On-sell.netPossible SCAM

T Review updated:

This site is advertising on Craigslist selling various items such as fitness equipment and high end tools for 40-70% less than the lowest retail price you can find. When you respond to their Craigslist ad, you receive an email with a link to their site www.on-sell.net where you will find a very legitimate looking website that even has a Better Business logo with a link to a very real looking BBB accreditation report stating this business is accredited and in good standing with no complaints filed in 36 months. However, when you go directly through the BBB website, you will find a very different report rating this company with a "C" and states that the company is NOT accredited at all and has only been in business since March 2009 (the website says 2007) and they have not been able to verify their address in Garland, TX, which we looked up and found it was a warehouse with no actual office or even this company's name listed. In another search, we found the website registered to someone in Milwaukee, not anywhere in Texas. They post two phone numbers (a toll free and one with an area code not in TX) and both are answered by a voice mail with a digital voice recording that repeats itself over and over telling you to leave a message, yet it never gives you an opportunity to do so. The final proof came when I went to the checkout and saw that they are not accepting credit cards due to fraudulent activity (uh huh) and won't even take PayPal until you have made your first purchase. Instead, they will only accept GreenDot MoneyPak (if you are unfamiliar with this, do a search for it on Complaintsboard.) It was actually after reading everything about GreenDot on this site that I came to my conclusion about this company. Since I didn't go through with the transaction, I can not be absolutely sure that this company is in fact fraudulent, so I am only stating my opinion at this time and posting a warning based on the evidence I just shared because I would hate for anyone to lose their money to these people. It seems that a similar internet company, "Techquestdeal" was reported here and sounded all too similar to On-sell.net, including the required "GreenDot" payment, in which several people were scammed out of hundreds of dollars.

I hope this helps someone before they actually complete a transaction and then never receives what they paid for, but I fear it is just a matter of time before we see more complaints about this business.

• C
      Jun 19, 2009
    On-sell.net - Scam
    on-sell.net
    Texas
    on-sell.net

There was a complaint filed under Posted: 2009-06-17 by Texasmom about this being a possible scan and I believe it is. This company has been advertising all over the country on craigslist and when you inquire about a product for sale they lead you to their website which appears legit. Texas Mom was correct on everything she said. They say after you order that they will only accept Green Dot, but they will not accept Green Dot paid for credit cards which gives the consumer some protection. They only accept the $4.95 retail Green Dot purchase that from what I can see is like sending this company cash. After trying to place an order for two weeks and telling them I would only charge by Green Dot credit card, a person named Mike called me from what sounded like his basement. The call showed a Private Caller on my caller Id. When he called back he said his supervisor Sal would call right back. The supervisor never called back and they sent me an e-mail cancelling my order. Mike's number he called back on the second time was [protected] which is listed as a cell phone in New York. The company is supposed to be located in Texas. They say they have very limited supply all new in boxes, but on their web site they never run out of stock. Nothing matches up with this company and their prices are way to low on the websites.

• I
      Jun 29, 2009

So far in one week of trying to purchase an exercise machine, they do not respond with the shipping details.
    Sorry to say I actually paid them over $800.00 for a product I may never ever receive. I wish I had read this site prior to purchasing.

• N
      Jul 01, 2009

I wish I had checked this site out before sending them $775 for an exercise machine. They do not respond to my emails, and their phone numbers have been "temporarily disconnected". Guess I should have known better, with prices that low.

On-sell.net - tool box
    b ob turk
    675 will ayers rd.
    mt. airy
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

the first week in june i ordered a tool box . i had to pay for it by green dot money pak. they emailed me to say the order was to be shipped on june 10 2009. a later email said i would receive order on july 2 2009 but i have not. i tried to call two differnt phone numbers but did not get a answer, the machine said it was not in service at that time. i have tried to email then about 10 times but they will not correspond to them. this is just another scam .

Jul 09, 2009

i also sent over $450.00 for a tool box . but i also could not get them to answer phone or give me a carrier name who would deliver it. with low price of this tool box i should have check them out futher.

Jul 09, 2009

i agree with all complaints.

Jul 13, 2009

i sent a payment of $250.00 for a generator and never recieved it. i was scammed.

got ripped off for $250.00

• T
      Jul 13, 2009

I was skeptical early on because of the phone message, but I did get emails from them on my craigslist inquiring which read the following;

Crystal Dunn
    Sales Department
    On-Sell.net Discount Appliances and Fixtures
    Contact:
    [protected]@on-sell.net
    [protected]@on-sell.net
    Phones:[protected] & [protected]

I sent them $325 for a gas stove top and even received an invoice and notices by email that my order was 'processing' or 'shipping' and I should receive in '7-10 business days'. However, it is now 2-3 weeks past the expected receive date and I'm feeling I got scammed! I have sent multiple emails but with no response. The phone #'s are now 'temporarily disable' according the pre-recorded message. Anybody doing any further research into this? If so, please provide.
    Thanks!

• T
      Jul 21, 2009

I contacted GreenDot MoneyPak [protected]) and after a few calls found out that my MoneyPak went into an account of MPI (this is a debit card company). Angelina (x5505) at GreenDot suggested I contact MPI at [protected] and see if they can do anything (Angelina said if this were one of their accts they could do a 'chargeback' and recover the funds, but because MPI is a separate company she didn't know what MPI could/would do). I called [protected] and left a message (I called after 4PM pacific so it may have been after work hours). Also, Angelina at GreenDot mentioned she has informed MPI that transactions with ON-SELL could be fraud.

• M
      Jul 21, 2009

I also sent them $675 via Money Pak for an elliptical machine and received and invoice. I called the police department of Garland, Tx whose address is down the street from the below address from the BBB.
    The policeman I spoke to said he had not received any complaints about the company but is looking into it.

This the USA. We cannot let a company do this to its hard working citizens. How can we all get together & find this company & get our money back?

Name: On-sell.net
    Address: 4417 Forest Lane

Garland, TX 75042
    Website: On-sell.net
    Original Business Start Date: March 2009
    TOB Classification: Services (General)
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

Jul 28, 2009

I was screwed also. Sent them $360 for a refridge. Hope they get whats coming to them!

• A
      Aug 12, 2009

I told them I wanted to pick up my exercise machine in person at their warehouse in Garland or at any other location. They told me I had to pay for it ahead of time, that I couldn't pay on the spot and I could not see the machine first. Fortunately, I never sent them money. I also told them I had friends in the attorney generals office who were very interested in purchasing a lot of their products. They never responded. I really hope the people behind this scam get sent to prison for a long time. I strongly suggest to everyone that lost money to these scammers to contact their consumer frauds division of their State Attorney General's Office and file a formal complaint.

• M
      Nov 28, 2010

Thank you for this posting, I talked to them on the chat thing, and it all seems very scetchy. It says on their website that they are verified for paypal, but they said that they had bad experience with paypal and dont accept. BE AWARE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY, you can give me it instead and I will do something better with the money! haha