Nikon Coolpx S210lens error - poor service

B Review updated:

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix S210 for my daughter after researching it in the CONSUMER GUIDE, and getting rave reviews. The first time she used it the camera showed Lens Error and was inoperable. The camera is keep in it's case and is in immaculate condition, never dropped or scratched. The camera was sent in for warranty repair and they tried to charge me $87. I finally convinced them that the camera was still under warranty and sent proof of purchase. The camera has been in for repair for over 1 1/2 months and the repair status is Parts Hold. I cannot reach them when calling the repair line for over 1 week. I have been on hold for over 30 minutes each attemped call and cannot get through. I would be happy if they just refund my money and I will buy another camera- just not a Nikon !!!

• J
      Oct 28, 2009

Hi
    I think SONY is better than Nikon, recently i had purchased a Nikon S230 insted of a sony W230. I thought Nikon would be better than SONY, but I was wrong the Images from Nikon S230 is very very very bad, the images looks like as if they were taken from a VGA Camera. I complained the same to Nikon they replied back saying that " I dont know how to take photos". The Auto scene selection mode is totally useless. I think we need to go for SONY insted of Nikon, now even sony has come up with DSLR Cameras.