Outdoor DistributorsDelays, part out of stock, bad customer service

D Review updated:

I should have done some homework on these turkeys before I placed the order for some replacement parts for my Tecumseh lawnmower engine. I followed the instructions in the order confirmation e-mail, giving them "7 working days" to receive my parts. After nine business days and no parts, I tried calling their toll-free number, and got repeated busy signals or endless ringing. Same with the direct line. An e-mail got me no response. Later I decided to try the phone again, and after a few attempts someone answered and immediately put me on hold. As the minutes ticked by, I twice heard someone pick up my line and say coarsely, "Thanks for holding, you're next." Then half-way through saying "I'd like to check on my order... " I heard the hold music return. Finally, after being on hold for 20 minutes, I was able to speak to someone and have them check on my order. Came to find out it was out of stock, they were waiting to get it from their "other warehouse", and it hadn't even shipped yet. Since I had seen the very same parts available from other online retailers, I asked to cancel the order and get a refund. They said the refund would be processed on my credit card within one week... another unreasonable delay, but I'll just have to keep a close eye on it.

In an age where technology enables a superior level of communication and order-status feedback with customers, and where retailers distinguish themselves less by pricing and more by good customer service, this is one of the worst companies I have encountered in a long time. I doubt it will be long before they dry up and blow away.

• K
      Nov 16, 2009

I couldn't agree with you more. I can add my own info though... I was told after calling to try and get my parts that I ordered two month prior, shipped that the "vendor had a computer glitch and that they didn't know when the order would ship." I then asked why and their response was to tell me that I was being rude, then I was hung up on. I called back a day later (after I calmed down a little) and was told "because of your rude and threatening attitude, your order was cancelled!" Now I have to go through the whole process of trying to get my money back. I just wish I had googled them before.

• G
      Mar 09, 2010

There's a lot more to them than you think also.
    I have known Victor for about six years, my wife used to work for him.
    We found out why he hires all of the girls he hires.
    He tries to co-erce them into having sex with him, he hit on my wife about three times in the first week she worked there. She quit after two weeks.
    He could care less about his customers and he charges their cards in order to cover previous unpaid debts to his suppliers.
    One other thing if you want to look it up his brother Sarge is a convicted child molester, and from what I have heard Victor is just as bad, he just hasn't been caught yet.
    The reason I am saying this is because I want the world to know what a scam site outdoor distributors really is.
    I have noticed that they have lost their BBB acredidation.

• D
      Apr 04, 2010

WE NEED TO PUT OUTDOORDISTRIBUTORS OUT OF BUSINESS. I ORDERED 3 OR 4 TIMES WITHOUT PROBELMS AND THEN IN SEPTEMBER THEY STOLE $75 FROM ME. I
    HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE MONEY BACK SINCE. I MIGHT DRIVE OVER TO SEE THEM. HOW CAN THEY CONINUE TO OPPERATE? WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY
    HAVE STOLEN FROM!