Netcom3Scam and cheating!

Upon a web search for a hard drive cleaner software I came upon a 'Consumers Report' site claiming Netcon3 was a 'best buy'. I logged on to the site, followed the instruction and entered my credit card info and waited for return E-mail with 'log on code'. It never came. I waited a day and E-mailed 'support'. No reply. Every day for 6 days I E-mailed and have yet to receive a response. They charged my card day one. I am now going to have to 'dispute' this charge in writing, (a monthly charge of $9.95), to stop it. They have 'offices' listed around the world. I have no phone number to reach them, only a 'support' E-mail form. Big rip off,if you ask me. BEWARE of Netcom3!!!

Andrew H. Iwata Jan 12, 2008

I had a virtually identical experience with Netcom3 except that in my case I got a log on code and downloaded the software. It appears to be incapable of removing anything from the computer, and they do not respond to technical support requests.

tod al mincks Jan 16, 2008

Netcom sucks I called the BBB and got a email from them within 2 hrs.

• T
    T Jan 21, 2008

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm in a similar situation. My computer kept freezing and black screening. So I downloaded Netcom3 free registry cleaner, scanned my computer, registered the product online and waited for an email containing the username and registration code to remove all the problems the program found on my registry. Never got an email so I sent a message to them on their website asking them if this is a legitimate product. Of course it isn't, why should anyone register a FREE download? AVG and Zonealarm are free downloads too, but I never had to register those products. Don't download this cr*p.

• Ed
    Edward A. Jan 22, 2008

I downloaded netcom a week and a half ago and I've had no problems with it at all. It's pretty good in my opinion, my computer is actually performing better and faster. I recieved all my emails with codes and all. so did the 7 other people that recomended this to me. Did you check your Junk/Spam folder in your email? I can't remember if mine was in there but maybe yours is. I like the program and seems legitimate to me. Hope you find it. Good luck.

• Ni
    Nicholas Caico Jan 26, 2008

Recently purchased NetCom3 and spent over a week trying to register. The furnished registration code(s) were not accepted by their own software! I figure, it they can't resolve a simple registration issue, then perhaps I got lucky. Still awaiting the crediting of my account.

• Da
    Dale E Feb 20, 2008

I downloaded it, registered it, received and inputed the access code.

Problem is, it always scans a returns the same errors without removing them, and the database claims to be updating but remains on the same date 09/05/07.

Everytime I restart it, it claims to update. This software is non functional as far as I am concerned.

Between them and Clickbank it is nearly impossible to simply cancel the account as well. Giving it 2 days, then disputing the charge with my CC.

rocky gray Mar 13, 2008

This appears to be the issue with all these so called freebies
    stay away from all of them and buy some thing off the shelf that has cellophane wrapping and price tag..,at least that way you will have all the important info with the program including the e-mail,support, certificates of authenticity and i guarintee that the virus removers will get back to you immediatley upon recieving a complaint pertaining to their product otherwise they would lose business for the company that has their product on the shelves.

Rocco.

ben Mar 13, 2008

I need some help. I made a mistake on downloading netcom3, and now i want to cancel their service.but i don't know how. Please someone help me. Thanks so much.

Hi Ben:
    If you loaded their program is to first delete it on your desktop
    then go to the control panel and after it populates remove it from there (delete), I sometimes deliberately load these scams just to see where they end up and just exactly what their claims are.
    as you might be aware of these are also a form of malware or trojans etc. A rule of thumb that I use is check on line with
    www.pcworld.com in which they usually have the goods on
    repetable companies with either good or bad reviews or if they do anything at all.

rocky gray Mar 13, 2008

Hi Ben: I now believe you were talking about what was in the system tray (an icon in the tray) all you need to do now is to right click the icon and it will give you several options including exit, click the exit and the icon will dissappear than shut down your computer or reboot I thik you will find it has left the tray only if it has been delete from the desk top and from the program list in the control panel.

