Norfolk Financial Corp.Help

Norfolk Financial Corp had a judgement against me, two weeks before christmas they took my car. They then held my car for over four weeks, (by law they have 14 days to sell)
they got $1000. for my 2001 dodge with 31000. miles on it!! I begged them for a payment arrangement I was told no. The 1000. went to storage for my car (because they didn't sell it in time!) and to the constable for serving me. Not one red cent went to the car!
Is it legal for them to hold my car, charge me the fees and then chase me for the rest of the money!! They got my car, what more do they want!! I have three kids on my own and cant afford to buy another car!! Please help!!!