North American Publishers ServiceRip-Off

D

Beware of this company and its affiliates!! It all started when some kids were selling magazine subscriptions. Innocent enough (but overpriced). Months later I get a call saying they will start delivering the magazine, and would I like some other services. The answer was no! Then 6 months later they call and persuade my wife to get a magazine at a good price. They send a "contract" that has 3 magazines with payments for 7 months (implying they will take the money out of our checking account which they had on file)!! To add insult to injury, we also received a "membership" to United Benefit Advantage which she never ordered!

Needless to say we cancelled both the same day. Here are the numbers:
North American Publishers Service, Inc. [protected]
United Benefits Advantage [protected]

*Don't forget to ask to be on their do not call list!!

They seem to connected because our cancellation numbers were similar and the operator seemed to already know that we cancelled with the other service! Really spooky!

They haven't taken any money, but I am watching my checking account like a hawk and will probably have to change it anyway. Other people have had their accounts drained. BTW North American Publishers Service seems to have a good rating from the BBB, but United Benefits Advantage has an F rating.

• Ju
    JulianneH Aug 31, 2009

We are one of the families asked to sell magazines for one of these programs last year for our school. Several of the magazines ordered by relatives and neighbors had still not arrived 6 months later, including one for my own child. The company had to be called repeatedly before the subscriptions started, although I noticed we were harrassed by the magazine companies about renewing RIGHT on schedule. This year my children will not be participating in the magazine sales at all, I will write a check for $50 directly to the school instead and they can spend their time on more productive activities.

• Su
    susannethomas Oct 01, 2009

You say that UBA has an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. Can you provide me with additional information about UBA? I would LOVE to report them to the BBB, as my son has been entrapped by their scam. Without a physical address, however, I am unsure how to proceed with reporting them to the BBB.

Thanks for your help,
    JD

• Ds
    Dsmitties Feb 16, 2011

I think you people are just ignorant honestly... you can opt out of the deal anytime and if you do call the company they will remedy any situation. Now as far as your broken pride eat a hot bullet or try educating yourself on the english language, maybe when they ask for the "yes is that all clear" you tell them the truth. I do believe that your slander in regards to this company is totally unwarented. I've been doing buisness with them for years, have saved alot of money doing so and have never had a problem that they did not fix. Now as far as the "evil" "insideous" nature of marketing: You're in america thus you are a part of it look in the mirror. Or take away the wifes phone.

• Ds
    Dsmitties Feb 16, 2011

In regards to North American Publishers Servive company my magazines came on time and it was alot cheaper than buying them at the store. Plus there customer service is excellent and I can switch out magazines for free. I did use my united benefit advantage several times and it practically paid for itself so maybe you should try calling them if your not happy or you could kill yourself(suck on a tail pipe, hang yourself, jump from a very high roof top, cut your wrists, swallow a bottle of perscription pills, take all of those magazines you don't read and make a camp fire in your living room; make sure to drench yourself and the kids in gasoline so you dumb little [censor]s can't reproduce)Maybe if you tried reading the magazines and arming yourself with knowledge against the tyrranical forces of eeeeevil little telemarketers you would'nt be such an easy target.

• Cb
    CBestwick Sep 06, 2016

My family's experience has been tortuous, at best. My daughter did not remember saying, "Yes, " to magazines and has repeatedly told the company to cancel any and all subscriptions. Two years later, she has a $300 outstanding balance, 10 different magazines coming to her (none of which she would have bought at the store). I keep passing them on to the library. Recently, she was called from a local number, they called the house (my phone number and address - not hers). Caller ID said Service Center of NA. She repeated she did not want (and never has) any magazines, and told them ( for the umpteenth time) to cancel and stop sending them. A week later she was called on an old cell # to see if she wanted to "renew or be removed"! Since she had that conversation so recently, I was extremely aggravated (and feeling like it was harassment). I asked for the name (which they provided) and address of the company and they hung up on me! My daughter called them back, asking for a supervisor and was hung up on. They called her back, as if it was still the question of 'renew or remove'! When she asked for a name and address, AGAIN, hung up on. I am finding no way to find the company or confirm their existence!

• Ke
    kennethblackstock Oct 17, 2016

! Report Spam
    CBestwick u can block them from the c card.