Need 4 DigitalOver-charging and mis-leading

I ordered Cybershot photo camera and several accessories from Need 4 Digital. The sales person was extremely pushy - he insisted on all kind of upgrades that I did not need. He was playing with the numbers while talking fast during our conversation, juggling the words as if he was conduction some kind of an auction. Finally, he gave me the "package price", emphasizing that all of the accessories I ordered will come at a significantly reduced price. When the items arrived, I found that the invoice was not itemized. While visiting the company's web site to look at the items' prices, I found that I received no promised discounts and in fact I was forced to pay even more than the actual price of the items. I sent several e-mail messages - and the company did not respond to any of them. It is almost impossible to reach the company on the phone. Once you do reach someone on the phone and explain the problem, they immediately hung up on you. When I mentioned to one of the company's representative that the issue will be brought to the Better Business Bureau, he responded that he has a good friend in the BBB who will protect the company from the customers. Even if to disregard the promised discount, I overpaid for the items I ordered from Need 4 Digital. We don't need this kind of "digital".

• Y2
    y2kbug_sp7 Aug 16, 2011

me too...
    I ordered a camera from N4Digital.com. The camera type is: http://www.n4digital.com/product.asp?itemid=cnps300r-de
    Canon PowerShot 300 HS, 12.1 Megapixel, 5x Optical, Digital ELPH Camera
    I ordered this camera on August 9th 2011. A few days later, a n4digital.com rep called my house and said that the order was being processed; however, the camera that I selected does not come with a battery. The battery that comes with the camera only last 20 minutes. He asked if I want to buy a supplemental battery that lasts 1 hour ($50) or 5 hours ($100). I told him no, that the 20 minute battery was more than enough for me. He said ok.. but the camera is basically worthless without a longer battery life. I told him that I was ok with a useless camera and just want my camera as ordered. He said.. Ok, but you absolutely must buy the camera FIRMWARE at an additional $300 cost. I said, no thank you, I would just like the camera in its default configuration. He said that I was making a huge mistake and that the camera was not going to function. I said that this is Ok, please send me my camera as it is displayed on the N4digital.com website. He said, and that he was going to cancel my order. He then hung up on me and I later received a canceled order email message:

We Thank you for shopping at Need4Digital.com for all your Photographic Equiptment.

Per your request your order has been CANCELED, your credit card has not been charged nor will be charged.
    Your cancelation # is now C2…

N4D
    These guys now have my credit card number and I have no recourse to get my camera as promised on their website.
    Also, at the time I placed the order, there was this message on their www.n4digital.com website:
    With Any Purchase You'll Receive a Free Table Top Tripod, Lens Cleaning Kit, & Digital Screen Protectors!
    AS WELL, BUY 2 OR MORE ACCESSORIES & YOU'LL RECEIVE 15% OFF YOUR ACCESSORIES!!!
    DON'T MISS OUT, ORDER NOW!
    THE ABOVE IS A TOTAL LIE…

• Gm
    gminas Jul 02, 2011

Add me to the list of suckers. Should have known better when I asked the guy if he was selling me and he answered, "I sell everyone." I paid $699.98 for a Canon SX30 IS ($659.99 "package price" plus $39.99 shipping, handling and insurance. What happened to the free shipping?) Could have paid $438.00 including shipping from Amazon.com for the same items. Sucker price difference of only $261. 98! I called to review my order as I was wondering how the $329 camera cost me $700, I got transferred back and forth and wound up hanging up only to find these reviews while on hold. Wish I would have done my homework and followed my instinct. So, I patiently waited for the items to come in and was amazed to find a label reading "STOP. Please read below before refusing or returning your package." BTW, did anyone read their return policy online? Another red flag. While the items are new and I got everything besides my upgraded 4 year warranty (lol), it feels like I received used merchandise since the items were repackaged, as someone else mentioned. I didn't even get an original box to add to my collection of camera boxes. :( Love the camera but wish I would have paid $399 at Walmart!

• Mi

Delivery Issues 4
    Guarantee/Warranty Issues 0
    Problems with Product/Service 11
    Total Closed Complaints 41

I guess that says it all - this company is only there to rip off customers and make money on the refunds once the customer finds out they are totally overpriced with all their upselling - what a lousy company
    DO NOT BUY HERE !!!

• Pe
    Peter Henriksen Jun 22, 2011

I placed an order on line for a Lumix camera. It was to be 280 dollars. Two weeks later I got a call from a fast talking dude who sold me some upgrades in particular a faster charging battery. Two weeks later it showed up with an unitemized bill for 479 dollars. I believe these people are crooks. I'm in process of sorting it out at the moment but don't have much hope based on their behavior to this point.

• Be
    Bery Jun 21, 2011

Hey Guys! I dont need to explain what happened to me because is just the same thing that happened to you guys! cant we get together or do something for them to be shut down? please contact me if you are interested. [email protected]

• Bp
    bprudente Jun 14, 2011

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE CRAPPY COMPANY !! Their prices are terribly lower than the preveiling prices in the marketplace and they don't have money to make if they make a deal with you, unless they would call you back days later after you placed an order and push you very aggresively to buy something else at whatever prices they asked, 'cause that is where their money come from ! If you don't buy anything but sticking to whatever you buy in your order, they would try to make a bunch of excuses to let you cancle the deal. It's simply a waster of time.

markbrumbaugh Jun 10, 2011

Crap...I ordered a $175 camera and was upgraded to 498 so I would have the necessary battery, memory card, charger, etc.. Over a month and I still have not received merchandise. Yup, battery that comes only lasts for 40 pics, do you want a better one? Want to be able to recharge it? Want to store more than 20 pictures?
    This company is very dishonest. AVOID!

• Ad
    Adrianatorres May 25, 2011

Update: So I just called and the guy was actually nice, I told him I wished to cancel and he said ok nothing will be charged to my card and to have a nice day. But I didn't receive a cancellation confirmation number. Am I going to receive it by email?

• Ad
    Adrianatorres May 25, 2011

OMG! I wish I would've looked at all your responses sooner. I just ordered from them yesterday. I hope I can cancel! Omg this is horrible. I am crying hysterically! Please tell me what I can do! I am going to try to call them right when they open and cancel. Just my luck. Ugh.

• So
    softop May 24, 2011

I ordered and purchased new nikon digital camera from this company, got the conframation number and email.After four days didn't hear any replies from company on what was shipping status.So I called company to see what the status was on camera..Sales person got on phone an congrats me on purchase of this camera an said was sorry camera was on backorder an just came in today and would be shipped out tomorrow for me. I said that was fine no problem, the salesman said "well by the way i don't see u ordered a battery", I said a battery was to come with camera, , he said it does but it only lasts 1 hr an you can't recharge it, just through it away, , well he had a deal for me, , a $69 or over $100 which would I like, I told him I had extra batterys from old digital that i didn't need them, , he said that they wouldn't work, , I said that was funny when I researched the camera though nikon company they said they would work perfect with new camera..You can see were this was going!!!Next he tried to talk me into something called "firmware" over $100 special deal for $75, , , Well u get the picture, , They wasn't going to sell camera for price they quoted, , salesman said "this is what we offer, no reason to talk anymore, I'll cancel your order an hung up.. "" Be careful""!!!

savyshopper Apr 21, 2011

I had the same experience as those mentioned here. I found out about Need For Digital on an Internet shopping site. When they tried to rip me off, I wrote a review for the shopping site, that interestingly, was never posted. So I wrote another review...not posted either. That was frustrating because I hoped that by posting my experiences among the most recent reviews, others might be warned. The reviews that WERE posted on the shopping site were overwhelmingly positive, and that was the reason that I felt comfortable buying from this verdor. Trouble was that when I really got to looking at those glowing reviews, they were obviously "placed, " as they were all written in the same style and cadence. I hope Need For Digital gets shut down soon. This is the kind of scam that gives doing business on the Internet a bad reputation.

