OnlineNIC.comOnlineNIC.com has zero customer service

No emails that work, a phone that's never answered, any time of day, mon-fri. A website that doesn;t allow communication, although it pretends to.

This is the onlinenic experience. Once you register a website

or domain name, you're toast. If you ever change your email, you're out of luck. If you ever change the admin you'll never be allowed to fix this issue because these people do NOT

communicate in any way, shape or form.

Am I truly the last American who answers his phone and returns emails? Seriously?

It's mind boggling how little service there is out there and how much these companies make doing a BAD JOB.

RIP OFF RIPOFF RIPOFF!

• Br
    Brian Painter Jan 08, 2008

Onlinenic.com not only has zero customer support, they will hijack your domain name. My domain name was transferred from onlinenic.com over 2 years ago and recently is now back in the hands of onlinenic.com without my consent or knowledge. I have been fighting to regain control of my domain name for a month now with no success.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ONLINENIC.COM.

• Bl
    b lee Feb 28, 2008

But ipowerweb is also to blame. I got a package -- site plus reg -- from them and they are totally useless to help resolve. add ipowerweb to the don't trust list

• Li
    Little Light Mar 30, 2009

I agree. I wanted to transfer to another domain registar but OnlineNic keeps denying the transfer. It's like I've lost the freedom and control over my domain. It's not fair.

• Kr
    krishN Apr 13, 2009

I am facing same problem in domain transfer out. should we go for ICANN?

• Do
    Domainer Apr 13, 2009

OnlineNIC is denying all transfers according to support, their system is broken (BS). They've been doing this to us over two weeks now. I guess ICANN is the only route we have to go on. I suggest we call contact them at the same time to impact resolution time. ICANN would act quicker if they know how widespread the transfer denials are.

• So
    soundview Apr 17, 2009

Domainer is right, contact ICANN right now and complain. OnelineNIC has been keeping my domain hostage by denying my attempts to transfer out since 4/1/09 and they have a history of doing this. They are forcing me to renew for another year just to keep my domain from expiring! Complain to ICANN and help revoke OnelineNIC's accreditation status.

• Cd
    cdanny Feb 18, 2010

I am having the same problem. My website is currently down and online nic will not answer the phone, return a call, or respond to email

JaguarXKR Jun 16, 2010

Seriously! ... People are trying to sell domains registered at onlineNIC.com through sedo.com and yet you cannot successfully transfer the domain once you purchase it! How is it that this type of "scam operation" could ever be an accredited ICANN registrar/reseller? Someone needs to sue the crap out of these con artists!

• Wo
    Woosh Dec 17, 2011

Been using them for 7 years and no problem so far... best priced domains as well.. I wonder where all those bad publicity comes from? I have 1 @ godaddy - they're ok if your buying in bulk, otherwise onlinenic is far better.