Only 1 Prepaid VisaMoney not avabile

D

They have been holding $150. in pending payments since Jan. 25. No one can
tell me why and the hold time to get to customer has been as long as 45 min more that once. Have also been cut off after long hold and told to call back or been disconnected. Meta banks name is on their web site and visa is on the card. Has anyone else had problems with them ?

madmom Mar 31, 2009

I purchased a card at an Albertsons grocery store in Louisiana for my teen age son who will be travelling overseas. The packaginmg said it was reloadable. But web site shows NO RELOADIT LOCATIONS in the state of LOUISIANA!!! And when calling customer service (whose 801 numb er IS NOT TOLL FREE), I keep getting press 0 for customer service OVER and OVER no matter how many times I press zero!

What type of organization is this? How can they hold the VISA trademark! And how can they sell cards in LOUISIANA if they cannot be reloaded there!

• Ve
    VeryDissatisfied58 May 26, 2009

I purchased the Only 1 Travel Money Card at a Tom Thumb store in Frisco Texas. When I tried using the card, it was declined. I called numerous times and spent countless hours trying to get this rectified. I was told a refund check was sent out twice and was lost in transit both times by the postal service. It has been five months since we have started the process of receive a refund check and still no results. I would not recommend to any one the use or purchase of ANY Only 1 card. They need to be sued!

• Mi
    mistletoe177 Jun 10, 2009

My card was somehow compromised, and all the money taken by fraudulent charges in Australia, while I was on vacation in Washington DC, leaving me with $13 on the card and very little cash. When I called to ask them to reverse the fraudulent charges and put the money back on the card, I was told that I had to fax them a letter, and that the "disputed transactions" department would have to investigate. I would get a refund in 60 to 90 days! Needless to say, it ruined my vacation. Having them charge me $1 every time I called was just rubbing salt in the wound, and the nasty customer "service" reps were horrible. I called VISA and asked them how they could allow a company to market a card using their logo and not have a policy in place for emergencies and fraudulent charges, and they said that issuing institutions set their own rules, other than a few basic ones. I just checked SISA's website, and it says that issuers have to reverse fraudulent charges within 5 days! They lie!!!

Not Happy with Only1 Jun 17, 2009

I purchased a $500 Only1 Visa Travel Money Card from an A&P in New Jersey. When I read the package it stated that to activate the recipient must supply, name, address and birthdate. THis card was purchased for my son's graduation and needless to say he has not had access to the money yet. When I Called and inquired I was told he failed the verification, because he does not have a credit report. Unbeknowest to me they require a SOCIAL SECURITY number to activate the card. Who does that these days, with so many issues of identity theft. They then stated we would need to send in his SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND HIS DRIVERS LICENSE. Are they crazy. why not just ask for his first born. and all of this to get access to the money I put on the card. While suffice to say we have requested a refund, which must go through there fraud dept, for a card that has not been activated or used.

I will never purchase one of there cards again!!!

johncool Jun 24, 2009

I purchased a 500 from only 1 visa travelmoney on6/22/09 and order parts for motor cycle and it is not paying the bill put money on hold they say it will take 24 to 48 hour the company I may my purchased with helping with this and then fax ing all the papers I call only 1 it till not back in account do not do not buy this card john

• Du
    Dugzmad Jul 22, 2009

We did get a refund, but you cannot reload the card with anything CASH! So what good is it?

• Ro
    Ron Freeman PhD Jul 28, 2009

I purchased a only1 card from Safeway in Mill Valley California. I paid $9.95 formthe card and deposited $130 when I tried to register the card it told me I could not because I had purchased a only1 card16 minths prior. They told me to cancel the card and I would recieved a refund minus $1.00 a call for 13 calls it took and $5.95 for the refund check when you average in the 4 hours I spent on the phone and now the FDIC paperwork I have to file to get the money back. THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDULANT FELONS WAITING TO BE ARRESTED

• Ek
    EK~ Aug 06, 2009

I really should have read these forums beforehand!

I purchased one of those cards just yesterday in a Post office in VIC Australia! Wanting not to sign up for a credit card account due to its complexity, I decided on getting these sort after 'prepaid credit cards' for some online purchases.

The only choices were a $50 or a $100, I picked the $50. When purchasing the lady behind the counter kindly told me to wait 24 HOURS BEFORE USING. And I did, I waited out for the whole 24 hours. Then to my surprise when I tried to log in on www.only1.com.au and entered all necessary details, it then stated there was an error. I thought prehaps it wasnt activated yet, so I waited another 30mins.

Again it wouldnt go through stating there was an error, for the third time I tried again the error message was stated. Afterwards I called into the consumer call line. Through the automated machine it stated I had ZERO dollars in my balance!!! I had not even begin on using it. So I went back to the site to log in again. This time it said my account had been LOCKED as I did not have the correct details! How can that be if I was able to check my account through the phone, why couldnt I log in to the stupid site?

This is my first prepaid card, and it would be my last. I thought this would have been trustworthy due to its links to the ANZ bank, the Australian and NewZealand bank. How can a bank such as the ANZ be affliated with such a untrustworthy company?

