NTB # 709Mechanics and Mo Tipps

Car wouldn't start - took to NTB. They kept it most of the day, called and said I needed a new battery and a new alternator. I had never had a problem with either before. I asked the price - they said approx. $536.00. I questioned the price, they actually came back with a higher price of $883.00 - this is not a typo - $883.00. I showed up at the store unannounced and told them to put back on any parts removed I was taking my business elsewhere. Then and only then did they finally decide to tell me, my alternator was not really bad, they made a mistake... They knew at that point that when I went somewhere else I would find out there was nothing wrong with my alternator. I took my car elsewhere the problem was diagnosed (needed a battery) in 5 mins and fixed in 20 mins at a cost of $76.91. NTB fully intended to cheat me out of over $800.00.