• Da
    damianb7 Nov 03, 2009

I agree. Lodged my tax and went to pay via paypal. Got an error on payment, though funds were cleared and now nobody will get back to me to advise if my tax has been processed or not!

Jodez87 Oct 31, 2009

I have been using TRA for 8 years now and have had no problems with them what so ever till this year. First of all after i completed my return, and expecting just over $1000 back i got a bill from the ATO saying I OWED them $80+ and a bill from TRA for $55 for lodging my return. i new this was wrong but could not get through to TRA or get any emails, faxes, or phones call answered. I contacted ATO directly and they informed me i need to complete a ammendment form and that it could take up to 3 months. I called them early October and was informed my payment had been sent to TRA on the 5th October 09 and i should be recieving it shortly along with my notice of assessment. I left it a week and got nothing. I contact TRA and after half and hour on hold i finally got to talk to someone. I was informed my payment would be in my account by then end of that week. I had not recieved anything by monday so i called back, even longer on hold and got told again, then end of the week. the following week i contacted them everyday being informed id have it the next day. I have been hung up on several times, put on hold and then hung up on several times and now it seems as tho they have my number on record as i dont get answered at all now, im on hold and hung up on everytime. I try from another number and as soon as i give my details im hung up on again. They have no rite to be holding my money. I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE AGAINST USING TAX RETURNS AUSTRALIA. The staff at ATO dont even have anything to say about them. I have lodged a complaint with the tax board and have to wait 14 days to see what happens.

• Ra
    Rachael 878 Oct 28, 2009

Hi stefanee and everyone,

I have had the same problem with trying to get my goverment money the 900 since the 30th of April. I have some good news for you all i have got a number that i have tried and it works, it is the mobile number of Kimberley Brown. The Austrlin Tax Office have given it to me. I suggest you try it and get back what is rightfuly yours. GOOD LUCK
    Kimberley [protected]

Jaymeister Oct 28, 2009

what stefanee from liverpool i think it was said is exactly what i did over the phone and the very next week my refund was in my bank. hope more people use this method rather than waiting for them to get back to you which we all know that probably wont happen. cheers

• Ta
    tax ripoff Oct 27, 2009

I have been waiting since November 2008 for my tax return from David Cole. I have not been able to contact him at all. He currently owes me over $1800. I need HELP. I don't know what to do. I have spoken to the ATO and then can't give me information due to privacy laws. Its ridiculous. It's my money!

I received $849 from the government bonus from him so i have no idea why he did not return my tax back. I can't believe people are this way.

How is he still in operation????? I thought it was just myself have issues with this lying s...

I can see what you have done stefanee and i am amazed. I wish i could contact him!! I wish this was over.

jakesmumma Oct 21, 2009

i have been waiting since 28th july for my refunf from ATR. i have called over 30 times and email atleast 10 times. i have just written a letter threatening them with court papers but have not recieved anything back yet. i am way past angry at ATR with their stupid hold music and that annoying girls voice!! i have always been on hold for minimum of 20 minutes and had different stories each time i call! NEVER do your return with ATR and i am really not keen about them having my bank details and private information. does anyone know how i can get them taken off their system? i really dont want to have to change my account. hopefully something will come out of this latest email to them.

• Hi
    hibiki Oct 04, 2009

Hi,

Geez, congratulations to you, and thats an huge effort well worth doing but I am going to struggle.
    I mean I have the same issue with them.
    In my case, I still haven't been able to get in touch with them by phone or had written them an e mail but have had no reply.
    However, what you have done is impressive and inspirational, I'm gonna have to try harder!
    Wish me good luck please,

Hibiki, from Goldcoast.

• Bi
    bibek acharya Sep 08, 2009

my name is bibek acharya, i have returned my country nepal 8 months ago, i was making enquiry to get my tax return back of the year 2009 but, i was told that my tax has been already lodged by someone else.i dont how that happened. i am really confused and in need of favor from someone who can help me out to get my tax back. i dont know the procedure. if someone can give me idea, he/she can send me email [email protected]
    thanx

Stefanee Aug 19, 2009

Hi Again,

Just wanted to add

When you call them, YOU NEED TO BE VERY AGGRESSIVE to show that you mean business!! Regardless of anything they have to say about it!

Please make sure that you speak to both David Cole and Jenna Coward to verbally inform them as well as emailing them your intentions. If for whatever reason you cannot speak to either of them today, then just leave a recorded message for them to call you back or make sure you take the name of the person who should be passing on your message to them.

Keep records of all your communication with them. Such as printing all email correspondence (The email that you send to David Cole through their website, you will have to print it before you actually submit it - you can enlarge the message box to make visible your whole message when you are ready to print it, by dragging the bottom left corner downwards)

It's a good day to take back what belongs to you!!

GOD BLESS & GOD SPEED!!!

Keep me posted!

Regards
    Stefanee

Stefanee Aug 19, 2009

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for replying. Just wanted to give you an update on what's been happening. On the 21st July 09 we called Tax Returns Australia and spoke to Jenna Coward (accountant / Lier) this is the person who I have spoken to the most in regards to this scandal and of whom I have the least respect for, due to the ongoing lies that she told me. My point is that, I informed her last week by phone and by email, that if my money is not in my account by 9am Friday morning- I will commence proceedings to issue your company Tax Returns Australia with a statement of claim for the amount of $900 + legal costs and let me assure you Jenna it will have your name on it, as well as Tax Returns Australia and David Cole (Head Consultant/ Accountant). This is not a threat! I Guarantee you! that if it is not there 9am Friday morning, at 9:30am I will commence legal proceedings against you and I will see you in court!! then hung up the phone. Well, who would have guessed it? The money was in my account on that Friday evening!! Lucky for them, I got really busy with other things that day and I couldnt start the proceedings!

Anyway this approach worked for me and Im sure it will work for you! I strongly suggest that you should threaten to commence legal proceedings against them, as it is only a cost of $35 to $40 to lodge a claim in the local court. The truth of the matter is that, They will be ordered to pay back the $900 as well as the court costs, not to mention the cost of a solicitor and travel expenses. Therefore realistically thinking, it will cost them thousands of dollars to hold on to your $900 and end up in court. Either way it wont cost you a cent!! They have to comply!!! So Good Luck!! Just give it to them!!!

I am still pursuing other means of justification to make sure that this company and it's wolves are shaken.

If their names are on the statement of claim then they have to appear in court
    DAVID COLE & JENNA COWARD

This is their registered name & address
    TRA TAX SERVICES PTY LTD
    (TAX RETURNS AUSTRALIA)

PO BOX 64
    BORONIA
    MELBOURNE
    VIC 1355

This is their email addresses

DAVID COLE
    email was sent through their website contact us section attentioned to DAVID COLE

JENNA COWARD
    [email protected]

This is a copy of the email I sent to Jenna Coward and David Cole. This may give you an idea of what to write, add or say.

Since 21st April this year I have had several conversations regarding my tax bonus. Each time I have spoken to your company about this issue I was told on many occasions many different reasons as to why I have not yet received it. In regards to the email I received from you on the 20th May 2009 you stated that I would need to contact my bank and talk to them about my old bank account, (an account I never had because I've only ever had one account) to see where the money is. You could not even give me the account number that it had supposedly gone into, saying that you could not give me that information.
    Since then and many more unsuccessful conversations regarding this issue, I have now been advised that the tax bonus money has been returned to your company in June 2009 and yet I still have not received this payment and have been told that "it is waiting to be sent out in the next batch of deposits" or "I have to get back to you" or "I have to speak to my Manager about it" or "yes I will definitely call you back!" and well and behold, was never never never never ever called back by anyone in your office and I have proof of every phone call I made from myself to your company regarding this issue.

It seems to me that the only real explanation for all of this delay is that Tax returns Australia have deposited my tax bonus money into another persons bank account and was unable to retrieve it! The fact of the matter is that Tax Returns Australia received my tax bonus and is responsible of ensuring that I receive it into my account regardless.

I am now informing you that if my tax bonus money is not deposited into my bank account with the account number ... & BSB number ..., by 9 AM FRIDAY 24th JULY 2009 I will commence proceedings at Liverpool local court Sydney NSW to issue your company Tax Returns Australia with a statement of claim for the amount of $900 + legal costs.

Make sure you give them your correct bank details. Good Luck & Please keep me posted!!!

Regards
    Stefanee

• Dk
    DKelly Aug 19, 2009

This all sounds too familiar, i'm having exactly the same problem with TRA. The useless customer service and endless excuses from young girls who have obviously been trained to lie. They have had my tax bonus for over 3 months now and refuse to pass it on, now i can't contact them at all. These ### must be making some serious interest from all the payments they are keeping from people, I think they definitely should have the book thrown at them. THIS IS FRAUD!

• Ni
    nicnac Aug 17, 2009

just wondering has anyone been to there office in Boronia and spoken to someone face to face to see if it gets a better result ????

• Ni
    nicnac Aug 17, 2009

i to have been waiting 3 months now for my stimulus payment, i 2 have found TRA impossible to contact and even when you get through you get some young girl on the other end who is obviously trained to lie.
    for the last 3 months i have been told it was
    * put into a wrong account
    *on its way
    * the australian taxation department still have it
    * we will call you back
    * it will be in your account next week etc.
    they are very professional...professional liars !!!
    The Australian taxation department have lodged 2 escalations for me, but i am starting to think i am chasing a lost cause. TRA should be shut down.

Octothorpe01 Aug 10, 2009

Tax Returns Australia is a division of Robert Brown & Co. (based in Melbourne). Please check this link http://www.wmcpr.com.au/RKB_RangesNews.pdf . Maybe they can help. [protected]. Same fax number [protected].

• Ev
    evneb87 Aug 10, 2009

Hello everybody..
    I am pretty disconcerned on what did happen to me.
    I spent nine months in australia with a working holiday visa..
    I applied for my tax return more than 2 months ago and two weeks ago (i am already back in italy NOW) I received a letter from the Australian Taxation office..

It was a "notice of assessment" written like this.:

-Your taxable income is 1266$
    -tax or taxable income A 367.14 DR
    -PAYG Withholding Credits E 281.14 CR (this is the amount of tax I paid!!)
    -Balance of this assessment L 86.10 DR

-Actual amount payable 86.10DR

and at the end there is a "Payment advice - 01"

-Amount due $86.10 /// Date due and payable 23 NOV 09

what a ### is this stuff... I do not get my tax back and (tell me if I am wrong) they are asking me to pay more tax!!??
    I can't understand... At the beginning i thought 86.10$ was the tax they were going to refund me... But I see now that they are asking for more money!!!

anybody knows what all this means.. ?..I am a girl from italy and I do not really know what to do from here...

thanks anyone for help!!
    Francesca

• Pt
    P.T Aug 10, 2009

I was told that I would be better off using the government etax program

• Pt
    P.T Aug 10, 2009

I have had issues with them too. I lodged my tax return with them on the 6/8/2009. I've had to cancel all my bank accounts and lodge a complaint with the ATO.
    Why has'nt this site been picked up by the government yet. I'm thinking of contacting the police.

• Pd
    PDG Aug 10, 2009

Its at the point of damn ridiculous... I am determined to get some results from them. They are holding a substantial amount of my money and to me it screams larceny...

I am in full agreeance with a previous post which states they are pursuing a civil claim. That is also my next step... Along with a complaint to the tax agents board...

I am also about to shoot off an email to a current affair. Hopefully they run with it too warn as many people as possible out there not to use this mob of incompetant, so called professional tax agents...

If i pulled any stunts similar to this in my employement i guarantee i wouldn't be employed for long!!!

• Fl
    fleur80 Aug 10, 2009

I have been using TRA for many years and found the online service quick and easy - until tax year 07-08! They received my refund in late june last year and did not credit my account until mid-October after countless unanswered emails phonecalls. I am yet to receive my notice of assessment.

According to the ATO, my tax bonus was paid into their account on the 9th of April this year. I have made countless phonecalls (again) and been given inconsistent advice each time - often very begrudgingly. On my latest call I was advised (by a surprisingly helpful person) that their system wasn't set up to deal with the number of returns they received last financial year as so they are still tied up processessing those payments. She claimed that once that was done, they would start processing all of the outstanding tax bonus payments. She refused to set any expectations around timeframes.

I am planning to escalate!

Octothorpe01 Aug 10, 2009

They answer phones from M-F 9:30am - 4:00pm (The most useless times ever). Any way the phone number I have used is [protected], they also have [protected]. Which is now not answering. They have a fax number as-well. I just read that according to the income tax assessments act 1936 - Section 161G - The tax agent should give the taxpayer a notice of assessment - a failure to do so is 30 Penalty units. (About $3, 000 per breach.)

They wouldn't want people to start complaining to the right people.

• Ab
    Abracadabra Aug 10, 2009

My partner lodged tax with tra over 2 months and hasn't received anything back. Ato says the money was sent out 3weeks ago but the name and address supplied to them was somebody elses, and it was a p.o box no. Anybody know how to get money back??
    Number supplied hangs up or is disconnected.
    And If so many people are having trouble with taxreturns australia..why does ato keep sending peoples tax returns too them???

• Pd
    PDG Aug 09, 2009

I too have been waiting now for over fifteen days since the ATO has issued the refund and NOA. i havent had the pleasure of actually getting through to anyone on the phone yet though.

I always get an automatic answering machine or it rings a few times then the hadset is picked up and placed back down...

Can anyone share the phone numbers they are using that actually get through to a human??? Even if i get told a crock of s*@t it will make me feel better to a least yell at them!!!

Octothorpe Aug 07, 2009

Absolutely useless on all fronts. No Support. No nothing. Every time I get a girl to say she will call me back...no one does. Same goes with email. The ATO has said they have sent the money and notice of assessment over 14 days ago. I have asked them to send me (not my agent ) another copy . (If this continues I intend to fax it directly to Tax Returns Australia). At every stage I have gotten through to talk to someone they have lied, always changing the story of why I have not received my refund yet. DONT USE TAX RETURNS AUSTRALIA.

Really NOT HAPPY.

NB: They also have the most annoying On Hold music and script.

5 calls to them so far the shortest time to answer (human person) has been 36min.

Additional note: It seems that they don't have a Customer Management System, A Dispute Resolution System.
    And scary thing is there really is no legislature that covers tax agents being a-holes.

I think there a lot of people having this same problem.

Please Add to these posts.

JohnSS Aug 06, 2009

Same here.
    I received an email stating my refund was transfeered to my account over 1 week ago.
    I followed up with a phone call 3 days ago, and was assured the funds had been transfeered and will take 24-48 hours to clear.
    It has now been over 72 hours and my refund still has not gone into my account.
    I have also been unable to access any of my previous year returns and their support is rediculus! i've been on hold for over 30min now and no answer!
    Not Happy!

• Dk
    DKelly Aug 04, 2009

I'm in the same boat, ATO paid the $900 bonus to Tax Returns Australia on 2nd June, more than two months ago. Customer service to resolve this issue has been disgraceful and now i can't contact them at all. I too am in the process of lodging a complaint through the Tax Agent Board.

Damon

• Co
    courts Aug 03, 2009

I also am experiencing the same problems as at 4pm 3/8/09

• Si
    Sitting in Sydney Jul 30, 2009

Hi Stefanee
    I have also been experiencing delays in receiving my Tax Return from Tax Returns Australia. Everytime I follow up on the status of my return, the girls on the phone give me a different answer. Days are passing which leads to a great concern that I may experience the same delay as you. I have called the ATO and they have assured me that the notice of assessment and money have been sent.
    Tax Returns Australia are also very hard to contact. Im hold for about 20 minutes each time I have called. I find the girls on the phone to be very rude and unhelpful when I query the status of my return. I have asked to speak to someone senior, to just be told "I dont have to do that".
    I hope we both get our return soon!

• Pe
    peedoffalan Jul 27, 2009

me too.they have my bonus payment and i even had to chase my tax return last year. but this is serious they seem to have done a runner with the cash.

Stefanee Jul 24, 2009

check out Yahoo Answers and do a search under questions and answers for "Tax Returns Australia" there are 2 other people who have not received their Tax Bonus Payments

• Ji
    Jim Jul 22, 2009

Tax Agent has had my one-off tax bonus in their bank account since 26th May 2009. Have constanly said they are banking into my account that week, and have not done so!!!It has been nearly eight weeks now!!!

Comment Guidelines