OfficeMax — max assurance
I purchased an HP OfficePro 8610 printer which did not even last 6 months. I went through Max Assurance where I purchased the protection and they sent me a "gift card" which is their name for it. I next went online to purchase the same printer which has been reduced to 99.99 from 199.99. I went through the process of purchasing it and came to the payment section. I entered in the "gift card" and it would not let me complete the purchase because it wanted a credit card. Apparently this printer is on "backorder" and I was told that you cannot use the "gift card" on any item that it backordered.
Translation is they want you to buy a replacement product at their full price so you use up the entire "gift card". This is bait and switch. I told them I will let people know about this fraudulent procedure online and also with the State of Illinois.
THIS IS A SCAM. NEVER WASTE YOUR MONEY ON MAX ASSURANCE AND TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO PURCHASES FROM OFFICE MAX OR DEPOT NOT TO PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. The only way to deal with this is to put them out of business.
More OfficeMax Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee)
- Office Depot - scam tech services
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance
- Office Depot - warranty service is awful
- Office Depot Store in Huntington Beach - CA - office depot services
- Office Depot - charged for order that we didn’t ask for
- Office Depot - laptop and service
- Office Depot - the worst experience with retail ever!