• Do
    dolphinlvr Aug 11, 2009

I was given a $500 card, jumped through hoops to get it activated, and used it no problem. When you activate they send you a card with your name, I tossed mine thinking, "I have the original." The original doesn't work once the other one has been sent out. In the mean time, I've been charged a 4.95 monthly fee, 5.95 to replace it (my fault for not listening carefully), and 1.00 for talking to a live person to get the new card. Stay away from this company. As a teacher I get gift cards all the time and never get charged a monthly fee on the card.

• Ri
    ripcurlsurfing7 Sep 05, 2009

i bought one of these only1 cards from albertsons in orange california and no one can reload it with cash they keep telling me to do it over the phone or on the computer. now what good is the card if i have to have a credit or debit card to put money on it!! it defeats the whole purpose of getting the damn thing!!! I CANT PUT CASH IN MY COMPUTER OR IN THE PHONE NOW CAN I?!?!?! and they got fees up the ###!! i mean a dollar to talk to customer service!!! now thats wayy over the line!!! MY OPINION DONT GET THIS CARD!!! THEY SHOULD PUT IT ON THE NEWS SO EVERYONE KNOWS NOT TO GET IT!!!

• Dt
    dtdsfca Sep 13, 2009

Same thing happened to me... I went into a Safeway to reload my card, the clerk said the system must be down and to come back later. I said no, I will buy a reload it card for 150.00 now, and reload it in a bit at home on my computer when it's back up. Well, the system never came back up all night. I was actually going to use the card to rent a car at 6am to go away for the weekend. Needless to say, that didn't happen. So my mone is in suspended virtual world, and I am SOL. Called customer service numbers, they are only open from 6am to 6pm on weekends... so I had to cancel my plans, wait and then call and wait on hold for a BAD customer service rep to throw me attitude and take her sweet ### time. All the while, I am paying PREMIUM fees to have this card, and can't even fricken use my own money that they have, plus way more in fees over the life of this stupid card. I'm canceling it today.

• Je
    JenniferT Sep 21, 2009

I purchased Only1 Visa Travel Money card on 09/05/09. I bought it for use in Costa Rica as I did not want to carry a lot of cash nor bring my debit card. This company declined my card when I tried to pull money from an ATM. I though it was because I was in Costa Rica, but as it turned out, it was because they couldn't "verify" my information when I registered the card via internet. I was in Costa Rica, incurred $2.00/minute charges while trying to call them regarding this problem. This HORRIBLE company said they wouldn't help me until I faxed them a copy of my driver's license, social security card, and a bill showing my name and address. I explained repeatedly that I was in Costa Rica and WITHOUT money and I did not have access to those documents until I got home. Meta Bank said they couldn't help and even if I did send them the documents, it would still be 48-72 hrs until my card could be activated. THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT!! I would have been better off carrying cash or bringing my debit card. At least I would have had access to some money. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!

• He
    helen swapp Nov 01, 2009

This is a HORRIBLE company!!! The Better Business Bureau rates them with an F and they have in excess of 200 complaints against them. They settled a $300 debit against my card despite being provided with atm receipts that documented that the transaction had failed and I had not gotten any money. They had been notified by phone and received a fax with the atm receipts the day before they settled the debit. They then told me they would have to investigate and that they were "allowed " to take up to 60 days to do so. The people at their customer service center are rude and do not seem interested in resolving problems. It takes forever to get through to anyone. I referred my concerns to The Office of Thrift Supervision, the federal agency that has jurisdiction over Meta Bank. Interestingly Only 1 resolved my complaint the same day I was told by OTS that the complaint had been forwarded to Meta Bank. Do not passively let this company walk all over you. Take whatever action you can think of to stop them. I have found complaints against them at several sites on the internet. They are despicable!!!

• Wh
    whatisripoff Nov 14, 2009

2 things happened-
    1.I bought the card to pay soomeone online and send money to their paypal account, but they didnt let me! i can only send to Only1 accounts.
    2.In a month i bought 3 packs of gum, blizzard, and a smoothie, The next, month i tried to use it and it got declined from walmart, then dairy queen, then albertsons, then Roller Rink. I used these stores before, it schouldnt be declined, I figured it was because i asked for a new password[forgot pass] So i typed in all the corrected login information and i get this =
    ' * The login information you entered is invalid. '
    What a waste of time and money

• Ta
    tammylyn Nov 30, 2009

A few weeks ago I purchased a re loadable only1, at Stop and Shop in Williamstown Ma. I was stocked, a reloadable card, without the fuss of reloading thru western union. I am very familiar with reload cards as I use it to make online purchases ect. Having learned a hard valuable lesson of having my real bank account and credit cards online. So, while I waited for the new card to come with my name engraved in it, what a laugh, I haven't been able to reload it a ANYWHERE! Stop and Shop isn't providing the services and Walmart, , when the teller slides my card it comes up as invalid. I called the reps to help me resolve the issue and am told to purchase relaod its. I am charged $9.95 for the purchase of the card, and a $4.95 monthly fee. But can't put money on the damned thing. GARBAGE! DON"T PURCHASE!!!

• Je
    jessiedeenlosesabet Dec 02, 2009

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!! Oh god here I thought this company was being an ### towards me. Turns out their not racial when it comes to stealing other peoples' money huh? I got a card to use to make some online purchases and like the horror stories above I wasn't "VERIFIED" so I had to send in documents CONFIRMING my identity. Which I did, and what wasn't stated to me was I had to call in the next day to CONFIRM they got my information... I waited 1 week for my patience to run out then call them and ask where this is going. And THEN it gets even better I kindly ask that I want my money back and they say ok you will recieve a refund check in the mail in about 30 days. 3 months later and I call and ask where's my money, they tell me we just changed our policy and do not issue checks anymore. But I had put in my request BEFORE you changed your policy i said. They said, 'sorrry we didn't inform you of our policy changes." so yeah, these ### are ###'s $300 in cyber bank limbo. May sweet sweet karma chew them up and spit them into a sesspool of disgust.

mammawil Dec 15, 2009

I wish I would have read these complaints before buying the card just two days ago. I got the only1 VISA reloadable card to buy stuff off the internet without the hassle of going through a bank. I used the card for my paypal account to pay for an item i won, and, surprisingly, an error message showed up that that my transaction could not go through and it was declined. So I logged onto my account at only1 and the amount for my ebay item was still deducted from my card...TWICE!!! I called the company and, of course, they were NO HELP! THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!

• Ju
    Just me 1967 Jan 13, 2010

I would just like to address everyone complaining about the Only1 visa prepaid cards. First of all before you buy any product go to the web site the website for this product is only1.com and furthermore the terms and conditions are listed on the website and it includes a list of all fees. Also just so everyone knows NON REGISRERED customers can run the card as credit so you can still access your money even if you did not pass ID verification so stop saying that the company is stealing your money that’s just dumb. Another thing is that this card can be reloaded at any 711, Albertsons, or CVS and those stores are in Louisiana! There is an Only 1 visa reload it pack for those of you who can not find places to reload the card at the register those packs are sold wherever the cards are sold. Maybe if people these days was not too lazy to read the packaging and the terms and conditions you wouldn’t look like an idiot by posting untrue statements about the company. P.S. Talking to a live agent is now free and the packaging says the instant issue cards expire after 60 days : )

• Ha
    hazelnb Jan 23, 2010

My mother got me two cards at $100 each as a christmas present. I, too, had to go through the hassle of setting up the cards to work. I looked around in my account when logged in and noticed I could transfer the funds to my bank account - BIG mistake!!! I waited 2 weeks and still nothing in my bank account, but the money was gone from my card. So, I called my bank and Visa Only 1. Visa said they showed the money had been deducted and was in my bank's hands and they couldn't help me. In addition, they said the cards weren't meant to transfer directly to my bank account ( even though that option was available to me in my account area) and would end up being rejected by my bank and sent back to my Visa account. So, I called my bank and they said IF it had showed up, their rejections are completed within 3-5 days. It had been WELL over 3-5 days. So, I went back to Visa once again and they said it can take up to 30 days for it to appear back in my account on their end. So, now I'm waiting until February. If it's still not there, they said I can file a claim with Visa Only 1. Who knows if anything will come of that?! All in all, this card blows. They need to work out the kinks and make their whole online set up work properly as it pertains to that particular card. Grrrr!

• On
    only1visauser Feb 02, 2010

ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT! if you dont read the fine print OR call and ask questions then yes it might be a pain to use but if your willing to take the time to post negitive comments here due to your lazy ways then you deserve to have whatever problems you bring on yourself. I have an only1 card and after calling in and asking questions and READING the www.only1.com site... its really easy to use. come on people stop trying to make a company look bad because your lazy or just too stupid to ask questions

• Ix
    Ixtapa Feb 16, 2010

Greetings to "only1visauser"

Do you work for Meta Bank? Are they paying you to contribute here? Have you seen the way the fine print is actually written and that the cards are sold that it is next to impossible to find the fine print online?

I don't have an Only1 Visa prepaid Card thanks to the people who wrote in to this website. I just read the fine print and I will never be getting an Only1 Visa prepaid Card and after reading their input. I am wondering why you went ahead and got one anyway since you have said you read the fine print. Meta Bank charges fees for every little thing. Other banks don't.

Meta Bank is talking about going into arbitration right from the start. Meta Bank is the one who is setting up all of the conditions and the terms. The customer has no say. If the customer had gone into a local bank to buy a local product there may have been room for negotiating.

Meta Bank markets their product to companies that we already know, but makes it impossible to use their prepaid card with out of network agencies. Their product is nothing but a well marketed piece of crap, as many people above have indicated. Meta Bank is out to make money for themselves, if you want to believe that you have a great product in Only1, you can be fooled, and you can choose to refuse to listen to the hard earned lessons of those people who have been burned by Meta Bank's greed.

Only1visauser, where did you see the following? Did you actually sign off agreeing to this? Why?????

