NTB / National Tire & Battery / tire installation and oil change.

1 Beaver Valley Mall Blvd. Monaca, PA 15061-2315, United States

156 Wolfe Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

I purcahsed the tires from "TIRERACK", because I was told that NTB did not handle the style and type of tire that our car required. I had the last tires that I bought the same way and had NTB install them also. No problems at that time.

Several issues where caused by the skilled labor at this time:
1. Tires didn't have the correct tire pressure in the tires, one would think that since you are the experts we would not have to correct the tire pressure after we left. The tire pressure was 44 PSI on all four tires. VW reuires 39 PSI on the front tires, 46 PSI on the rear tires. So you were wrong all the way around.
2. I made an appointment for 0800; car was not taken in until 0820. It took almost 3 hours for an oil change and tires installed. I left around 1100.
3. The cost of the oil change was almost twice the price that was quoted to me. The manager said it was because the lady on the phone was just an answering service and she didn't know what she was doing. Interesting!
4. The techinican took the wrong filter off in the first place (collant filter). The manager never told me that, he just said the a very strong man put the last oil filter on and it was extremely hard to remove. Anothe costomer told me that the technician took off the wrong filter. I asked the technicain and he said that he did.
While driving down the road our tire inflation alarm went off and our low collant light went on. I had to add 1/2 gallon of deminerilzed water so that we could continue to our scheduled event. VW require a mixture of deminerilized water and G13 G12 mixture. Not sure if the attendant added anything. I hope not. I am not happy, now I have to have the car flushed.
5. It is not good business practice to with hold information about why it took so long to service one's car. I take that as lying to me.

NTB / National Tire & Battery

• Updated by Woodeye, Feb 20, 2019

Advice, use spell check prior to hitting send...

I purchased the tires from "TIRERACK", because I was told that NTB did not handle the style and type of tire that our car required. I had the last tires that I bought the same way and had NTB install them also. No problems at that time.

Several issues where caused by the skilled labor at this time:
    1. Tires didn't have the correct tire pressure in the tires, one would think that since you are the experts we would not have to correct the tire pressure after we left. The tire pressure was 44 PSI on all four tires. VW requires 39 PSI on the front tires, 46 PSI on the rear tires. So you were wrong all the way around.
    4. The technician took the wrong filter off in the first place (coolant filter). The manager never told me that, he just said the a very strong man put the last oil filter on and it was extremely hard to remove. Another customer told me that the technician took off the wrong filter. I asked the technician and he said that he did.
    While driving down the road our tire inflation alarm went off and our low coolant light went on. I had to add 1/2 gallon of demineralized water so that we could continue to our scheduled event. VW require a mixture of demineralized water and G13 G12 mixture. Not sure if the attendant added anything. I hope not. I am not happy, now I have to have the car flushed.
    5. It is not good business practice to withhold information about why it took so long to service one's car. I take that as lying to me.

Wo