Nikecolin kaepernick telling nike to remove betsy ross shoe

J Jul 02, 2019 Review updated:

How dare Colin Kakernak have any rights telling Nike to remove the Betsy Ross shoe from your company with the American Flag on it??? He is such a disgraceful Human Being and I use that term loosley when I speak of him. My Husband is a proud Navy Vet who fought for this country and would have worn them proudly. Don't listen to his garbage.

Joanne Graziosi
Everett, MA

• D
      Jul 02, 2019

I second this as well, as a 20+ year military veteran I find this insulting the disrespect shown over the political whims versus the reality of the price (blood and treasure) paid by my brothers and sisters in uniform, all I can do is vote with my wallet and purge my household of ALL nike products, you're no longer welcome here, and perhaps you're only showing your true colors, if so you should pull up your tent stakes and relocate the rest of your business to your "other" home in the ROC that would be apropos - betting other military veterans, first-responders and those who still love this country feel betrayed. So, nike, Goodbye and Good Riddance...

• L
      Jul 02, 2019

amen you said it all, gonna tell all my family and friends never buy Nike again

• J
      Jul 02, 2019

As a like long Nike wearer I am ashamed that an American company has folded to the cries of one man. I will never buy Nike's again. I have taken anything with the Nike logo out of our home you have lost 6 customers. I hope Kapernick is worth it to you cause he isn't to alot of America

• B
      Jul 02, 2019

When an American company is afraid to use the image of our National flag on it's products, we are all in trouble. Does this also mean you'll be taking down the U.S. flag at your corporate headquarters? I am a veteran, and still act with my local American Legion post to provide final honors for veterans. These honors ALWAYS include a U.S. flag, regardless of whom is being honored. There is a symbol that I've just become embarrassed to wear, but it isn't "Old Glory", it's the NIKE swoose. I will NEVER spent another penny on NIKE products.

Robert Cairns
    Canton, Ohio

•   Jul 02, 2019

The company made a horrible, insulting move by not selling the shoes. Their choice was anger the black community or the military community.

• B
      Jul 03, 2019

The Betsy Ross flag is a symbol of freedom and patriotism. It was not a symbol of racism. People who believe that are fools. It was the freedom won under the Betsy Ross flag that led to the freedom of the slaves. Plus, The bigots who claim the flag is racist are uninformed. Many blacks were freemen and even served in the revolutionary army.

For Nike to hire the traitor Kaepernick in the first place was a foolish mistake. To with draw the Betsy Ross flag shoe is even more outrageous.

Never again Nike for me!

Bob Rusk

Wichita, KS.

• C
      Jul 15, 2019

I also will boycott Nike over this issue -- and convince as many of my friends and colleagues to do the same.
    Charles Seymour
    Walnut Creek, CA.

•   Jul 15, 2019

@Charles Seymour The issue has quieted down but I’ll never forget how they dissed our military community. I’d rather wear Walmart sneakers than Nike.