Cardholder Agreement
    IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
    1. Terms and Conditions for the Only1® Visa® Prepaid Card. (Meta Bank)
    This document constitutes the agreement ("Agreement") outlining the terms and conditions under which the Only1® Visa® Prepaid Card has been issued to you. By accepting and using this card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. In this Agreement, "Card" means the Only1 Visa Prepaid Card issued to you by MetaBank. "You" and "your" means the person or persons who have received the Card and are authorized to use the Card as provided for in this Agreement. "We, " "us, " and "our" mean MetaBank, our successors, affiliates or assignees. The Card will remain the property of MetaBank and must be surrendered upon demand. The Card is nontransferable, and it may be canceled, repossessed, or revoked at any time without prior notice subject to applicable law. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
    2. Definitions
    The Card is a prepaid card. The Card allows you to access funds you place on the Card. The Card does not constitute a checking, savings or other bank account and is not connected in any way to any other account you may have. This Card is FDIC insured after cardholder information has been verified. The Card is not a credit card. You will not receive any interest on your funds on the Card.
    Authorized Users: You may request an additional Card for another person. You may also permit up to two persons to have access to your Card or Card number. However, if you do, you are liable for all transactions made with the Card or Card number by those persons. You must notify us to revoke permission for any person you previously authorized to use your Card. You are responsible for all transactions and fees incurred by you or any other person you have authorized. If you tell us to revoke another person's use of your Card, we may revoke your Card and issue a new Card with a different number. You are wholly responsible for the use of each Card according to the terms of this Agreement.
    Personal Identification Number ("PIN"): We may, at our option, give you a Personal Identification Number ("PIN"). If we give you a PIN, you may use your Card, (i) to obtain Cash from any Automated Teller Machine ("ATM") or (ii) at any Point-of-Sale (POS) device which requires entry of a PIN that bears the Interlink® brand. All ATM transactions are treated as Cash withdrawal transactions. You should not write or keep your PIN with your Card. If you believe that anyone has gained unauthorized access to your PIN, you should advise us immediately, following the procedures in the paragraph labeled "Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers."
    Loading Your Card: You may add funds to your Card, called "value loading", at any time after your cardholder information has been verified. Your temporary card may only be reloaded up to three times. The amount of each value load must be at least $20. The maximum initial load is $500. There is no limit on the number of times you may value load your personalized Card; however load and frequency limits will vary by retailer. The maximum value load you may place on your Card when aggregated with any other Cards you have authorized is restricted to $10, 000. You agree to present the Card and meet identification requirements to complete load transactions as may be required from time to time.
    3. Using Your Card
    You may use your Card to purchase or lease goods or services wherever the Card is honored as long as you do not exceed the value available on your Card. Your temporary card cannot be used at merchants requiring a manual imprint. You are responsible for all transactions initiated by use of your Card. If you permit someone else to use your Card we will treat this as if you have authorized such use and you will be responsible for any transactions made subject to such use. If you do not have enough value loaded on your Card you can instruct the merchant to charge a part of the purchase to the Card and pay the remaining amount with cash or another card. These are called "split transactions". Some merchants do not allow cardholders to conduct split transactions. Some merchants will only allow you to do a split transaction if you pay the remaining amount in cash.
    If you use your Card number without presenting your Card (such as for a mail order or telephone purchase), the legal effect will be the same as if you used the Card itself.

For security reasons, we may limit the amount or number of transactions you can make on your Card. Your Card cannot be redeemed for cash.

You may use your Card to access cash at an Automated Teller Machine (ATM). You may not use your Card for any illegal transactions, use at casinos, and any gambling activity. ATM withdrawal limits are defined by the ATM owner; however, the maximum daily ATM withdrawal for the Only1 Visa Prepaid Card is $500.
    You should keep track of the amount of value loaded on Cards issued to you. You may call us at the Customer Service number shown on your Card and listed below at any time to obtain the current value on your Card. To reach us, call toll-free [protected] for the balance. Our business hours are Mon- Fri: 5AM - 11PM MST; Sat & Sun: 6AM - 6PM MST.
    Each time you use your Card, you authorize us to reduce the value available on your Card by the amount of the transaction. You are not allowed to exceed the available amount on your Card through an individual transaction or a series of transactions.

Nevertheless, if a transaction exceeds the balance of the funds available on your Card (creating a "shortage") you shall remain fully liable to us for the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees or charges.We reserve the right to bill you for any shortage. You agree to pay us promptly for the shortage. We also reserve the right to cancel this Card should you create one or more shortages with your Card.

You do not have the right to stop payment on any purchase transaction originated by use of your Card.

If you authorize a transaction and then fail to make a purchase of that item as planned, the approval may result in a hold for that amount of funds for up to ten (10) days. Car rentals, hotels and other service- oriented merchants may choose to factor in additional amounts upon check-in, and it may take up to sixty (60) days after your stay or your rental to have any excess amounts held by the hotel added back to your available balance.
    Some restaurants and some other service-oriented merchants may factor in an additional 20% (or more), to cover any tip you may leave on the purchase. If this occurs, and your total bill, after adding in the additional 20% (or more), exceeds the amount available on the Card, it will be declined. Accordingly, you may want to ensure that your Card has an available balance that is 20% (or more) greater than your total bill prior to use.
    MoneyShield™ is an optional Visa virtual account feature. It is a separate Visa account number that can only be used when making mail, phone or internet purchases. To make a purchase, you must first transfer funds from your Only1 card to your MoneyShield account. When asked what payment method you are using, select Visa, then input your 16-digit MoneyShield number and security code, if promoted. You may sign up for a MoneyShield account by calling [protected] or visiting www.only1.com. There is a $9.95 activation fee for a MoneyShield account.
    4. Returns and Refunds
    If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with your Card, you agree to accept credits to your Card for such refunds. The amounts credited to your Card for refunds may not be available for up to five (5) days from the date the refund transaction occurs.
    In order to receive a refund of the funds remaining on your card, you must contact customer service and request a check refund. The fee for issuing a check refund is $5.95. A check refund may take up to 20 business days to be processed and delivered to you. Your termination of this Agreement will not affect any of our rights or your obligations arising under this Agreement prior to termination.
    5. International Transaction Fee
    If you obtain your funds (or make a purchase) in a currency or country other than the currency or country in which your Card was issued, the amount deducted from your funds will be converted by Visa U.S.A. Inc. into an amount in the currency of your Card. Visa U.S.A. Inc. will establish a currency conversion rate for this convenience using a rate selected by Visa U.S.A. Inc. from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date which may vary from the rate Visa U.S.A. Inc. itself receives, or the government-mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date, in each instance, plus or minus any adjustment determined by the Issuer. This percentage amount is independent of any amount taken by the Issuer in accordance with the following section of these Terms & Conditions.
    If you obtain your funds in a currency or country other than the currency or country in which your Card was issued, the Issuer may increase the currency conversion rate (described in the immediately preceding section) up to an additional 2% and will retain this amount as compensation for its services. This charge is independent of the currency conversion rate established by Visa U.S.A. Inc.
    6. Receipts
    You should get a receipt at the time you make a transaction or obtain cash using your Card. You agree to retain your receipt to verify your transactions.
    7. Periodic Statements
    Statements in electronic format will be made available free of charge at www.only1.com during each month in which a transaction occurs. You may choose to have a paper statement mailed to you. However, there is a $2.95 fee for this service.
    You may obtain information about the amount of money you have remaining in your card account by calling [protected]. This information, along with a 60-day history of account transactions, is also available on-line at www.only1.com. You also have the right to obtain a sixty (60) day written history of account transactions by calling [protected] or by writing us at Customer Service, P.O. Box 71402 Salt Lake City, UT 84171.

8. Fees and Charges
    Retail Purchase Fee
    There is a purchase fee of $9.95 added to initial value load.
    Online Purchase Fee
    There is a purchase fee of $5.00, does not include initial value load.
    Replacement Fee
    If your Card is lost or stolen, there will be a fee of $5.95 to replace it.
    Secondary Card Fee
    There is a $9.95 fee for every secondary card requested (up to two allowed).
    Expedited Delivery Fee
    There is a $25 fee if you would like your personalized or replacement card delivery expedited (2 - 3 business days).
    Check Refund Fee
    There is a $5.95 fee to issue a check refund.
    Monthly Service Fee
    There is a $4.95 monthly service fee. All PIN purchase and Signature transactions are free.
    ATM Domestic Transaction Fee
    There is a $1.95 ATM Domestic transaction fee.
    ATM International Transaction Fee
    There is a $3.95 ATM International transaction fee.
    Balance Inquiry (ATM Domestic)
    There is a $0.75 domestic ATM balance inquiry fee.
    Balance Inquiry (ATM International)
    There is a $0.95 international ATM balance inquiry fee.
    Bank Teller/Non ATM Cash Advance
    There is a $4.00 bank teller/Non ATM cash advance fee.
    Bill Pay/Click-n-Pay™ (Electronic)
    One (1) free Click-n-Pay bill payment per week, $1.00 for each bill pay thereafter.
    Bill Pay/Click-n-Pay™ (Paper Check)
    One (1) payment a week for free and each payment thereafter is $1.00.
    Reload Fee
    Varies by retailer.
    Paper Statement Fee
    There is $2.95 fee for each paper statement.
    MoneyShield™
    There is a one-time $9.95 activation fee for the optional MoneyShield account, but no monthly fee or transaction fees when using your MoneyShield account.
    Customer Service/Live Agent
    IVR
    Direct Deposit
    1Alerts™
    BuddyMoney™
    There is a $0.50 fee for every BuddyMoney transfer.
    (Comment: This is most confusing, but it appears as if Meta Bank will grab your money at every turn. Why would anyone want to bank using this service that is if they understood that this is what they were getting into ahead of time? I don’t know how these people got their Only1 prepaid cards from Meta Bank. I do know from looking at Meta Bank’s other websites that this kind of information was tucked away and not the first thing that was brought to prospective customer’s attention. The customer’s above feel as if they have been abused by Meta Bank and if they have been taken advantage of by Meta Bank; Meta Bank knows what they are doing in regard to customer service. Or else they would have responded in a far different manner. Meta Bank is out to make money for themselves, and that is all. They do not care about their customers.)
    9. Confidentiality
    We may disclose information to third parties about your Card or the transactions you make:
    • (1) Where it is necessary for completing transactions;
    • (2) In order to verify the existence and condition of your Card for a third party, such as merchant;
    • (3) In order to comply with government agency, court order, or other legal reporting requirements;
    • (4) If you give us your written permission, or;
    • (5) To our employees, auditors, affiliates, service providers, or attorneys as needed.
    10. Our Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions

In no event will we be liable for consequential damages (including lost profits), extraordinary damages, special or punitive damages.

