Need 4 DigitalOvercharging, not shipping Items Ordered

WOW, same as others... wish I would have read this... First was bait and switch, I placed order for camera only, called and continued to make deal after deal for extra stuff, high speed cards, better batteries, etc... sounded well... OK, I guess I could use the extra stuff... then no products came, called them they said it was back ordered to middle of month, I thought great. "I need to cancel." well he said, let me see what i can do, he shipped it out overnight... hmmm, well sure enough it came, all of the accessories were low end not high speed, high end batteries, etc...

Teaches me a lesson, I often try to save a few dollars... well not worth it... Strongly recommend do not sop with them... no way.

• N4
    n4digitalhater Aug 15, 2011

I too was scamed by www.n4digital.com. After I ordered a camera on the internet, , they called me on the phone and said that I had to buy a battery.. the default one only comes with a 20 minute battery. The 5 hour battery costs $100. Do I want it? I said no. They said Ok.. but you need to buy firmware for the camera and this costs $300. I laughed and said no... they said, well then you can't use the camera. I said sure I can... just sent me what I ordered online. He said no, not without battery or firmware ... and he canceled my order.

• El
    eliterod Jun 29, 2011

Horrible seller. this ? company does not have products they selling and want you to buy what they offer you. They attitude is scary. Very hostile. Get away from this people

• Ha
    Hankadoodle Jun 22, 2011

I found N4DIGITAL on the Nextag site. They had the lowest price for the camera I wanted. I ordered it on line for $225.00. It was supposed to come with free shipping and some free accessories. I called the next day to see when my order would be shipped and the rep tried to sell me a battery charger, memory card etc. When I told him I already had those things, he said the camera wouldn't work unless I paid an additional $79.00 for "firmware". I said well then, cancel the order. He immediately said, OK, your order is cancelled, have anice day". They obviously have no intention of ever selling anything at the advertised prices. I have reported them to nextag and the Federal Trade Commission. I hope it does some good, I'm sure a lot of people are getting scammed.

• Mc
    Mcgigifern Jun 15, 2011

Need 4 digital.com is a SCAM !
    They post the cheapest price on Internet and search engines but will never deliver the goods at advertised price. They call you with the fake excuse of checking for your zip code delivery as they got the wrong one from your order (not...) and try to sell you accessories, warranties or outrageous shipping costs, and unless you add things to your order, they will not send you what you ordered online and just cancel your order.
    It is a SCAM, never order from N4digital.com !!

• Je
    JenUSNA Jun 06, 2011

I ordered a Nikon Coolpix camera via the website and then got the "phonecall to confirm my order". During the call I was asked if I wanted a rechargeable battery. The salesman said the camera only came with a single use battery and for additional money I could purchase a 2 hour or a 4 hour rechargeable battery. I had researched the product and know that Nikon packages the camera with a rechargeable battery so either they were lying about how the camera comes or they have removed the battery from the box that Nikon put in it when they originally packaged the camera. I canceled my order after registering my displeasure with their tactics.

Markjones05 May 17, 2011

Thanks for this post. I was about to spend $799 on an ON SALE Canon 60D. Im glad I did my due diligence first.

• Hi
    High Hopes May 13, 2011

I hope everyone takes the time to read the comments and hope some will see this before purchasing from this company! Everything everyone has said is true, bait and switch, lying, over pricing, etc...It is amazing to me that in this day and age a company like this can still be operating. I have learned to do more research on companies before I buy! I would like to think somebody can get invovled and shut this place down! The moment I got this item in the mail I immediately called and asked for a return! 4 days later and many calls, nothing! I was charged $80 for shipping when the man on the phone said, shipping is free, "I will take care of you". When I phoned the company upon arrival of the item I was told, "it was free, we just moved it from the package cost to the shipping charges." Now I was told they have me on recording when I ordered and that the man told me shipping was not free. Complete and absolute lie! They have told me 3 different reasons now, which is it? I could go on and on, nothing upsets me more when people are allowed to operate like this and they have no guilty conscious at all...beware, they go by a few names too!

• A1
    a121178 May 06, 2011

I submitted an online order at http://www.need4digital.com for a Panasonic Lumix DMC- TS3 camera, which with free shipping and no tax would total $339, well below other online retailers.

I received an e-mail receipt with an order number, but the first oddity was the receipt did not include an order total. Instead it had the following language: "Please Note: All orders are subject to final approval by the order verification dept. We may contact you regarding the status of your order as well as for any necessary corrections or adjustments that may be required to insure total satisfaction with your order, as well as but not limited to any sales tax / shipping or insurance charges (if and when applies), of which you will be informed of and you must agree to before any adjustments to your order are preformed and charged to your credit card prior to shipping. You will receive a copy of your final statement (receipt) with the arrival of your package."

A few days later the retailer sent me an e-mail asking to call and verify my purchase. When I called to verify they tried to talk me into accessories for the camera, and actually lied about what it came with, telling me that I wouldn't even be able to use it without ordering a battery (they quoted $75 and $125 for two different batteries, which was far more than market price and even above $69 and $99 listed on their website for the same batteries). I rejected this several times, and the retailer raised their voice and began talking down to me about why would I buy just a camera, I don’t know what I’m talking about, etc. I asked them just to send what I ordered.

They then quoted me the total for the order, which was $389 instead of $339. I questioned if they had added an accessory anyway, and they said "no didn’t you hear me, I already told you that and you weren’t listening". They said the extra cost accounted for shipping and "insurance". Obviously this was a ridiculous amount. I was supposed to have free shipping, which is still advertised on their website as of today 5/6/11.

When I asked him to break down the charges piece by piece for me over the phone, he said he would cancel the order, and then hung up on me. To data my credit card has not been charged, but I'm monitoring it for any wrong doing. I am reporting this because I think it's a bait and switch routine, and I'm afraid many, many people have fallen for it.

• Br
    Br00ke Apr 29, 2011

I had the same problem. Purchased a camera. He called me and harassed me trying to get me to buy a battery for it. When I told them repeatedly that I wasn't interested they informed me that the camera wouldn't work unless I bought a computer program to load onto it for eighty bucks. When I asked him why this was not in the advertisement he angerly told me I could cancell. It's all a scam.

• Ne
    need for you Apr 28, 2011

This company is absolutely awful, and I would recommend everyone steering as clear as possible from them. My experience was trying to order a digital video camera from them. It was a good price, but not amazing. I ordered, a week later they had still not billed my card so I called. Even though it is advertised as a new product, the guy said he wouldn't ship it to me unless I bought a upgrade for the battery at $150 (when you can buy them elsewhere on the internet for $59... exact same battery). And then when I didn't want to buy the battery he said the camera came with no firmware, and that I needed to purchase firmware with the camera for $150. Stupid. Not to mention he was a complete and arrogant ### the whole time. And - to top it off I bought the camera cheaper at B&H (www.bhphotovideo.com) whose service and reputation is fantastic. Don't shop at this company. They will sell you something, as a way to try and heft the price up later with a bunch of lies and ###.

• Ne