Netcom3Scam!

Beverly Hills
CA 90210
Netcom3

Scam and cheating!

Upon a web search for a hard drive cleaner software I came upon a 'Consumers Report' site claiming Netcon3 was a 'best buy'. I logged on to the site, followed the instruction and entered my credit card info. I had a virtually identical experience with Netcom3 except that in my case I got a log on code and downloaded the software. It appears to be incapable of removing anything from the computer, and they do not respond to technical support requests...

• De
    Derrickie May 27, 2010

Mine worked great. I will admit the login I was given initially was incorrect but they gave me the new user name and login. And it cleans every computer i use it on.

• Ms
    mszw98 Sep 03, 2009

I downloaded this cleaning software only for my computer to go even slower then before. I continually got charged monthly for something that did not even work. My cpu finally shut down and had to get another one. Just today looking at my bank statement here again I am charged for something on my shutdown cpu. I noticed a phone number for the first time [protected]. I got the subcription as salesperson called it cancelled. I have mailed and mailed with no response and here now is a working number!

• Lo
    Lonney Jul 22, 2009

What's really messed up is that Netcom3 has a "product review" video on YouTube. But it's pretty much just an advertisement for this illegitimate product.

Check it out:

The ratings for the video have been disabled and comments must be approved before being posted. Hmmmm . . . I wonder why?

These people are crooks and I just don't understand why our government isn't cracking down on these scam artists!

• St
    STEVE Apr 25, 2009

UNTILL I FOUND ALL THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT NETCOM3 I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE THESE SAME PROBLEMS . ALL THE PREVIOUS COMENTS ARE TRUE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED . PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT !!! STEVE

• Br
    brogs Feb 20, 2009

I d/loaded the Crap a few months ago, like others I was fooled by the amount of Malware they supposedly found, but then I ran SPYBOT the free software and it told me that Netcom3 is Malware so I removed it with SPYBOT, that will shift it, no problem
    Brogs

• St
    steven stein Oct 31, 2008

i paid for an online reg cleaner and when it got to the part to get the key code so i can use the screen says error so i sent email to company 6 days later i still don't have the code and they don't respond to any other emails i send to them

• Pi
    Piet de Bekker Oct 21, 2008

All the effort to contact Netcom3 results in ZERO reactions.
    The only reaction is from their automailer.

After that I have sent a FAX to Clickbank [protected]) .

PERFECT!!!

I got a refund of the past 2 months and all the payments stopped.

Clickbank has a special page to stop the payments (http://www.clickbank.com/csinquiry.html)

• Br
    Brandie Oct 20, 2008

Netcom 3 is a RIP OFF!!! If you sign up for it you are basically paying for someone to destroy your computer. I received false pop-ups leading me to believe that my computer was under attack by a virus and that my computer didn't have good enough programs to remove the virus and so I followed the instructions to buying one which led me straight to Netcom 3. I tried to cancel service and no response so I had to call my credit card and stop payment.

• Fe
    Fernando Galvan Oct 16, 2008

This is a scam!! And the number Mr. Bennett posted is totally legit if you want to cancel and get reimbursed. They did it right away for me; automatically cancelled and refunded me 3 months of service. Here is the number for clickbank if you need it: [protected]

martha Oct 13, 2008

I have been trying to remove their charges from my account for 5 months and finally today, I have managed to get it done. I have had to hammer them every month about refunding the 9.95 fee. I too have never had luck with this thing and fell right into the trap.
    I called the clickbank.com and the woman immediately refunded the charge. I am sure they do this all day long.
    Totally a scam...

James Sep 04, 2008

Thank you Mr Bennett. I couldn't figure out how to cancel (they obviously don't want to make it easy) until I saw your comment. Wish I'd seen this page before I wasted my money on this piece of junk.

• Bi
    Bill Aug 20, 2008

Rip off, Scam, Sham, Worthless, they should be locked up.

charles kinner Aug 15, 2008

nogood. Iasked to cansel out, but did not.Wonggg item that i wanted

• Pa
    paul Jul 21, 2008

Netcom3 sum yankee doodle obliged takeing my credit card details, and to this day i havent used the
    dam thing as it wont remove infections totally on my comp! ive paid ! they dont!

mr c bennett Jun 19, 2008

the phone # for clickbank who handles billing questions for netscam3, i mean netcom3 is [protected], i just called and it is their number. hope this info helps someone.

mr c bennett Jun 19, 2008

i wrote a complaint about two months ago on this site, and since learned something about netcom3; anyone having problems getting a response from netcom3 about charges on their credit card NEED TO GET AHOLD OF CLICKBANK!!! just do a google search on them. they have told me that they handle the charges, and i since have not been charged for this piece of crap software. as for getting my money back? well that remains to be seen.

• Wa
    wanillakid Jun 17, 2008

I too have found out the hard way that Netcom3 is a scam, paid the money but did get a code but now computer playing up which it wasn't before their program. Their website comes and goes, one day there and next can't find it. No longer answer emails, and have put in request to clickbank to stop any more payments to them, if not successful will cancel card. THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME.

• Ju
    Justin Jun 11, 2008

My wife and I had been having pc issues with it always running slow, so we searched around and found netcom3. We managed to download it and after its first scan showed us we had over 1300 problems on our pc, so we got out the credit card and continued with the purchase. Loaded in the access code and away it went. Netcom3 would not remove linkgrabber99 from the adware list, hmmm I thought this is supposed to do this. Now for the last few weeks the programme has been running OK but now nothing. Avast antivirus that we run suddenly came up with warning Malware Found in regarding Netcom3. Windows now can't find the programme its just gone and there has been no reply or response from Netcom3. This is very dissappointing and frustrating. Netcom3 you promised to be the best now you are not even there and seem to not even care. Do not trust Netcom3.