We will not be liable, for instance:
    • (1) If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough funds available on your Card to complete the transaction;
    • (2) If a merchant refuses to accept your Card;
    • (3) If an ATM where you are making a cash withdrawal does not have enough cash;
    • (4) If an electronic terminal where you are making a transaction does not operate properly, and you knew about the problem when you initiated the transaction;
    • (5) If access to your Card has been blocked after you reported your Card lost or stolen;
    • (6) If there is a hold or your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting their use;
    • (7) If we have reason to believe the requested transaction is unauthorized;
    • (8) If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or computer or communication failure) prevent the completion of the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or
    • (9) Any other exception stated in our Agreement with you.
    11. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
    Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Card has been lost or stolen. Telephoning toll-free at [protected] is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You may not be liable for unauthorized use of your Card provided that you notify us within a reasonable time after learning of the loss or theft of your Card if you provide us adequate notice and sufficient time to prevent unauthorized uses of your Card.
    A transaction will be considered unauthorized if it is initiated by someone other than you without your authority, or you receive no benefit from the transaction, or if we do conclude, in our sole discretion, that the facts and circumstances do reasonably support a claim of unauthorized use. Reasonable time will be determined in our sole discretion based on the circumstances but will not be less than 60 days from the transaction date. If your Card has been lost or stolen, we will close your Card to keep losses down if you provide us adequate notice and sufficient time to close your Card before there are unauthorized uses of your Card. We reserve the right to investigate any claim you may make with respect to a lost or stolen Card, and you agree to cooperate with such investigation. We may ask you for a written statement, affidavit or other information in support of the claim. Also, if your transaction history shows transactions that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the transaction history was made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the unauthorized transaction if you had told us in time. Our liability is limited to reimbursing you for the face amount of any unauthorized transaction.
    12. Other Terms
    Your Card and your obligations under this Agreement may not be assigned. We may transfer our rights under this Agreement. Use of your Card is subject to all applicable rules and customs of any clearinghouse or other association involved in transactions.We do not waive our rights by delaying or failing to exercise them at anytime. If any provision of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable under any rule, law, or regulation of any governmental agency, local, state, or federal, the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement shall not be affected. This Agreement will be governed by the law of the State of South Dakota except to the extent governed by federal law. In accordance with applicable laws, a Visa cardholder, including Visa Prepaid cardholders, has the right to dispute unauthorized or erroneous transactions that are charged to their prepaid account. Additionally, the Visa U.S.A. requirement for Zero-Liability applies to registered Only1 Visa Prepaid Card. Visa's Zero Liability policy means the protection as described below. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you have complete liability protection for all your card transactions that take place on the Visa system, should someone steal your card number while you are shopping, online or off, you pay nothing for their fraudulent activity. If you notice fraudulent activity on your card, promptly contact customer service to report it. The only transactions not covered under the Zero Liability policy are commercial card, ATM, non-Visa-branded PIN transactions or due to gross negligence by the cardholder.
    13. Amendment and Cancellation
    We may amend or change the terms of this Agreement at any time. You will be notified of any change in the manner provided by applicable law prior to the effective date of the change. However, if the change is made for security purposes, we can implement such change without prior notice. We may cancel or suspend your Card or this Agreement at any time. (Comment: I believe that Meta Bank has taken some liberties with their understanding here.) You may cancel this Agreement by returning the Card to us. Your termination of this Agreement will not affect any of our rights or your obligations arising under this Agreement prior to termination.
    14. Information About Your Right to Dispute Errors
    In case of errors or questions about your Card transactions, call [protected] or write to Customer Service, P.O. Box 71402 Salt Lake City, UT 84171 if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. You must contact us no later than sixty (60) days after we have sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
    • (1) Provide your name and Card number (if any);
    • (2) Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain why you believe it is an error or why you need more information;
    • (3) Provide the dollar amount of the suspected error.
    If you provide this information orally, we may require that you send your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or question. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and you do not provide it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your Card.
    For errors involving new Cards, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to ninety (90) days to investigate your complaint or question. We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing the investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. Copies of the documents used in the investigation may be obtained by contacting: [protected].
    15. Privacy and Data Protection
    • (i) Information We Collect ("Cardholder Information"):
    ◦ (a) Information about purchases made with the Card, such as date of purchase, amount and place of
purchase.
    ◦ (b) Information you provide to us when you apply for a Card, or for replacement Cards or when you contact
us with customer service issues, such as name, address, phone number.
    • (ii) Information Security: Except for our disclosure of Cardholder Information to Blackhawk Network, Inc., ("Blackhawk"), which assists in the distribution of the Card, only those persons who need it to perform their job responsibilities are authorized to have access to Cardholder Information. In addition, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures that comply with federal regulations to safeguard Cardholder Information.
    • (iii) Disclosure: We may use Cardholder Information to provide customer services, to process claims for lost or stolen Cards, to develop marketing programs, to help protect against fraud and to conduct research and analysis. In addition, it is often necessary for us to disclose Cardholder Information for the same purposes to companies that work with us. For example, we may provide certain Cardholder Information to companies that perform business operations or services, including marketing services, on our behalf. We may also provide certain Cardholder Information to others as permitted by law, such as government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas.
    • (iv) Consent to Disclose. We may share your Cardholder Information with Blackhawk for its use as needed to perform Card related services. Blackhawk may also use your Cardholder Information for its marketing purposes unless you opt-out by calling us at [protected], or e-mailing us at [protected]@only1.com or writing to us at Customer Service, P.O. Box 71402 Salt Lake City, UT 84171. Opting out will not affect our ability to share information with Blackhawk as needed to perform Card related services. If you are a resident of any of the following states: Vermont, California, Maine, North Dakota or Alaska Blackhawk will not be permitted to use your Cardholder Information for marketing purposes unless you consent to it by calling us at [protected], or emailing us at [protected]@only1.com or writing to us at Customer Service, P.O. Box 71402 Salt Lake City, UT 84171.
    16. Telephone Monitoring/Recording
    From time to time we may monitor and/or record telephone calls between you and us to assure the quality of our customer service or as required by applicable law.
    17. No Warranty Regarding Goods and Services
    We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services you purchase with your Card.
    18. Arbitration
