NuAge ResveratrolFraud

I saw an ad for a weight loss product on line called NuAge Resveratrol that offered a trial size bottle of product at no cost except shipping charges of $4.95. I gave my Mastercard number and received the product.

My doctor said it was not safe for me to take it so I never opened the bottle or ordered more. I did not know I had been charged until I received my Master Card bill with charges of $4.95 and also $89.67.

I called Master Card and said I had not ordered product and found I also had another charge of $89.67 on the next months bill - they said I needed to call the company. I did so and was told it was said in the fine print that I needed to call and cancel within 14 days of original contact or I would be charged. I subsequently received another bottle in the mail after that.,

i left package in my mailbox for a week but company said I could not refuse the mail delivery.

I'm writing my Senator and Representative to ask them to take action against this fraud that takes advantage of low income seniors.

• C
      Jul 29, 2009

I ordered the Reservatrol online and used my bank card to pay for shipping and handling fees for this "Free Trail Sample". I received the product and thought everything was fine. I then get notification from my bank today informing me of some charges to my account. When I called in, I find that I am being charged $89.67 by NuAge Reservatrol. I called NuAge Labs (they do give you this number when you receieve your confirmation email) and speak with Kris (ID # 126106) and was told that I had 14 days from the date of my order to cancel (this was no where to be found on the website) and that I had missed it by 1 day. I told Kris that that was not mentioned in their website. Once I said this, she immediately went into a scripted statement about where I should have seen this information (I went there while we spoke and it was hidden very well). I told her that I wanted to log a complaint with the corporate office. She told me that there was no way that I could reach this office and that she would submit a complaint on my behalf (yeah, right!). I called my bank and asked for their advice. The stated that I could file a dispute and that I should return the product. Funny, they don't give you that information in their shipping package!

I am filling a complaint with the BBB immediately! Lesson learned, there is no such thing as a "Trial Sample". And as long as people don't complain, these thieves will continue to rob the American public blind!

• S
      Aug 21, 2009

i strongly disagree, ,
    every consumer has its responsibility to check for
    the Terms and Conditions first before signing up..

• M
      Nov 30, 2009

!!! this is fraud!!!
    they say that its only shipping and handling but they charge you with the full price which is $89.67 this is bull crap..

• M
      Nov 30, 2009

the good thing is that i found out about it and i have my 14 days so at least ill get my money back or lets see what there going to say now.

• U
      Dec 24, 2009

fraud my bank did nothing for me i never used the product and never saw the small print and was charged $89.76!! I am filing with the BBB and my Attorney General!

• L
      Jan 16, 2010

I bought my stuff from a POP UP and it did not say that they would be sending me more it was for a free sample only. When they sent the product there was no information in only a packing slip. This is fraud. I am going to file a complaint with The Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affaires. I am going to put it on Face book and anyone else that wants to know about this companies business pratices. L. Reese

• R
      Jan 20, 2010
    NuAge Reservatrol - Free trial
    Nuage Labs LLC

I ordered a free trial off the internet. I only had to pay shipping and handling. Nowhere on the website did I read anything about being put on an automatic mailing list or having so many days to cancel. My bank informed me that my account had been charged $89.67 for this free sample. The bottle has no number to call only a web address. Everybody please be fore warned about this company and their shady dealings.