Re:netcom.3
    The samething happened to people that wound up with the "monaronadona"virus that had appeared on
    a lot of peoples computers on or about feb 29/08..
    An unknown company had the anti-virus software a day after the infection took place,claiming that it could remove 600,000+ threats,(highly unlikely)
    I had threatened to and did help expose them,to this complete lie They sent me an e-mail back stating that the program that they offered for 39.95+tax would be given for free... so let these guys(netcom3 )know your going to let others know they're crooks.

ben Mar 14, 2008

Thanks so much Sir... But if I'm going to delete their program or remove it, Their still get that "monthly payment" right? If that happens, what should i do next? Cuz i went to netcom3's website and look if theres any "cancel your subscription here" but i didn't find anything even their phone number. Again... I thank you so much. But please help me on this matter.

rocky gray Mar 14, 2008

The best thing to do is get in touch with your credit card company and tell them to stop all payments to that account as the product that you had purchased was no more than a blatant rip-off,all credit companies have the ability to stop any payment that they make on your behalf,just let them know that you will not be responsible fo any charges that you have not physically signed for and then cancel that card and order a new card from a different card carrier if your current card holder doesn't do anything,they too do not want to lose your business
    as a cardholder of their company
    hope this helps
    regards Rocco

ben Mar 14, 2008

thanks so much sir...i e-mailed netcom3 they said they will deduct the payment automatically to my credit card unless i cancel it.but to make sure, ill inform the credit card company.again, thank you so much and God bless.

Robert Lyons Mar 31, 2008

I have had all of the same problems with Netcom3 that the above people have had. Netcom3 did answer one e-mail and said they would cancel, but never did. Had to call Clickbank and they said that they will refund two months of the charges and cancel the subscription. I hope they will.

Jason Beatty Apr 28, 2008

Bought it a few days ago. It did nothing. The malware is still there. They canceled it but they did not refund my debit card. They will not respond to me when I hold them up to their 90 satisfaction guarentee.

• As
    Ash May 15, 2008

Netcom3 is a scam that needs to be stopped. Their registry cleaner software identifies a huge number of problems with your registry when you run the trial scan, for the first time. You panic and you buy the subscription online, using your credit card, to stop your machine from the imminent crash.

The software does not work properly and it removes files that should not be removed. In disappointment, you mail them and use their website to cancel (forget refund!) the subscription. That’s when the real fun starts. They ignore you and your credit card gets debited every month!
    Do what I did. I changed my credit card number so that they can’t charge me anymore.

But why is the Netcom3 software so highly rated, as you will find if you do a Google search? The answer is on Netcom3 website itself (http://www.netcom3.com/partner.php). They give you an 80% commission! I used http://www.registry-cleaners-reviews.net/, which recommended the Netcom3 software. Someone called John Whitter, senior editor recommends the software. I bet John is laughing all the way to the bank and you and I are having our registries and accounts cleaned.

• Ru
    Ruth Dennison May 26, 2008

I am TRING to take Netcom ogg my computer but can not do it. WHY. It is not helping me at all but makeinf ev erything worse.

• Pa
    Pat Gilbert May 30, 2008

I tried Netcom3 which was advertised as Internet Security Suite and received something called PC Cleaner. As soon as I insatlled in on two of my laptops an installer for a fax program began loading everytime I started them. I sent Netcom3 an email describing the problem and they suggested a cure which left my laptop with a lot of my software not workable. I keep asking them if their program I received is the same as what was advertised but they consistently refuse to answer.

• Ko
    Koos Hakvoort Jun 04, 2008

It's good to read about your experiences before actually purchasing the product. My first question to Netcom was answered by the general manager who enclosed a link to a limited time offer for $29.95. However, when actually clicking BUY, the amount was suddenly $49.95. I e-mailed tec-support but no answer so far. Also I am worried about the same as Pat Gilbert: the add is about the Internet Security Suite but you get PC Cleaner.

I think I will forget about Netcom.

• Mi
    michellesays Jun 05, 2008

Iv been searching for a registry cleaner for about a week and since i cant afford one i decided there is probably a free one on the interent. I came accross Netcom3 by this website saying it was good with a big list of 'sponsors' and thought id give it a go. Sure enough the free scan i downloaded gave me a result of over 600 problems and when i clicked fix it only gave me a website that i was ment to subscribe to. So much for free.. now after reading the complaints i dont think i will bother signing up to it, if its a scam its a good one. Im very disappointed.

• Fr
    FRED HILL Jun 07, 2008

I download the comnet3 about 4/5 months ago, Luckly I don't not purchase it. I try to delete it from my computer, I could not do it.

