Oak Post FurnitureBeware

In June 2004 I ordered a bookcase and TV stand from Oak Post Furniture in Laurel, MD. When I called to track the order six weeks later, I was told the manufacturer had not delivered and I would have to wait until mid-November.

I just tried to reach Oak Post in Laurel and there was no answer. I continued to try calling all the other stores in Maryland and Virginia to find that all the numbers were no longer in service. Apparently they have gone out of business. I have paid them $345 which I suppose I must consider lost.

The lesson here is not to prepay for orders and to leave as little as possible deposit. Whomever is reading this please be warned.