NYC HANDYMANRIP OFF MONEY

C

I contacted this company for various projects in my apartment. The alleged owner, Christopher Purnell came to my apt. and explained his business model. In short, he charges for his estimates. As he explaines it "it seperates the wheat from the chaff" as far as serious customers are concerned. I should have known then this guy was trouble. Absurdely, i paid the $75 fee which was to be taken off the cost of the completed job if it was done by Chris Purnell. He was to contact me with a complete estimate and some computer generated layouts or ideas on improvements i had inquired about. All sounded great thus far LOL. A week past and i susupected i had been scammed since i had not heard back from Chris. A dozen phone calls later and i have given up. Complants are being filed. This guy is a scammer. This company also goes by the name of EZ FURNITURE ASSEMBLY.

• Fr
    fredbarnes Sep 07, 2009

I have had great experience in nyc with Speedyfixit handyman. He's been honest, fair, on time, and fully capable. I highly recommend Speedyfixit for handyman work in nyc.

• Om
    Omaree Apr 02, 2011

In short, he charges for his estimates. As he explains it “it separates the wheat from the chaff” as far as serious customers are concerned. I should have known then this guy was trouble. Absurdly, i paid the $75 fee which was to be taken off the cost of the completed job if it was done by Chris Purnell.

He was to contact me with a complete estimate and some computer generated layouts or ideas on improvements i had inquired about. All sounded great thus far LOL. A week past and i suspected i had been scammed since i had not heard back from Chris.

A dozen phone calls later and i have given up. Complaints are being filed. This guy is a scammer.

This company also goes by the name of Ez Furniture Assembly.

• So
    Southp Aug 10, 2011

I have had great experience as well in nyc with Dailyhandyman.com..they were both affordable and reliable..

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices