Netflixunauthorized user access

On 8/11/2019 at 10:45 pm, I received an email from Netflix that there was a new sign in to my account. Within seconds my account was compromised and the hacker from ANOTHER COUNTRY changed the email associated with my account. When contacting costumer service today, 8/12/2019, they were not able to assist with retrieving my account, because I did not have the last 8 digits of the card on file. I only had the last 4. They refused to escalate to a supervisor and would not just revert my account back to the old email. I cancelled my account and lost almost 10 years of shows, because of this situation. Why is it so easy for someone to hack an "encrypted" account, but its so hard to get whats yours back?

Will not be joining Netflix again after this.

Ml
Aug 12, 2019

Comments

• Cw
      Aug 14, 2019

It's not hard getting your account back, you just need to prove you're the owner by providing the last 8 digits.

• Ml
      Aug 15, 2019

@cwtpc right... and i didn’t have that, only the last 4... as i wrote in my initial complaint.

Aug 19, 2019

@mlpita Your question was "why is it so hard to get what's yours back?" - they'll be happy to fix it for you if you provide the details required for account verification. You wouldn't want them to just take a random caller's word for it when they ring up saying they're the owner with no proof and asking to change account details, would you?

• Ml
      Aug 19, 2019

@cwtpc why is it so easy for an encrypted account to get hacked is the first question. with all the bad press FB has gotten, you’d think other companies would take initiative and prevent the same thing from happening to them and their customers. my account was hacked in less than a minute. what does that tell you about their protection?

Aug 21, 2019

@mlpita So did you get your account back?