ashamed of yourselves. Between classes is not a good time for business and though all your victims willingly gave you their cards, the circumstances were on your side.. There are just some things while at school people shouldn't have to do: keep your guard up from salespeople and try to spot a sales hustle.. You're damaging all the girls you've sold your "package" to. I'm so upset with myself... So be careful.