    (a) Purpose: This Arbitration Provision sets forth the circumstances and procedures under which claims (as defined below) may be arbitrated instead of litigated in court.
    (b) Definitions: As used in this Arbitration Provision, the term "Claim" means any claim, dispute or controversy between you and us arising from or relating to the Card or this Agreement as well as any related or prior agreement that you may have had with us or the relationships resulting from this Agreement, including the validity, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Provision or the Agreements. "Claim" includes claims of every kind and nature, including but not limited to initial claims, counterclaims, cross-claims and third-party claims and claims based upon contract, tort, fraud and other intentional torts, statutes, regulations, common law and equity. The term "Claim" is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced and includes, by way of example and without limitation, any claim, dispute or controversy that arises from or relates to (i) your Card, or the Cards of any Additional Cardholders designated by you; (ii) the amount of Available Funds on the Cards; (iii) advertisements, promotions or oral or written statements related to the Cards, goods or services purchased with the Cards; (iv) the benefits and services related to the Cards; and (v) your enrollment for any Card. We shall not elect to use arbitration under the Arbitration Provision for any Claim that you properly file and pursue in a small claims court of your state or municipality so long as the Claim is individual and pending only in the court.
    As used in the Arbitration Provision, the terms "we" and "us" shall for all purposes mean the Bank, wholly or majority owned subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, predecessors, successors, and assigns; and all of their agents, employees, directors and representatives. In addition, "we" or "us" shall include any third party using or providing any product, service or benefit in connection with any Cards (including, but not limited to merchants who accept the Card, third parties who use or provide services, debt collectors and all of their agents, employees, directors and representatives) if, and only if, such third party is named as a co-party with us (or files a Claim with or against us) in connection with a Claim asserted by you. As solely used in this Arbitration Provision, the terms "you" or "yours" shall mean all persons or entities approved by us to have and/or use a Card, including but not limited to all persons or entities contractually obligated under any of the Agreements and all Additional Cardholders.
    (c) Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Administrator: Any Claim shall be resolved, upon the election by you or us, by arbitration pursuant to this Arbitration Provision and the code of procedures of the national arbitration organization to which the Claim is referred in effect at the time the Claim is filed. Claims shall be referred to either the National Arbitration Forum ("NAF"), Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), or the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as selected by the party electing to use arbitration. If a selection by us of one of these organizations is unacceptable to you, you shall have the right within 30 days after you receive notice of our election to select either of the other organizations listed to serve as arbitrator administrator. For a copy of the procedures, to file a Claim or for other information about these organizations, contact them as follows: (i) the NAF at P.O. Box 50191, Minneapolis, MN 55404; website at www.arbitration-forum.com; (ii) JAMS at 1920 Main Street, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 92614; website at www.jamsadr.com; (iii) AAA at 335 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017; website at www.adr.org .
    Significance of Arbitration: IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM, OR TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED FOR IN THE CODE OF PROCEDURES OF THE NAF, JAMS, OR AAA, AS APPLICABLE (THE "CODE"). FURTHER, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
    (e) Restrictions on Arbitration: If either party elects to resolve a Claim by arbitration, that Claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis. There shall be no right or authority for any Claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving Claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, other Cardholders or other persons similarly situated. The arbitrator's authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between you and us alone, and the arbitrator's authority to make awards is limited to you and us alone. Furthermore, Claims brought by you against us or by us against you may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against someone other than you, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by all parties.
    (f) Location of Arbitration/Payment of Fees: Any arbitration hearing that you attend shall take place in the federal judicial district of your residence. At your written request, we will consider in good faith making a temporary advance of all or part of the filing administrative and/or hearing fees for any Claim you initiate as to which you or we seek arbitration. At the conclusion of the arbitration (or any appeal thereof), the arbitrator (or panel) will decide who will ultimately be responsible for paying the filing, administrative and/or hearing fees in connection with the arbitration (or appeal). If and to the extent you incur filing, administrative and/or hearing fees in arbitration, including for any appeal, exceeding the amount they would have been if the Claim had been brought in the state or federal court which is closest to your billing address and would have had jurisdiction over the Claim, we will reimburse you to that extent unless the arbitrator (or panel) determines that the fees were incurred without any substantial justification.
    (g) Arbitration Procedures: This Arbitration Provision is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16, as it may be amended (the "FAA"). The arbitration shall be governed by the applicable Code, except that (to the extent enforceable under the FAA) this arbitration Provision shall control if it is inconsistent with the applicable Code. The arbitrator shall apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law and, at the timely request of either party, shall provide a brief written explanation of the basis for the decision. In conducting the arbitration proceeding, the arbitrator shall not apply the Federal or any state rules of civil procedure or rules of evidence. Either party may submit a request to the arbitrator to expand the scope of discovery allowable under the applicable Code. The party submitting such a request must provide a copy to the other party, who may submit objections to the arbitrator with a copy of the objections provided to the request party, within fifteen (15) days of receiving the requesting party's notice. The granting or denial of such request will be in the sole discretion of the arbitrator who shall notify the parties of his/her decision within twenty (20) days of the objecting party's submission. The arbitrator shall take reasonable steps to preserve the privacy of individuals, and of business matters. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitrator's decision will be final and binding, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA. However, any party can appeal that award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by the same arbitration organization, which shall consider anew any aspect of the initial award objected to by the appealing party. The appealing party shall have thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award to notify the arbitration organization that it is exercising the right of appeal. The appeal shall be filed with the arbitration organization in the form of a dated writing. The arbitration organization will then notify the other party that the award has been appealed. The arbitration organization will appoint a three-arbitrator panel which will conduct an arbitration pursuant to its Code and issue its decision within one hundred twenty (120) days of the date of the appellant's written notice. The decision of the panel shall be by majority vote and shall be final and binding.
    (h) Continuation: This Arbitration Provision shall survive termination of your Card as well as voluntary payment of the debt in full by you, any legal proceeding by us to collect a debt owed by you, and any bankruptcy by you or us. If any portion of this Arbitration Provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable under any principle or provision of law or equity, consistent with the FAA, it shall not invalidate the remaining portions of this Arbitration Provision, the Agreement or any prior agreement you may have had with us, each of which shall be enforceable regardless of such invalidity.

• Wa
    Waltercampos Apr 28, 2010

I'm not agree with you all people! Only1 is the best company ever!!! They are so kind when you call customer service! The only thing ya'll need to do is to read the terms and conditions whenever you purchase the card so you all will realize that it's not that bad!! All I have to say is that I love Only1 and I will still using these cards.

• Ba
    Badger59 May 14, 2010

I too was a victim of this scandulous company! I purchased a card for $250 at my local HyVee store. The card was used for gas on a trip - used twice for approximately $80 total- and after that it kept being declined. Numerous calls to the company said there was nothing they could do as they were authorized charges. No - they weren't! Better Business Bureau has given them a huge failing grade. I printed out these posts as well as from BBB and gave them to the manager at HyVee. I feel their corporate office should know about this.
    People, please contact your local news, 20/20, Dateline or any other source that will help reveal this ripoff company!!
    DO NOT BUY THESE CARDS!!! Go to your local AAA office for a reputable travel card!!

• Lu
    LuCXYZ Jun 22, 2010

I've ordered 3 cards from them and haven’t received ANY! They've been charging me monthly fees even while (at their own fault) I have had no access to my account. They've also charged me replacement card fees for the cards they've "lost" (or just forgot to send me).

No one at their customer service line speaks good English, and I've been hung-up on twice!

• On
    only1sucks Jul 07, 2010

I HATE this card so much I can't even begin to explain. I bought one of the cards to give to my boyfriend so that he may be able to use it to buy a gift for himself. Little did I know the store I bought it from only had the reload it cards and when I asked if this was it I got little to no answer. Later when I called to inquire as to why I couldn't use it they told me I had to fax pretty much my whole life over to them so that they can verify it. Never again will I EVER use anything from that company. Not only were they ignorant about anything when I called customare service but they refused to even so much as help me figure out a way to USE it. $60 is now down the drain.

• Li
    lillianbadgirl Jul 22, 2010

the info is not available on the package, so yes i have learned that you go to the internet first, lesson learned, I used mine for a bingo site..found out now is not allowed..lesson 2, now if i dont send them three forms of ID they will not unlock my account so I can get out my money and they will turn me into homeland security for unauthorized activity...playing bingo...sooooooooooooooooo bizare

• Me
    mektek69 Sep 04, 2010

Well, after reading all these complaints I'm really worried now. I'm just upset because in the 2 days I've had the card the website has lost my password 3 times, and the reset password system doesn't work. Have to call customer service to get a reset that holds for a few hours, and the customer service people are pretty rude when you call. Figured I'd go ahead and cancel the card and write off the $10 to experience, cause if you can't even make a website work, you sure can't run a business. But now after reading these complaints I'll be worried all night about whether I can get my money or not. Sounds like these guys are straight con artists from what I'm reading.
    Looks like no sleep tonight.

• Sn
    SNIX95 Dec 28, 2010

NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! AND I'M 15 AND DID IT MYSEL[censored]
    Hello everyone,
    I have been using this card for a while now and it is actually quite good. All of the fees are quite low compared to the other companies as well. I have not run into any troubles activating this card and i am only 15. Did it by myself, no problems. You have to provide a drivers licence or passport and if you don't have them then you can you can submit a photo of your student card or something together with a statement or bill with both your name and address. Just follow the instructions. It's actually quite simple. When you first activate the card there is $0.00 because you haven't reloaded any money onto it. You have to buy a reload pack at a post office and reload is using the only1visa website or load2card.com. Your money should appear almost instantly on your account that you created while activating your card and you can begin purchasing goods, online and in store.

• Ph
    PhilthyM Dec 28, 2012

Well, this mob is now operating in Australia and they seem to have the same issues as described here two years ago. Fortunately I bought the cards but haven't loaded them up with money, so I think I had a lucky escape.

• Ke
    Ken Dogg Jan 03, 2013

Yeah their customer service sucks I think they out source their jobs too cause everytime ICall some picks up who can barely speak lEnglish

• Ab
    Abhay Bhagat Jul 19, 2016

Hi There,

We have received this card last year December, due to some personal problems forget to use it by the expiry date, 05/16.
    I would really appreciate if someone can kindly look into the matter and help to either arrange the refund of card value $100 or re-issue another card to us with the same value so that we can use it.

Regards