Optimum$80.00 service call fee

Ma Jun 21, 2019 Port Jefferson Station, NY Review updated:

I recently had trouble with my internet service and called the service center. A lovely person talked me through some tests over the phone and determined it was the signal to the modem.
We scheduled a service call appointment; the service tech calling in advance and showing up on time. He quickly diagnosed the problem and installed a new line to the house.
He then asked to see the connection inside my house, checked that the existing cable was tight and connected to the modem then asked to see where the line entered the home which was in the basement. He tested the signal which he determined to be very strong; removed an existing splitter and added a new connector to the main cable line to the house. He then connected the cable. The tech literally spent less than 1 minute doing this.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Port Jefferson Station, NY
I was dismayed to see an $80 charge on the work order and went in person to the Port Jefferson office to express my concern and hoped to have this charge reversed. It was because of this very minor adjustment I am being charged an $80 fee since "He came inside and had to replace existing equipment inside the home". Seriously? A new end connector? He changed it in seconds... It's just outrageous and unethical in my opinion.
I'm embarrassed to say I became very angry expressing my outrage over this charge. The attitude of the manager was cold and indifferent to say the least and I feel totally ripped off.
My monthly Optimum bill continues to rise with charges for the modem (which promptly doubled) and now a "network enhancement fee" whatever that is. It's now $80 a month just for internet service.
I have been a loyal customer in good standing for decades and this experience has me determined to switch my ISP as soon as another provider become available in my area.
Shame on you Optimum for taking advantage of your customers just because you can.

Comments

Jun 22, 2019

Next time read your agreement.

Jun 22, 2019

@chadt41 You are kidding right? You cannot read the tablet you are asked to sign as an “acknowledgement” and don't receive the work order until after the fact. I was NOT informed of this policy over the phone - only that there would be a charge of $80 if I wasn’t home.
    Regardless, an $80 fee for replacing the the end connector on a coaxial cable is outrageous and not considered “replacement of existing equipment” in my opinion.
    Nice that you have money to throw away, I do not.

Jun 27, 2019

@chadt41 ok idiot ya need to read it your self since you posted you been rip off by DirecTV

Jun 23, 2019

If you didn’t read it before signing it, then you would be stupid.

If you cannot read it because it is too small, tell them that and by law they have to give you a readable copy. If you’re saying the technician was just wanting you to sign and go, then again, you’re stupid. It is you’re own fault, and that excuse doesn’t fly.

Jun 23, 2019

@chadt41 It must be wonderful being so self righteous. You clearly are missing the point but I greatly appreciate being called stupid - don’t know how I’ve managed to get through life being such an idiot. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

@Maxokitty ha ha

Jun 24, 2019

@Maxokitty You tell him Maxokitty as you can see he is a pro at being a know it all and a 100% smart ass he is know it all chadt41 pro idiot right.

Jun 25, 2019

@chadt41screwface Not really anything to tell me. I am guessing reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you.

Jun 24, 2019

Not really self righteous. It is basic consumerism. Read what you sign before signing it. Otherwise, live with the decision you made not to read it. This is a factor of your own doing. That is the point you’re missing. You’re not special and will be treated like everyone else.

@chadt41 lease o no hide behind a screen name like you do scumbag

@chadt41screwface met lease i don't hide behind a screen name like you do

Jun 25, 2019

ha ha scumbag your a joke get lost

Jun 26, 2019

Your screen name is literally “none ya business”. Yes, you’re hiding behind a screen name, and are still incorrect. Hope that helps.

Jun 26, 2019

@chadt41 Well idiot i am not hiding behind a screen name as my name is posted [censored] get lost idiot you make me sick in my stomach keep sucking them

Jun 27, 2019

Your name is posted as either “None Ya Business”, or “Censored”. Reread each of your posts buddy.

Jun 27, 2019

@chadt41 bite one screw face liar and my name is none of your business idiot get lost scumbag sucker as they say you are a real true idiot scum

Jun 27, 2019

Chadt41 a 100% know it all a true liar as others say your a piece of crap to bad we cant block idiots like you

Jun 28, 2019

You’re literally the one that brought up hiding behind a name. Guess who that makes look like the idiot...