• Js
    jsatterfield Apr 15, 2011

Urgghh...I should really read this before I gave my information and credit card to this stupid online site of vendor, I ordered Nikon D3100, when I called this rude salesman tried to sell me the battery that cost me $129, (I was surprised the battery didnt include on the box) I told him No thanks, I just want to know my total amount of my purchased and he said $599. WAIT a minute the reason I bought that camera cuz it showed earlier only $448 so why $599 and right away he said... "SHHH... slow down ok! you hv to pay shipping & handling and insurance, do you want to canceled your order?? you can cancel right now" before I said anything he hung up the phone.. I called back and nobody pick up the phone, mannn.. Im still freaking pissed till now, somebody should shut this place down!!

• Ha
    Handyduder Apr 12, 2011

Total joke - ordered a Nikon D3100 for $469.00 - great price ! - But then the call - you need to also buy a battery for this camera - add another $129.00

johnccc Apr 08, 2011

Totally agree with all of you. Pass to your friends and family that never believe prices that are way lower than the competition. It just simply is a scam and doesn't work!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS TYPE OF VENDORS!!!

• Pe
    Peter Yang Mar 04, 2011

I had a similar experience with this company, need4digital.com for a Nikon L110. They first low balled me and asked me to call back then told me there is a a mandatory insurance of $39.95 for a free UPS shipping which will make the price of the item higher than any other vendor on the internet. They also tried to sell me accessories priced at much higher than the market pricing. Comment by PSY

• Sh
    shurix Mar 04, 2011

Do not deal with this company!!! They advertised low price and I purchased Canon EOS XS from their web-site. I didn't hear from them for days. Then I called them and asked what's happening with my order. They told me that the battery pack with the camera is non-rechargeable and I need a 'special' SD card for $89. Anyway, they offered a 'special' packaged price (speaking very fast - hard to understand) saying it would cost only an extra $25 or whatever. I said I will call back tomorrow to confirm. When I called back, my order was already shipped with all additional accessories with $357 camera + $90 battery and charger + $89 SD High-speed. My order totaling $637. Where another $100 came from, I asked. Shipping (free ground shipping I selected for my order) and additional warranty. I curse these [censor] to burn in hell for screwing-up face of e-commerce for the rest of us who sell stuff online.

• Ic
    Iceman99 Mar 02, 2011

yeah I should have listened to you guys... I ordered from them recently and found that I was taken for a joy ride. I figured since there was such as small sampling of issues that I would give this company a chance. You know because everyone tends to have issues with a company now and then. But I have just come to the conclusion that there are more issues then what is posted here and in some other areas, they just do not speak up. I purchased a camera for the Wife to take on a trip. Ordered it roughly 20 days before our trip. Great deal (I thought). 2 days later still no word from the company so I called and they did the whole, well we charge for insurance and all this stuff and the price I agreed to pay online went up nearly 35$ (again not listed on their site). Then they rope me add ons. And since I was in sales before I bought the extra battery. I was informed that day that the item was going to be shipped immediately after my card was charged. Needless to say it got charged that day. But when I contacted them today, 8 days after my initial purchase I was informed that my order would not be mailed until this Friday... 11 days after the order was placed. Unfortunately this screws our trip as we now have to wait for the funds to be refunded to us, which I am sure with this group will take FOREVER... But this was funds we specifically set aside for this purchase and they took advantage of us... HANDS DOWN...

I am not sure what all we can do to get them shut down. But they definitely need to be...

• Bl
    bluerose88 Mar 02, 2011

This happened to me too, the man spoken on the phone was very mean, he is very lazy to answer question and say "thank u, goodbye" all the time before i could ask something else, so i just cancel my credit card before they process my order...be aware of this company !!!

• Co
    Consumer550 Feb 25, 2011

I had the exact same experience with this company. What a racket! They advertise a lower price for a Nikon camera than anyone else onine. After I placed the order, they called and suggested all these upgrades without explaining what they were in words that made sense. They said I needed to upgrade the memory and said it was a as pecial meory card they upgraded to, not a standard SDHC card. They said the battery and the charger needed to be upgraded but when the product cam, e it was a standard SDHC card and the stock battery and charger. All for $275 more than the price they advertise online. I agree this company should be shut down.

• Cr
    Crpetersen Sep 22, 2009

Its another "Banana boat camera" - I was looking around for then a Nikon D2SX
    Found this price that was just outstanding and started to do my research before buying online.. This Banana boat camera had 12 different addresses around NYC, did have a store front but really ripped people off threw the internet same thing as you describe here bate and switch, trying to sell unneeded accessories.. Although in sales that is how you make money, the add-on's. - I am not condoning what they are doing, but I understand sales, its a cut thought business. - Anyway, for me I decided that it was not worth the trouble.

1) Use your head MAN/WOMAN !
    2) Do your research about the company before you buy
    3) IF IT's TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!

• Ev
    EVETH Jul 27, 2009

DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THE PRICE ADVERTISED IS NOT THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY...THEY CALL YOU BACK DAYS LATER AND TRY TO SELL YOU THINGS THAT YOU NEED FOR THE DEVICE TO WORK...CLEVERLY LEFT OUT OF THE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORDER. I cancelled my order.

• Rm
    R.McAlister Jul 07, 2009

Placed an order online with need4digital for a Canon Rebel T1i and remote switch for $689.00 including 3 day shipping. Recieved a call from them and they told me Cannon doesnt include the battery, so include a battery, then he ask how I was going to charge the battery, Cannon doesnt include chargers with their cameras, then wanted to know if I need SD cards and I said no that I have new SD cards. He said canon uses special SD cards that will only work with the canon. When all said and done, the original cost of $689.00 now is costing allmost $1100.00. We hung the phone up and I thought to myself this was a rip-off, you can buy a complete package including lense for $849.00 at Wolf Camera. I called back 10 minutes later and ask to cancle my order. The Rep said he couldnt cancle my order because they charged my Credit Card the day before. I told him that I just got off the phone with someone else and they hadnt charge me because of problems with my order and it wouldnt be process till the next day and I was looking at my credit card on line as we were speaking. I ask to speak to a manager and he refused and said they were charging me anyway if I liked it or not, I could not cancel the order and I said I was going to file complaints about this scamming. He just hung the phone up. I then called back and someone else answered, I ask for a manager and the rep said I didnt need a manger that they cancled my order and my card was never charged ( which I allready knew). People beware of this company.

McAlister

• Da
    David May 23, 2009

i tried to get informacion on a Canon xh-a1
    and the guy was a completle idiot...
    saying that the 1200 price was only for the body with a charger with no lense...
    and that if i wanted it with the lense it would be around 1, 000 more dollars...

the thing that got me is...you cant change lense on that camera...its a single non-changeable camera lense...

so how can u be selling the body only??

• Mi
    Michael May 14, 2009

I also ordered from Need 4 Digital. The sales person was extremely pushy - he insisted on all kind of upgrades that I did not need. The sales person was playing with the numbers talking fast during our conversation, juggling the words. Finally, he gave me the price which I agreed to pay. When the items arrived, I found that the invoice was not itemized. While visiting the company's web site, I found that I received no promised discounts and in fact I was forced to pay even more than the actual price of the items. The company does not respond to the e-mail messages. The company cannot be reached on the phone. Once you do reach someone on the phone and explain the problem, they immediately hung up on you. When I mentioned to the company's representative that the issue will be brought to the Better Business Bureau, he responded that he has a good friend in the BBB who will protect them! Stay away from this company! They will rip you off!

Jack May 14, 2009

I ordered a Canon camera on line. The order was possessed and in stock. I got a phone call from then trying to upgrade or add accessories. I said no. I immediately received an email stating the camera was back ordered. The sales person was extremely hard selling and rude when I kept refusing the add ons. This company has false advertising and should be fined or shut down.

• Lu
    Lucricia Woodside May 12, 2009

They are advertising a Canon 40D Camera for $270. Nowhere on their website does it state that there is a Japanese Version and an American Version of this camera. But when they close the deal, they tell you that the camera being advertised for $270 is a Japanese Camera and that all the settings are in Japanese and if you can't read Japanese, the camera won't be of much use to you.