OneBill.comOnline scam

On 7/19/08, at about 6:30 pm, I was just cruising the web for (the Southern) Black Widow descriptions (the one with the three red dots.). Anyway, after printing the spider info, this rouge antivirus 'notified me' relentlessly that I had 2064 errors on my hard-drive and they should be removed immediately.

At that point, they made their sales 'pitch' (more like I was their hostage...) for their software to remove the so-called 'viruses'. Upon providing my credit card for the $49 purchase (my first mistake) the site indicated that I would have to obtain a 'software license'. This far into the deal, I reluctantly agreed. When I tried to download or obtain the 'license' password (that never came), I knew that I had been duped (three times)- once for $49, then for $35 and $38?

On 7/19/08, at about 11:30PM, I thought about what had just happened, got out of bed and called my credit card company. The representative, said that she would try to block the payment and would be able to do so if the company made demand for payment within 4 days. Otherwise, the little pecker-heads left me no other recourse except. Frustratingly, as I am writing this report; I am getting pop-up messages from some embedded file that I have 2191 viruses on my computer. You know, as practicing Christian, I really try to 'Live and Let Live', but this was (and is) one of the biggest rip-off 'Double-Whammys' I have seen (and I have been on the Web since the Internet Dark Ages (1991). Not only did they TRY to rip me off for bogus anti-virus/spyware software, they gave my machine a virus that I could not delete for the life of me. I am in favor of joining with other Plaintiffs and at least make them buy us all a new computer.

WHAT A GIGANTIC HASSLE!!! HELP!!

Any of you hot shot barristers that wish to pursue these 'Gentlemen', please feel to contact me. We would have enough evidence with credit card records e-mails and internal files to make a pretty solid case. I'd like see whether we can get treble damages and punitive. I'll bet a jury could empathize with our plight... THESE GUYS ARE EVIL!!!

• Di
    Dinesh Shah Jul 25, 2008

AntySpyware 2008 poped up and would not let me operate the compter unless I clicked yes. Prior to clicking yes, I turned of computer several times, try to run my nortan clean up, no matter what, AntiSpywear keep poping up.

After I clicked yes, they asked me to give credit card number and down load their softwear.
    I, there was no way to down load, 2, I called and just got a message, Three I e-mailed to cancell my subscription. They had infected the computer so bad that BEST BUY decided to replace it rather than remove the ANti Spywear virus.

They are still billing me. I am writing to FBI and my Credit card company.

• Su
    Sue Knoesen Jul 31, 2008

I've just realised that 3 anounts were charged to my check account by onebill.com. I definitely did not give authorization to them to deduct 3 amounts and would like it to be reversed. I am horrified at the number of complaints lodged against these people and will most definitely remove their 'spyware/virus protection' from my laptop as I don't trust it at all.

Chuck Payne Aug 08, 2008

I was duped the same way, i disputed the charges because i never authorized them, the box was below the check out screen, they are supposedly removing all charges, this has to be chalked up to not being able to trust somebody else, they need to be removed from all search engines and prosecuted.

• Br
    bruce parr Aug 10, 2008

caught with the same scenario - credit card charge in euros

• Valerie Aug 13, 2008

ONEBILL.com made unauthorized charges on my credit card. Beware people!

sachin ghorpade Aug 13, 2008

fgasdf

• He
    herbert houser Aug 18, 2008

I am being charged for things that I have never bought would like an explaination but the call box is full wonder why they need to clean up their act and be honest.

jacki strader Aug 19, 2008

I stand in line with the rest of you.Got duped for a virus/spyware remover on my credit card...My computer guy removed it and put in AVG (a free version) .My computer did the same thing as yours.Cost me 170 bucks to fix.I called Onebills .com...said they would send me an e-mailed copy of purchase, so that I could cancel virus -ridden, bogus scam.Never recieved it.Flippen liars!!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices