New Lighting DirectFalse Advertising

I am currently having major problems with this company who took my money up front then delivered the item some 3 months later which was not the item I actually ordered. I am now having lots of trouble getting the light collected and my money refunded. As the other complaint suggests this company falsely advertises:-

•Fast Free UK Delivery*
•Dependable Service*
•No Quibble Returns*

This could not be further from the truth!

I would strongly recommend other consumers not to use this company based on my experience.

• Li
    lightingexpert Sep 26, 2010

I would like to quickly state that www.newlightingdrect.com is NOT the same company as www.lightingdirect.com. The first is UK based company and the second is US.

David Acaster Apr 13, 2010

I have received a full refund courtesy of American Express, to whom I'm very grateful (paypal declined to help me). Although the money is useful, its far more important to know that I haven't given money to this company.

Nothing they have done has given me the slightest impression they intended to either supply me with goods or arrange a refund themselves.

American Express have been great.

• Mr
    Mr Goldsmith Mar 30, 2010

I suppose not - did anyone get a refund?

• Le
    Leaka Mar 30, 2010

Surprise Surprise. Did you expect anything else...

• Mr
    Mr Goldsmith Mar 30, 2010

Please note that as of todays date I am still awaiting the £111.70 refund which I paid for on the 24 October 2009 but instead have received the email below.

Dear Sir/Madam

It is with great regret we must write to inform you the New Furniture Direct Ltd. has ceased trading as from 23/03/2010 due to circumstances beyond our control. With regards to your payment we recommend you contact your card issuing company and they will assist you in obtaining a refund on any monies paid under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the chargeback scheme.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or distress this may have caused

Yours sincerely
    New Furniture Direct Ltd.

• Ro
    Rob Billson Mar 29, 2010

Oh and 'newlightingdirectadministrator ' if any of the above is incorrect please do fill us all in on the gaps.
    ..I will also happily give you my phone number and address to contact me

I unlike you do not represent a faceless spineless company

• Ro
    Rob Billson Mar 29, 2010

Right
    I just came across this website after looking into this a bit more and I am in exactly the same position following a failed order and delivery from January. Order of around £200.00. I don’t think they should be able to get away with this and seeing as the legal and compensation channels seem to be a waste of time for people like me who used a debit not a credit card.

I found out that Mark Lloyd used to own a company (high street trade) in Sunderland that fell into administration 207 due to completely ripping off people. Bankrupt but still not satisfied he wasnt yet the biggest tool in England he set up New lighting and New furniture ltd. He had to remove all his involvement from the company and used Diane Bernard as the director. I genuinely believe her to be fairly innocent in all this and the unfortunate name above the door, or not, who knows, I will find out. If she is then she will be subjected to the same treatment as Mark

I too am a business owner an feel so annoyed that people are like this out there trading…and probably will be free to trade like this again.

Please keep checking back

Rob

• Un
    unhappy01 Mar 24, 2010

Lighting Direct works really quickly when it comes to a sale, and taking money from my account..but it took well over a month for them to process a return and refund. For this reason I will NEVER do business with this company again. It is so sad too, because at first I had high hopes that company would be as credible as their sales pitch. What a disappointment!!!

• Pa
    Paul Pav Mar 18, 2010

CROOKS. The only way to describe new lighting direct. I am going to commence legal action tomorrow as well as getting in touch with the police fraud squad. If only I lived near Darlington...

David Acaster Mar 11, 2010

Since I posted two days ago no refund has reached my account.

I emailed NLD two days ago without receiving a reply - the first time this has happened.

I am now pursuing a refund via paypal and AmEx.

My experience of trying to shop with NLD has been very frustrating and a huge waste of my time.

• Devon71 you should check your information before you post a liable comment, New Furniture Direct Ltd 6427251 has not been struck off please check companies house

the company you are refering to in your post is a dormant company that has never traded.

• De
    devon71 Mar 11, 2010

Ordered lighting end Nov. 2009. Asked for refund 5th Feb 2010. No refund given yet, no reply either. Checked Companies Register only to find they are being struck off. This appeared in the official gov.uk. gazette 9th March 2010. They are being wound up. The director is the same as listed for New Furniture Direct.

David Acaster Mar 09, 2010

Oh my. I wish I had gone on this page before ordering some lights just before Christmas. I've had very prompt email replies to my enquiries, but no lights.

29 days after cancelling my order I've had no refund and will start proceedings to recover my money tomorrow if I don't receive it. (If I do, I'll post on this site to say I have.)

Truly disgraceful.

• Le
    Leaka Mar 01, 2010

I too am waiting for a full refund for a light fitting which I order on November 16th 2009. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I wonder how much of customers money they have in their possesion for orders not forfilled. The latest contact from them promised a refund in 5 working days, blaming the delay on an error made by the card company.. Still waiting

• Ki
    Kim Allen Feb 25, 2010

I can hardly believe the amount of complaints I have read today. Totally the worst service ever!! I too ordered 2 wall lights 5 wks ago and now realise that I'm not going to receive them. I have asked for a refund and I will be reporting them ASAP to Trading Standards and I'll do what ever it takes to get them prosecuted. They are a disgrace and should be closed down immediatley. And to think that people are still ordering every day giving them more money makes my blood boil!!

• Wa
    Waitinggame Feb 25, 2010

This company are a bunch of scammers, they took my money on 13th December 2009, I am still waiting for the goods, even though I've emailed 4 times, I've only had one response which was 1st Feb and that was to say the goods were on order from the manufacturer, I have now asked for a refund and surprise surprise they haven't replied to that email request yet, the credit card company I used are now investigating as are trading standards, companies like this should not be allowed to trade

No lights.com Feb 24, 2010

Sorry ordered in December 09 - nerly 3 months ago!!

No lights.com Feb 24, 2010

I ordered 2 wall lights and am still waiting? I have had no refund or any contact - rubbish service!!!

• This is incorrect we arranged the collection within 24 hours as the manufacturers had change the spec height only. When we attempted to collect it was not ready, we then arrange a second collection for the following Monday. At no time did we refuse to collect or refund.