Opex Corporationtreatment of Service techs

X

If you ever intend on working for Opex, do yourself a favor don’t believe their ### when they tell you that service techs are the most important part of their operation, that you make a difference, that your job is safe. All it takes is one customer to misunderstand you or misstate what you did or didn’t do to your management and out you go, without warning, they will call you ask you how you’re doing and if they can meet you, sure, once there they are all nice and complementary, to you and the client you happen to be with, then ask you if your finished up at this location, sure, "let’s go" ok, once out the door -your fired, no explanations, no reason, no rebuttals no nothing just hand in your stuff. Chris Campbell, Ken Richards Larry Fuller Allen Edmonds, are untouchable, been there too long don’t follow their example. They can goof off - slack off talk to the customer any which away and get by with it. You on the other hand can always be onsite, on time, kind, courteous, listen, and be respectful and you will be the first get ### on.

• Xp
    Xpeo Sep 09, 2009

Totally true

• Ah
    AHU Apr 21, 2011

Whoever you are don’t know. But I used to work for Opex for last 10 years. Opex is the best company I ever work for. I never had any problem with the company or with the Customers. I was in trouble by my coworker not by the Manager or the Company. One of my coworker complained to the Opex Customer that I’m not maintaining the equipment as it should, then customer complained about me without talking to me to my Manager. My Manager told me to do the PM and I told him I have done the PM. I was told to do it again which I did. Latter I found by One of Opex Customer Employ that my coworker complained about me. Don’t want to mention his name but I was told his name. Opex Technicians need to work together before complaining to their Manager or to the customer. If problem is not solved by technicians then talk to the regional manager about the maintenance issues not to the Opex customers. I got upset and quit the job. It’s my own words that I made a mistake and I’m going through. If you are a good Technician you don’t need to worry about anything. Stop complaining and move forward and learn from your mistake and be positive. Hope you are doing well. God bless you.

• Op
    opxsux May 07, 2012

I certainly agree, with Xpeo. Working at OPEX Corporation was the worst experience of my life and I will always regret the day I joined this company.

I would like to advise any future applicant not to believe their claim that "OPEX management never laid-off anybody". I am certainly here to witness that I was unfairly dismissed by OPEX Corporation and over the 2 years that worked there I saw many other people being ruthlessly terminated.

I was personally called by my manager to his office and asked (without witness) to handover my resignation, which is illegal. As I would not agree to my own termination, I received threat that OPEX would find another way to terminate my employment. A month after this meeting I received, a letter stating that my role had been made redundant. It was clear that the company was using redundancy as a pretext for dismissal as they weren't able to demonstrate any selection process.

After terminating my employment, OPEX Corporation refused to pay salaries and commission and withheld my money for almost 2 year. I only received the payments that I was owed after taking the company to Court.

Here are a few things that you should consider before taking any employment at OPEX Corporation:

- bullying culture
    - express a basic opinion and your job is at stake
    - total disregard for their employees, customers and partners
    - total disregard for employment law
    - they won't pay you when terminating your employment
    - they will ask you for lots of references prior to offering employment, but they won't give you any.
    - they're greedy, vicious and treat their employees as commodities
    - consider yourself lucky if you survive 1 year at OPEX (even if you are extremely successful).

• Op
    opxsux May 07, 2012

I certainly agree with Xpeo. Working at OPEX Corporation was the worst experience of my life and I will always regret the day I joined this company.

I would like to advise any future applicant not to believe their claim that "OPEX management never laid-off anybody". I too was unfairly dismissed by OPEX Corporation and over the 2 years that worked there I saw many other people being ruthlessly terminated.

After terminating my employment, OPEX Corporation refused to pay salaries and commission and withheld my money for almost 2 year. I only received the money that I was owed after filing a Court Case again OPEX.

- bullying culture
    - express a basic opinion and your job is at stake
    - total disregard for their employees, customers and partners
    - total disregard for employment law
    - they won't pay you when terminating your employment
    - the owners are greedy, vicious and treat their employees as commodities

• Kp
    KPFC Jul 18, 2012

OPEX Corporation is a pathetic employer with a total disregard for employment law.
    Incompetent management. Arrogant towards their customers. Untrustworthy company.