OfferWire Modem RebateNot honoring rebate for Time Warner modem

When I signed up as a new customer for Time Warner Online Internet Service, I was offered a "FREE" Atlanta Scientific Modem as part of my sign up deal. The modem cost 49.95 which I paid at the time of signing up. I was supposed to receive a rebate for the modem, from a company working together with TWC for the promotion - OfferWire which is a Bridgevine Company. I sent all of the required forms etc. to Offerwire to receive my rebate - which included a long list of things and in itself was a time consuming process.

I had already read reviews about Offerwire scamming people with these rebate offers, that's why I was extremely careful to read all of the fine print and provide all of the information they required for the rebate - I send everything in original - no copies. I was already expecting however that they would still think of a something notto honor the rebate agreement.

I signed up for my cable internet at the beginning of July 2009, I received a postcard from Offerwire on October 24, 2009 - informing me that they cannot send me the 49.95 rebate because I had not send them the "modem's UPC" in my rebate paperwork. OK I expected that this was a scam, but I did send them an original UPC which was a sticker that I attached to the form and pointed to it with a big marker arrow just so they don't "overlook" it. So basically they are not only denying me the rebate but are outright lying as for the reason they cannot honor the agreement. I'm outraged and disgusted by this company. I hope enough complaints pile up and someone takes up a class action lawsuit against them.

What a bunch of scammers!

• Rh
    Rhea_S Nov 10, 2009

Coaxed by the promise of rebates, Rhea took the Comcast high-speed internet plunge, but found it difficult to get her money, since Comcast had outsourced its rebates to a company called OfferWire.

She blogged about her difficulties in getting the rebate, having to go through a convoluted process, and sent us the link asking for help. She writes:

I ordered high-speed Internet service after putting it off for years (we were able to pick up a neighbor's signal). And as I had always feared, the process has been one enormous hassle after another. First I was told by Comcast that I could install my own service using their handy Self-Installation kit. I spent a few hours with wires, disks, a modem and a router, and no dice. Then I made an appointment to have the Comcast worker come in, and guess what. He told me I could never have installed it myself. There were multiple problems and old wiring and it took him - a very experienced technician - two hours to get the signal!

Then I went online to try to apply for the rebates the original operator promised me. Have you ever done this? It's through a company called OfferWire, which seems like a complete scam. There is no clear way to find the forms you need to fill out for the rebates. They make you register on the site and at every step along the way you are offered all manner of crap that they would like to see you spend your rebate money on. No, I want my cash. Then when I finally did reach the page where I select my rebates, the list of rules and regulations is staggering. This is a complete joke. I am pissed off. Frankly, Comcast accomplished what it had hoped for: I don't have the time or patience to collect the forms and information they demand in order for me to get my rebates, worth about $140. WHO ELSE HERE HAS TRIED TO CLAIM THEIR COMCAST REBATES AND HAS GONE THROUGH THIS?

Does anyone have tips on how to navigate OfferWire to get their Comcast cash?

• Ra
    Rajeev Jain1 Nov 24, 2009

Exactly the same problem the lady said she would escalate the matter and she tried to threaten me that I didn't read carefully - if she escalates and they don't find the number - "YOUR REBATE WILL BE CANCELED"".

I told her sorry mam, very sorry that I called you and wasted my time in the first place. I don't expect any money from you.

In case someone finds out how to deal with them. Please email me at [email protected], I might not check this post frequently.

Good to see that ur post is up in google.

For people thinking about getting things from OFFERWIRE (SCAMWIRE). Please refrain get yourself something from deals in bestbuy, CC, etc. If you need more details about these scammers. Please contact me at rajeejaATgmail

• Si
    Singh Singh Jun 16, 2010

I absolutely agree with the above complaint. Offer wire is a big time scam. Please avoid buying anything from them in future. I'm also looking for a place where I can lodge a complaint against them. Please guide me if any one knows about how to complain about offer wire scam.

• Si
    Singh Singh Jun 16, 2010

I just called them about my refund after order cancellation. The lady on the phone was so rude, she didn't agree with me and finally she just hanged the phone without saying anything and resolving my issue. What a bunch of cheaters. Beware of Offer Wire, everyone.

• Gu
    Guest1234567 Sep 16, 2010

They ask for a 2 month bill reflecting the service. But by the time we get the bill almost the 90 days that they say on the rebate gets over. They will not mention this when we first sign for the service. This is a big time fraud company. I hope somebody comes up with a law suit and that company should very soon run out of business.

• Da
    Dandydon Sep 24, 2010

My story would be just a repeat of everyone else's. They get your money upfront from the credit card company, then make you wait until it has cleared the card company (in my case 2 months of Roadrunner bills), and then deny your paperwork for whatever reason. I'm going to send them another claim, send also to my credit card company and may even send it to the postmaster general because the rebate went through the mail across state lines. Don't expect to get anywhere, but what the heck, it beats fishing...

• Bm
    bmy Jan 20, 2011

I had a similar terrible experience with OfferWire. I purchased a D-link Wirelss Router in July 2010, and sent in everything they asked for within the short window they gave you in order to receive the $40 rebate. But no rebate. When I called them the first time, they admit they got everything they needed. The second time I called, they managed to find an excuse to say that I needed to submit one more document (which was not in their rebate policy). Still I haven't seen the rebate check. This company is a total rip-off!

• I totally agree offerwire.com is full of scams in their rebates, I shop a lot online, did lots of rebates, never failed. Because I belong to the very careful person type. But now I got rejected in the offerwire rebates. I never saw any websites like offerwire, not list rebates clearly, lots of tricks to let customers make mistakes, then unable to get the rebate approved. I talked to two agents on the phone this afternoon, I told them, I have all the prove, like, email confirmation, screen copy, etc., I had better save my time not to talk to them, just go file a BBB complain plus dispute my credit card.

Do not use offerwire.com to get your comcast or whatever internet service, otherwise, you lose and wait bunch of time. Today on the phone, I said to them, I think there must lots of people unalbe to get the money back by their rebates, because offerwire.com is kind of a scammer!

• Ca
    carrotheadman Oct 19, 2011

OfferWire is ridiculous.

I suspected they would be difficult to deal with, so I scanned a copy of everything I sent to them for my records. They claim that my "Ubee" modem rebate ($79.95) cannot be fulfilled because I left off the order number. This is not true at all. It was/is on page 2 of the paper work I sent in from the invoice they emailed me when I purchased the device and internet service for Comcast, on of their affiliate partners.

I am going to file a complaint with BBB and also file a dispute with my bank.

• veromark1 Nov 03, 2011

I am an employee of Bridgevine. Offerwire is a website that we operate. If you are having a problem with your order please email me any information you may have and I'll personally look into this the issue and help get it resolved.

Mark Ballard
    [email protected]

• veromark1 Nov 03, 2011

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your rebate. I'm an employee of Bridgevine and may be able to get this issue resolved for you. Please email me your order confirmation number and any other information that you may have and I'll personally look into this matter for you.

Regards