• Da
    Dan Jun 09, 2008

Well,

I had the same experience. I purchased Netcom 3 after reading the praise given by Consumers Report. What a big mistake. The only thing this software did was remove my printer driver files. This is a scam, there is no telephone number and they do not respond to their email and the removal software doesn't work... surprise... surprise.

I am very dispointed with Consumers Report and everyone should be on the alert, Consumer Reports can no longer to trusted.

Sayaka Jun 09, 2008

I had recently download and bought this product after seeing that my computer has over 700 things wrong with it. It seemed to work for the first two weeks I had it, then all of the sudden, my computer wasn't able to open the program. I manually removed it from my computer through Add/Remove programs, and tried to e-mail Netcom3 about the issue and how I would like my $49.95 back that I had spent on it. I just received an e-mail giving me a link so I could cancel my subscription, but when I clicked on the link, the page won't load in Firefox or Internet Explorer. I tried going to www.netcom3.com to see if I could cancel my subscription from there, and again, the page isn't loading. Can anybody help me with this issue?? I keep trying to access their site, and it won't load...I've tried over 20 times and nothing yet. Please help and thanks =]

roxanne Jun 09, 2008

DON'T buy this product, it is a well-known (and very sleek) internet scam, at best it will do nothing, at worst it will thrash your machine - had to cancel my credit card and issue a new one because of these con artists!

robert f harcarik May 25, 2008

i also downloaded the 60 day free trial of netcom3 internet security suite and was charged $49.95. i tried it for a month and decided that it does'nt do as advertised.i sent them 4 emails requesting a refund and they have not responded at all. i believe that this company is pushing a product that doesn't work for your money . i will call them and their response will be submitted to this website.

Ron Harris May 13, 2008

Since I downloaded netcom3, I have had more problems with Adware, Malware, Trojans on my computer than before. Can't believe Consumer Reports recommends netcom3 as one of the best. When I try to contact them to cancel my monthly subscription billed to my credit card, I receive, "Can not Open This Page".

Joanna Apr 28, 2008

2 different versions of my code and user name were called invalid. I repeatedly asked for assistance only to be told to repeat what I had done, or in one instance was given instructions re copying and pasting ( I am NOT computer illiterate) which led me to believe that the person had not read my complete message, or either did not understand English. This nonsense went on for 6 days I have cancelled, and hope to retrieve credit.

• Sh
    Shahid Mir Apr 21, 2008

After reading reviews at TOPTENREVIEWS, I wanted to buy this software where it had advertised the cost as $29.95. The moment I entered my detailS and wnet to the next stage, it asked me to pay $39.95 instead of $29.95. I sent an email to the Netcom3 asking them why..., no reply yet. So better don't be fooled by the reviews, especially toptenreviews. Disappointing.

• Mi
    mike johnson Apr 17, 2008

I purchased the program for 49.95. It scanned and removed small threats but left dangerous threats/adware on my computer. I have no way to contact them and their 24/7 customer support has not returned my emails.

mr c bennett Apr 17, 2008

i downloaded this piece of junk and it found over seven hundred problem & errors on a brand new pc, i had some spyware norton couldnt catch so i tried it after reading a review on it. NEVER EVER USE THIS PROGRAM!!! DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED. ps. spyware doctor did solve my problem.

• Bi
    Bill Craves Apr 10, 2008

Signed up for a Netcom3 30 day trial. Canceled it at 28 days. Was supposed to get complete refund. They not only did not refund the first two charges, but continued to charge my account. Sounds as if this is a standard business practice for them. Saw no performance benefit from using their software. The scans take a very long time. With my experience with the company I would warn against trying to use this service.

• Ta
    Tandy Keenan Mar 06, 2008

I could have written Jame's comments. My experience exactly!

• Tb
    tbone65 Mar 06, 2008

Dear James,

It trashed my com puter to!! It is going to cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. Netcom3 is a scam and a fraud.

Ronald Timothy Feb 24, 2008

Only after I downloaded the trial version did I descover the high price of this utility software.
    I immediately uninstalled it, but was notified that some of the program would have to be removed manually. Now what's left loads at start eventhough it is no longer in my program list.
    Software companies should be disallowed form putting people in this spot.

• Vi
    Vita Jarrin Feb 06, 2008

Everyday the computer finds problems when I run scans. I purchased a premium software that was supposed to prevent problems from entering the computer. They are full of crap. Now? I cant even run a scan anymore? It somehow got wiped off my computer? I did nothing to remove it. Therefore, I believe they took my money and it expired off my laptop on it's own. These people are stupid? Instead of running a scam? They could make millions if they did what they say they do!!! Don't Download! They are scammers!!!

• Ni
    Nicholas Caico Feb 03, 2008

Over a week's time, I received multiple Registration codes, none of which performed the desired function. In retrospect, I think I may have gotten lucky. Presently, awaiting a refund.

• El
    Elfriede Moore Jan 30, 2008

I wasted a lot of time downloading the program and then having Netcom3 checking my computer.
    Then I wasted even more time trying to get the "registration number", so I erased Netcom 3 from my computer. What a waste of time!

James Hoskins Jan 28, 2008

DO NOT by from this company! They are defrauding consumers with reckless abandon. Their product doesn't work. It trashed my computer, and it took over a week to recover it from all the registry damage it inflicted. I've tried several times to contact the company, but they refuse to respond. They also have billed me for their monthly "service" despite several requests for a refund and cancellation of their service!

• Iv
    Ivan Graham Jan 15, 2008

Registered with this company twice and have not as yet received "Log on" code as promised, but did receive their Newsletter.