Complaints & Reviews

Waiting for a refund-10 mos so far

I called this Company to order a part (Out Door Dist.) They said they had it in stock. I Paid for the Part; just under $100. They told me to wait 3 days, call them back for information when I would receive it. I did what they said. Now, not in stock, I have to wait, call back again. Still no part. I said, " I want a refund, " I told them. Response was they would. Part was ordered Dec' 09; refund requested in Feb 2010, still waiting Sept 22, 2010. Alabama Atty. General and BBB was notified. Still waiting for refund. My advice to all of you, don't order anything from this Company, if you don't want to be inconvenienced or / and ripped off. P.S. Got fed up, ordered my part and received in 7 days from Order Tree- no headaches, no hassles.

Parts never shipped

I ordered a set of blades and a starter solenoid for my lawn tractor in October of 2009. My credit card was charged immediatly for the full amount. I have called them monthly and listened to thier excuses, I have kept a log of who I talked to, when I talked to them and what we talked about. All for nothing I'm afraid!! It is now 13 yes THIRTEEN months later and I have gotten absolutly no satisfaction or parts from my encounter with Outdoor Distributors.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE FAR FAR AWAY!!!

no refund yet

I called this Company to order a part (Out Door Dist.) They said they had it in stock. I paid for the part; just under $100. They told me to wait 3 days, call them back for infor-
mation when I would receive it. I did what they said. Now, not in stock, I have to wait, call back again. Still no part. I said, ' I want a refund, ' I told them. Response was they would. Part was ordered Dec' 2010, refund requested in Feb 2010, still waiting Sept 21, 2010. Alabama Atty. General and BBB was notified. Still waiting for refund. My advice to all of you, don't order anything from this Company, ifyou don't want to be inconvenienced or / and ripped off.
PLEB

No product, no refund.

Ordered a Briggs & Stratton engine maintenance kit in August. Received the usual "7 days delivery" email. No...

Order cancelled on refund

No items shipped after 16 days at which time I called
and cancelled order and was told 7 to 10 days for refund.
Been 2 months now with no refund.

These are in my opinion Scammers

• Ds
    dsmith3318 Nov 02, 2009

• Pl
    plhawk Dec 29, 2009

I have same thing, no product, no refund, very bad company, I wait over 3 month and nothing. I givem $201.78 by money order . Check This adress on google maps you not gone see any company only woods. Beware This is Scammmmmmm

over one month, still no part!

I ordered a few simple replacement parts from Outdoordistributors.com on Aug 7, 2009 at which time my creditcard was hit for $54.28. After two weeks I made over 4 phone calls (one per week) to check on my order. I was told that they were still waiting on the part and NEVER got a straight answer as to when the parts would ship. I was told "next week" everytime I called. After a month I called and asked to cancel the order. I WOULD NEVER, EVER order from these hillbillies again. I don't think they ever put out an order on time. And judging by the other reviews that is exactly true!

nondelivery, deception, outright lies

I have used Outdoor Distributors for lawnmower parts for many years and had every reason to expect prompt service and reasonable prices when I needed two belts for my rider. Should have checked them out on this site. In the past month I have been lied to by their order rep "Cody" several times, when I could get through.The first time she bragged they had so much business they just can't handle it all, they have hired two hundred people and opened new warehouses. When I asked if the belts were in stock when I ordered, she said they were but someone else got their order filled before mine and then the belts were backordered from the manufacturer. Two weeks later the order still showed "pending" and she begged for another week. That week has long passed and now it is impossible to contact them. What a shame that a company that once delivered such fine service has deteriorated to such a state.

I plan on disputing this charge on my credit card, PayPal has been no help.

Rip-off

I'm hoping that there are those who will heed the advise of someone else! Please do your homework before using Outdoor Distributors. If I had only taken the couple of minutes to check them out I would have NEVER used their service. So sad, as I read each complaint on Outdoor Distributors I can only nod my head and say "been there - done that - experienced that - heard that" and of course "DID NOT RECEIVE PARTS". Brenda

Delays, part out of stock, bad customer service

I should have done some homework on these turkeys before I placed the order for some replacement parts for my Tecumseh lawnmower engine. I followed the instructions in the order confirmation e-mail, giving them "7 working days" to receive my parts. After nine business days and no parts, I tried calling their toll-free number, and got repeated busy signals or endless ringing. Same with the direct line. An e-mail got me no response. Later I decided to try the phone again, and after a few attempts someone answered and immediately put me on hold. As the minutes ticked by, I twice heard someone pick up my line and say coarsely, "Thanks for holding, you're next." Then half-way through saying "I'd like to check on my order... " I heard the hold music return. Finally, after being on hold for 20 minutes, I was able to speak to someone and have them check on my order. Came to find out it was out of stock, they were waiting to get it from their "other warehouse", and it hadn't even shipped yet. Since I had seen the very same parts available from other online retailers, I asked to cancel the order and get a refund. They said the refund would be processed on my credit card within one week... another unreasonable delay, but I'll just have to keep a close eye on it.

In an age where technology enables a superior level of communication and order-status feedback with customers, and where retailers distinguish themselves less by pricing and more by good customer service, this is one of the worst companies I have encountered in a long time. I doubt it will be long before they dry up and blow away.

• Ka
    kasl Nov 16, 2009

I couldn't agree with you more. I can add my own info though... I was told after calling to try and get my parts that I ordered two month prior, shipped that the "vendor had a computer glitch and that they didn't know when the order would ship." I then asked why and their response was to tell me that I was being rude, then I was hung up on. I called back a day later (after I calmed down a little) and was told "because of your rude and threatening attitude, your order was cancelled!" Now I have to go through the whole process of trying to get my money back. I just wish I had googled them before.

• Gl
    glassman88 Mar 09, 2010

There's a lot more to them than you think also.
    I have known Victor for about six years, my wife used to work for him.
    We found out why he hires all of the girls he hires.
    He tries to co-erce them into having sex with him, he hit on my wife about three times in the first week she worked there. She quit after two weeks.
    He could care less about his customers and he charges their cards in order to cover previous unpaid debts to his suppliers.
    One other thing if you want to look it up his brother Sarge is a convicted child molester, and from what I have heard Victor is just as bad, he just hasn't been caught yet.
    The reason I am saying this is because I want the world to know what a scam site outdoor distributors really is.
    I have noticed that they have lost their BBB acredidation.

• De
    Dennis Wixon Apr 04, 2010

WE NEED TO PUT OUTDOORDISTRIBUTORS OUT OF BUSINESS. I ORDERED 3 OR 4 TIMES WITHOUT PROBELMS AND THEN IN SEPTEMBER THEY STOLE $75 FROM ME. I
    HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE MONEY BACK SINCE. I MIGHT DRIVE OVER TO SEE THEM. HOW CAN THEY CONINUE TO OPPERATE? WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY
    HAVE STOLEN FROM!

Parts Never Shipped - Card Charged Day of Order

I contacted Outdoor Distributors concerning replacement parts for a Poulan Chainsaw and was told the part...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices