One Source Management&credit card repair scam

Stay away from these people. I paid $1000 for their help in contacting my credit card companies to reduce my husband's and mine raised finance fees, some of which are now at 28% and higher. They scam you by taking so long to make appointments and then saying you have to talk to another person weeks later, and after they don't help, they keep saying to talk with someone.

When I was contacted by them in August, they said they would save me $2500 by calling lenders to help reduce our fees. I received a letter and form from them dated July 1st, received July 8th, asking for the specific card numbers, lenders, amount owed and current payment schedules, which I sent them the 1st week of August.

I did not hear from them for weeks, so called, and was told "we're having trouble with our post office box; you'll need to call back another day." I called again, and then got an appointment for two weeks later, in September. I was then told that our credit was bad, and that they would suggest I speak to another specialist, who I had to wait another two weeks to speak with. He told me that I could close my accounts, but my credit scores would go down. I already knew this. He then said I would have to speak back to another financial consultant who he would send a message immediately to set up another appointment.

No calls again for several weeks; I finally called and got an appointment, That person told me that he would set me up with a payment plan so I could save the $2500. I received a spread sheet in the mail, which basically gives back to me what I gave them, and they said if we made those payments we would be all set by 2013.

I called to speak to someone to get a refund, since they did nothing that was promised. They told me that because we were late on some payments, they could do nothing for me base on our "contract" which they recorded and could read back to me. They said a consultant would call me back.

I got a call today from the consultant and he said that if I made the payments they suggested, (again the same exact thing I gave them regarding my payments)

I told them if they had done what they said they were going to do on a timely basis, we would have lesser finance charges, and would have been able to make those payments. I asked to be transferrred to a supervisor. They said that there were no supervisors in their call center, and I would have to call customer service. I refused to call again, and asked to be transferred to someone with higher authority. He said that it was my problem and they would not refund my money.

I asked again to be transferred, and he said, you have to hang up and call customer service. I told him that I still wanted to speak to his boss, and I could wait as long as it needed. I waited for 1 hr 35 minutes, and then was disconnected. I called customer service, and they said since my account is still active, I won't get my money back until I speak with another consultant. I told "cutstomer service" the problem, and they said I would have to speak with a financial consultant, not available for 3 weeks--the run around and big scam. Shame on me for getting caught!

• Lo
    love2learndream Nov 20, 2009

I was contacted by One Source Management by phone on June 29, 2009 and talked with Harrietta Jones & Jonathon #1664 customer service representative by phone. Both were guaranteeing me a savings of $2, 500 or a minimum $2, 000 savings on my credit debt upon completion of their credit debt savings program. I was skeptical and asked thorough questions about how this was accomplished. Harrietta recorded our conversation with my permission with the guaranteed savings of $2000 or full refund of my money back if their program did not save me an additional $2000 minimum on my credit debt. Well, I asked for the website and more information to research the company and any complaints they may or may not have. I was given the website address of onesourcemanagementonline.com and that this service to save me a guaranteed additional $2000 on my credit debt or full refund would be placed on my credit card for a one time fee of $998.95, with again a recorded phone guarantee of my full refund if One Source Management was not able to save me an additional $2000 in credit debt. I agreed to these terms and was mailed out a packet in 7-10 business days. I questioned this length of time to receive any documents and was told this is the process I had to go through. I received a packet of paperwork to fill out the terms sheet, personal profile, and financial profile...which, I quickly both faxed and mailed the documents to One Source Management. I was then called one month later to set up a phone interview with Jared. I was not able to talk with anyone, as the receptionists state they only set up appointments and do not answer any questions I may or may not have. I had to wait another 3 weeks to talk to Jared, a financial adviser. Jared then called me 3 weeks later. Jared asked me questions about my credit debt and what I needed or was able to do with my credit debt, we both mutually determined he was not able to help me save any money on my credit debt and that a full refund would need to take place. I agreed and understood. I then called the next morning to start the process of getting my full refund back from One Source Management as agreed in the terms. I was told and not asked to set up another appointment with another financial advisor, Ronnie, who would need to make that determination. I had to wait another three weeks to talk to this financial advisor. I was very upset at this point and wanted to talk with a manager. The receptionist would not allow this to happen and hung up the phone. I then looked up One Source on BBB website and discovered how many complaints were similar to mine. So, I called again to request my full refund as agreed in the guarantee of terms. I was told at this point that I had not completed One Source Managements program and that Jared was not correct in giving me his advice on receiving my full refund. I was told again that I would still need to wait 3 weeks for my appt with a financial advisor, Ronnie. So, I questioned again why I had to wait 3 weeks to talk to anyone or ask further questions about my purchase and agreement that was promised for the fee I paid. I was told that there was only 2 financial advisors and that I was not the only customer. I would need to wait for my appt and they hung up the phone on me again. I was contacted by Ronnie who then talked to me about how One Source may be able to help me pay down my credit debt in order to save me $2500 or a minimum of $2000. Though, by this time, it is now September and I am even more skeptical, but I wanted and needed to save money in order to pay down my credit debt. So, Ronnie asked me more questions on my finances and decided we needed to order all three credit reports to see if we could dispute or change anything on the reports. So, I was told by Ronnie that I would need to fill out permission documents letting One Source Management view and dispute any mistakes on my credit reports. I had to wait another 7-10 business days for this paperwork and order all 3 credit reports myself. Once I received this paperwork and the credit reports, I was to mail in the permission documents back to Ronnie and fax the full copies of all three credit reporting agencies. I paid over $60 to fax all three credit reports back to One Source and Ronnie. After another month passes, I receive in the mail that no changes are made to my credit reports because they are all 3 accurate. I called to make my appt. with Ronnie and waited another 2 weeks to talk with him. Ronnie then told me that a debt analysis would need to be done next to see if anything else would work for me. I received the debt analysis in the mail 3 weeks later and it was inaccurate, outdated, and did not show me anything different than what I am currently paying on my credit debt. No changes still. So, I call to schedule another appt. with Ronnie or request my full refund. I was told that I could not speak with Ronnie because of a personal emergency. So, I empathize and have just survived thyroid cancer myself from Feb. through August 2009. So, I knew what time frame any personal emergency would need. I asked how long could I expect to wait to talk with Ronnie, the receptionist told me it was a personal emergency and she was going to tell me. I said ok, so can I talk with anyone else? She stated no. I go no? Why? Ronnie is the person I was working with and would have to wait. So, I explained I understood about a personal emergency, but a time frame even if someone is going through cancer or even experiencing a death, would be able to give some kind of time frame of when I could expect a call back or any info at all...like two weeks or even 3 weeks at the latest. So, the receptionist ended up hanging the call up on me again. So, I decided to wait another day before calling One Source back again. I called and found out that Ronnie was not returning to work at all...raising tons of red flags. I was told that the only person left was Andrew who I could make an appt. with in 3 weeks again. Three weeks!!! So, I again waited for my appointment which was suppose to be on Novemeber 17, 2009 at 1:30pm. Andrew called at 1:45pm. I told Andrew that the debt analysis is both inaccurate because one large credit card was totally not in the analysis and the analysis did not show me any payment strategy that was diffferent than I currently and have been paying. So, no changes still and no additional savings of the minimum $2000 in credit debt savings. I requested my refund again and Andrew flatly stated no. I said that One Source Management has not fulfilled it's agreement to save me a guaranteed savings of $200o on my credit debt and that if Andrew was not going to fulfill the term agreements then the call needed to end at that time. I am now filing my complaint to see if WA State can help me receive my refund back and/or help warn other consumers about this fraudulent company.

• Ba
    barbie9163 Nov 20, 2009

you're right about complaining, you see on november 19, my husband checked his checking account and he's been robbed from this drikapersky.com website also. this person made several transactions which made the account top overdrawn, they took over 300.00 dollars from my husband the same day. i hope from my heart that the bank would find out who got this money, because this people is insane 100%.

• Sj
    sjensd Jan 19, 2010

Did you ever get your money back?

• Ya
    Yaldan53 May 09, 2010

This company is a scam. They called my sister (who is on the national do not call list) and scammed her for $1000 even though she signed nothing and they have a recorded message of their call to her(I think we have proof that they disregarded the FTC with this call and may face penalties). She never told them she agreed to the "help" that they were offering.

She never returned paperwork but they still charged her $1000.

She will now dispute the charge through her credit card company, report them the BBB, and report them to the FTC for cold calling someone who has been on the do not call list less than 5 years and more than 3months. I believe it can be up to a $1000 fine, and the company has proof on itself that they indeed called.

• Dd
    dddahl33 Jun 12, 2010

I too was scammed by this company promising to save me a minimum of $2000. I have been battleing with them since March 2009. I was sent back and forth from one person to another. Had talked to a Joanne to set up an appointment..they called me at home (Iwas at work). Talked with a Jessica Rios ID# 1979 to set up another appointment. Ronny called only to refer me to someone by the name of Branden. He gave me a repayment plan that was going to cost me more than what I was already paying. This form of action went on for over two months.
    Then I was give the name of Larry Mack (signed Larry Magowne)
    We talked several times, sent me paper work that needed to be returned within 48 hours along with a voided check. Filled out the paperwork. Was going to drop off at the address given since it would have been faster...only to find out that it was a PO box and the ELH Consulting office that I was to see was a closed end empty space. Was I ever glad I did that. Still out my $1000. Never again,