OrthoWhiteSCAM BY MAIL

I READ ABOUT THE MOTHER WHO COMBINED DAZZLE WHITE AND ORTHOWHITE TO OBTAIN GOOD TEETH WHITENING WITHOUT SPENDING A FORTUNE. IT WAS ON THE FOX AND CNN NETWORKS AS WELL AS IN THE USA TODAY NEWSPAPER. I WENT TO THE SITE, TYPED IN MY INFO BUT BEFORE I HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON, I BEGAN TO READ THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE DIFFICULTIES OF CANCELLING, HOW UNAVAILABLE THE HELP WAS TO REACH AND HOW I WOULD BE BILLED EVERY MONTH $81.00.

THIS MORNING I RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION THAT THE PRODUCT HAD BEEN SENT AND I HAD NOT SUBMITTED MY PURCHASE. HOW THEY GOT THE INFO, I DON'T KNOW BUT I HAVE CALLED A NUMBER I RECEIVED FROM MY VISA CARD AGENT [protected]) AND WAS TOLD THE COMPUTERS ARE DOWN. WHEN YOU CALL THE CANCELLATION NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU IT GIVES YOU "OPTIONS" TO PURCHASE MORE FOR LESS, OR CANCEL WITH OPTION TO BUY WHAT THEY SENT FOR $19., ETC ETC. I WAS TOLD I COULD GO TO THE EASY CANCEL PAGE ON LINE WHICH I DID. THIS TOO MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO CANCEL AS THE OPTIONS TO PURCHASE IN DIFFERENT FORMATS ARE OFFERED. YOU CAN CANCEL BUT YOU MUST PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED "IF" YOU RECEIVE THE ORDER BY A CERTAIN DATE. THAT OF COURSE, PUTS THE PROBLEM ON THE US POST OFFICE! THIS IS TRULY A SCAM WITH A HEADACHE BUILT IT.

• Tj
    tjack Jun 24, 2009

On June 22, 2017 I came across what seemed to be a great offer for a product called OrthoWhite. The offer consisted of me paying a S&H cost of only $2.97 and I would then be shipped a "Free Trial" of their product. In addition, they made it clear that I could CANCEL at anytime by simply going to their website or calling an 800 number.

At the time, the product and the offer seemed great, so of course my first thought was to take advantage of a great "Free Trial" offer. Unfortunately, when I decided to cancel the offer, there was a catch. If I cancelled the offer at this point, my account would be charged a full $19.81 for using this "Free Trial" that I was being sent, or I could simply send it back by a July 9 at my own expense after paying the S&H costs and not even getting a chance to use the product.

This terrible experience has proven why I was and will always be skeptical about trusting any online products offering their version of a "Free Trial". The one time I choose to give a new company a break and try their product, it turns out to be a RIP OFF!

• La
    Larry Hicks Jul 27, 2009

I also got scammed by OrthoWhite.

I applied (online) for a promotion to try OrthoWhite. After placing the order, I got a phone call from a representative of OrthoWhite, who told me of many additional items/services that comes with the promotion. I told the representative I didn’t want it. In the middle of my request stating I wanted the order canceled, the representative hung up on me. I thought it was a rude response to my request to cancel. Then I got an email stating the order has already shipped. I’m very disturbed by this issue.

I now understand, due to the negligence of the representative, I am stuck with a liability. I thought OrthoWhite would be a reputable company I could trust, but now I feel it’s just another company trying to cash-in on internet scams.

This is an ill-gotten entrapment that will cost either: 1) S&H to return unopened and cancel; 2) $19.81 to keep and cancel; 3) or do nothing and automatically get charged $79.41 a month.

This is criminal for something advertised as free.

• Ea
    earth_angel143 Aug 04, 2009

I ordered the "free trial" from Orthowhite in a late night whim- it was July 28th in my timezone. Orthowhite gives you 8 days to cancel before they bill you $78.41. Apparently, because THEIR timezone showed that I ordered at 11:21PM, and they wouldn't take into consideration that the day I tried to cancel was MY 8th day, but apparently THEIR 9th day.

They are very inconsiderate and only want to rip people off as much as they possibly can.

They have no care in the world for people that can't afford this trial, hence why people like myself are looking for FREE TRIALS.

I am trying to find any and every means of reporting them so that they can't do this to people any more.

• Ms
    MS40 Sep 01, 2009

I agree I got the free trail sample from Dazzle white and was charged by Dazzle white however when I called them they right away credited my account no questions asked. I am very happy with the way they treated me however Orthowhite is a different story. Orthowhite is a true scam. Once the 8 days pass they do not credit your account even if you offer to return the product .

• Am
    ampman Sep 05, 2009

Vista Print forces their customers to go thru a series of ads of businesses that offer default op-in schemes for supposedly discounts on travel, hotels and entertainment tickets etc... by tempting the innocent customer with "free digital camera" and other "free stuff". Their first requirement for qualification of "free stuff" is that you provide detailed personal information including your credit card number and address. Once you provide them with that, you will be offered "free trial" of this and that, such as "discount" travel and hotels and meals and tickets by Travel Choice or Orthowhite or Reader Choice. Of course nothing is free or discounted. once they have your phone number and credit card, they will call to offer "free" trial of membership or tooth whitening program with default expensive membership of clubs that are more of rip-off schemes than good deals or honest discounts by requiring high fees for 2-month advanced non-cancelable reservations. Their "yearly membership" is $88 will automatically be charged to your credit card, as well as a host of other expensive memberships charged directly to your credit card when you don't even know that you have subscribed by default to those expensive and useless memberships, unless you cancel BEFORE a given date. If you don't have time to read all the fine prints and cancel everything, many charges will appear on your credit card.

One or more of their emails directed to your SPAM folder that you miss, and boom, your credit card will be charged with many amounts for services and club memberships you have never heard about. It will be very time consuming to fight those fraudulent charges if at all possible. So my advice is NEVER touch the likes of TRAVEL CHOICE, READER CHOICE, ORTHOWHITE and those "free trial programs", or you'll lose money and your temper fighting the credit card charges. i may lose my fight against such a fraudulent credit card charges made by TRAVEL CHOICE, so beware. Do not reply to such "free trial" offers because they are designed to rip internet and phone victims off.

• Ah
    AH in CA Oct 30, 2009

I ordered a free trial teeth whitening product and specified that I ONLY wanted the free trial, nothing more. They charged my account an additional $78.41. When I called up they just kept reading their script over me and then hung up on me twice. They know exactly what they are doing and that is ripping people off. This company should be shut down.

• Su
    Susan Pearse Mar 11, 2010

I recently cancelled any further deliveries of this product on receipt of an email from your company. The email informed me that “Orthowhite” had changed their name. I cannot now remember the new name which is irrelevant anyway.

I have discovered on checking my bank statement that you have withdrawn a further $76 odd which equates to £52.76. This has caused me to become overdrawn and incur bank charges of £35.00.

I am now requesting that you reimburse me for the full amount that I am owed including bank charges.

If you fail to do so I will promise you that I will first inform the Trading Standards UK and US and follow up with a report in all the National Newspapers that “Orthowhite” and any other name you care to call yourselves are a SCAM !!

I await your speedy response.

SM Pearse (Mrs.)

• Li
    Lizcook1 Feb 24, 2011

Saw what i thought was a great deal - realised it wasnt but I made a mistake and clicked to agree to the purchase in error. Tried to phone but phone rang out after a few rings - emailed immediately to ask them not to send it to me - heard back next day to say it was already in the post and i could return the items - wrote to say i had asked them not to post to me and they said i had to return the items (that i had told them i didnt want). 3 days later get email to say it has just been posted to me - so it wasnt in the post. To get refund i have to return the items now but they have only just been posted to me - how can i return somehting i dont have????? It is a complete rip off - surely there must be some consumer groups in the US that look into customer welfare and deal with companies like this who are ripping people off - THIS HAS TO BE ILLEGAL .

• Sl
    SLClarke Apr 01, 2011

I agree totally about Orthowhite. I have cancelled this 3 times now and they are still taking money out of my account. Total SCAM!!

IvoryWhite is the same SCAM. I have again cancelled this 3 times.

My bank are not happy with what is happening but seem to have no powers abou the money leaving my account - they can only return the money once it has gone out.

I would not recommend either of these companies to anyone, as they do not cancel the subscription even when you cancel on several occassions. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

• St
    Stephan Granado Oct 20, 2011

Would like to get to web-site to cancel my account.

[email protected]

• Lo
    lourdes franco Nov 18, 2011

OrthoWhite says that you can get a free trial paying $1 for shipping. When you give them your credit card they start charging you around $80 to send their products after they send the "free trial", so you end up paying $80 for a free trial that was suppose to be "free" you were supposed to just pay the "shipping" cost. Then when you want your money back because you don't want the product they say that you are not elegible for a refund even when their refund policy says that if the product is in good condition you can return it and receive your money back.

• De
    DeeLH Jun 07, 2012

I was taken by them too. They told me I could try it for 30 days but when I said I didn't want it they told me that I would have to pay 19.41 if I had tried it. If I keep it then I would have to pay $78.00. Next they told me if I sent it back and it was damaged I would still have to pay the $19.41. They said I could send it all back but if it comes back damaged then I would still have to pay $19.41. Ya right, I would bet it comes back damaged. Oh they tell me that the one I could keep is the children's one. What??? I don't have children now, so why would I want this kit. They are so crooked. Please don't try.