I contacted the company, told them my problem. Will know I can see WHY! This company is a SCAMMMMM.

So if Someone out there can let me know how to do this please email me..

Thanks Fred...

jason sheppard Jun 20, 2008

my email does not register but do i trust you to register the email it belong to me i register it along time ago.reading the complants against you does not give me much hope.i give you 4 days to reply

Tony Jul 07, 2008

It appears that Netcom3 pricing varies all over the map. This company managed to squeeze $39.95 out of me (for a valuable lesson learned) before I realized that it was an online scam artist. Not only did it never fix the bugs it claimed were on my drive, but I believe its software invites or possibly actively downloads Trojans into the registry and system 32 files. Less than 2 months after I installed Netcom3 registry cleaner on my drive, my system was infected with something called PC Privacy Cleaner. Despite using SpyBot and Malwarebytes excellent software I can't get the PC Privacy Cleaner junk off my system.
    PS my system runs better now that I've deleted the Netcom3. Don't buy it, you'll be glad you didn't.

• Se
    Sedgrick Warren Jul 14, 2008

Hello all,

I too was infected by Netcom3. It installed into my registry and it killed my internet connection and removed my router settings from the registry. This happened because my wife used my computer without running my antivirus software first. This is what I did to fix the mess Netcom3 created.

1. Installed Spyhunter 3 and ran the software which removed Netcom3 and other threats.

2. Logged into my router setup page at http://192.168.1.1/basicsetting.htm and hit the apply button under (Basic Settings, Wireless Settings, and Advanced Wireless Settings) to restore router info back into the registry.

3. On Windows desktop click Start, Run, and type CMD to open command prompt then type the following commands hitting the Enter key after each command:

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

• Mr
    mr c bennett Jul 17, 2008

clickbank handles all billing inquiries for netscam3. i had the same problem as many others here a few months ago. i did a google search on clickbank and eventually did find a phone number for them. the charges have since stopped and even got a refund, however just a few days ago i discovered traces of netscam3 still on my pc even after deleting/uninstalling from it. sure hope thats the last of it.7fo

Tony Jul 18, 2008

Just thought I'd add to my previous comments about my unfortunate experience with Netcom3 Cleaner (Haven't they morphed that name into something else yet?). I discovered something called SuperAntiSpyware which did a fine job of eliminating almost all the remaining threats still deposited into my registry by Netcom3 and their good friends PCPrivacyCleaner. I've tried for several weeks now to fix my XP System Restore feature, totally disabled when Netcom3 was installed, but having explored the many technical tricks and techniques I am still hooped. Nice job Netcom3. I hope you're proud of yourselves, you crooks. Still, I've discovered some very good advice, always setup a manual restore point in the System Restore feature before downloading absolutely anything from the internet, just in case an online crook like Netcom3 fiddles with one's ability to restore his files and eliminate their threat.

• Re
    re Jul 27, 2008

netcom3 is a scam I purchased it in 3/08 and from day one I have been haveing problems I call my credit card company to cancle support team what do netcom3 have a support team can't tell by me

• Ba
    Barry Sep 24, 2008

My experience with Netcom3 is doubly painful. When I agreed to buy it (at US$49.95 per year), I was met by a Message Box which indicated that my credit card details were wrong, so I tried again and, unwittingly, purchased TWO copies of the program!!! I have been trying for the past 3 months to get my money back ("60 free trial" ha ha!!!) but have been met with a huge wall of silence. Having now seen this website, I finally understand - although I did have some suspicions almost from the outset.

• Pi
    Piet de Bekker Oct 21, 2008

All the effort to contact Netcom3 results in ZERO reactions.
    The only reaction is from their automailer.

After that I have sent a FAX to Clickbank (1-208-342-3934) .

PERFECT!!!

I got a refund of the past 2 months and all the payments stopped.

Clickbank has a special page to stop the payments (http://www.clickbank.com/csinquiry.html)

• Bi
    bighawk44 Apr 25, 2009

i downloaded the Netcom3 registry cleaner and didn't like it at all. i cancelled the subscription months ago, but i notice that i am still getting charged 9.95/mo. luckily, my bank statement has the vendor info. they are affiliated with click bank(clkbank.com). their contact number is 208-345-4245. hope this helps someone out there. i'm calling monday!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices