opcbad costomer service by Telus

A

I am a 4 year client of Telus Mobility and never once have they disconnected my service because of a late payment. Yesterday they disconnected my service because of a late payment. I'm a busy guy and when I do make payments I make them out for $200 or so at a time so that I don't have to be bothered every month, which lasts me 3 months at a time. When I am late on a payment a get a text message or voicemail reminder from Telus and them I make a payment.

However I did not receive a text or voicemail reminder this time and it was disconnected. I informed them that I never received the text or voicemail and they said that in their system it showed that it did get sent out... I replied that it didn't surprise me that I didn't receive the messages because a number of my messages had been lost (a consisted shortcoming of Telus).

I informed them that I have made a payment that morning and would like them to re-activate my phone. They said they would but would have to charge a re-activation fee of $30. I said that since their text and voicemail messages didn't get through to me that perhaps they should drop the $30 charge out of consideration. A simple courtesy... They wouldn't.

So I told them that if they didn't drop the charge I would not only cancel my phone but I would cancel my business phone and my mothers phone with them, 3 other phone lines...

So for $30 they have lost thousands of dollars of future revenue with me and my family... they didn't care.

The way Telus dealt with blowing up such a simple issue has totally disgusted me... I will continue to convert other friends and family member out of there Telus accounts for as long as i live.