Overton, Russell, And DoerrCredit report

N

Here I am looking through my credit report and I have this collection agency on it saying I have a delinquent bill of $20.00 and $159.00. The problem I have is that I have never recieved a notice stating I owed anything from these people, so how is it showing up on my credit report. I don't even know what this is for!!! Talk about screwing people over in these rough economic times!!

• El
    Elite Infidel May 12, 2017

These guys are noted for being one of the sleaziest collection firms in the state.

• Fa
    fantine3 Jun 13, 2011

I have a similar situation. I had a routine procedure in early 2010, at about the same time I was separating from my husband. A copay bill for $60 went to his new address and was returned as an invalid address. I never even knew I had a bill outstanding until I saw on my credit report today, a full year later, that it existed. I didn't neglect any bill, KD1984. I didn't know there WAS one.

sarahm123 Mar 24, 2011

same thing has been happening to me...except mine are waaaaay higher, one for 1500, and one for over $4000!!! They say that it is for Seton Health, and gave me dates of service, but I never had anything so costly happen to me on those date, or anywhere around those dates...AND I HAVE MEDICAID!!! ALSO I have never recieved a single bill from Seton Health, so how can I be in collection???

• Kd
    KD1984 Jun 02, 2010

Anything under $50 for debt collection isn't reported to your credit. If it was by mistake you can have it removed.

How is it a law firm's fault that you neglected your bill? The hospitals always send you out two to three statements and call you numerous times before they send it to collections. Think about it: wouldn't you rather collect your own debts rather than pay a lawyer to collect them for you? The hospital loses money every time they have to send someone like you to collections.

You wonder where the economic hardships and high medical costs come from? You're part of that answer. Rising costs to collect debts reflect rising doctor costs which equal higher insurance premiums.