Nature's Acai14 day free trial scam

NATURE'S ACAI IS A SCAM!!! 14 days really is only 4!!!

It took them 10 days of the 14 day free trial for me to receive the product even though it also took them 6 days to charge my account. They claim they will ship the product 24 hours within the time you place the order. Instead they waited 6 days AFTER I placed the order to charge my account. So, you mean to tell me that they shipped the product prior to me paying for the postage? How does this make sense? When I called to cancel the "membership" they said I was already 3 days past the 14 day free trial...to simplify:

Feb 3rd: placed order, 14 day free trial begins
Feb 9th: (day 6 of 14) credit card charged $4.99/shipping
Feb 14th: (day 11 of 14) received product
Feb 17th: (day 14 of 14)unaware 14 day free trial ends
Feb 20th: (11 days after cc was charged, 6 days after receiving product) charged $79.96 for NEXT 30 day supply that I have NOT received and won't for 30 days AFTER the original order was shipped.

SCAM!!! They will not help you, the customer service reps are difficult to understand and keep repeating themselves over and over stating that I should have read the terms of offer. Clearly they are on a mission to NOT reimburse/satisfy their customers. I keep seeing the same 800# on all these posts along with apologizes from Nature's Acai representatives. they will not help you or satisfy your needs.

DO NOT fall for this scam unless you are willing to spend the additional $79.96 when the 14, actual 4, day free trial is up.

JA

TERMS OF OFFER:
You are ordering a 14-day risk-free trial of Nature's Acai Berry for the $4.99 cost of shipping and handling, which will be charged to the credit or debit card you provide when you place your order. Your 14 day trial begins when we ship Nature's Acai Berry. Your product will ship within 24 hours of ordering. If you are not satisfied with Nature's Acai Berry, you can cancel before the end of the 14-day trial period by calling [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST, and your credit card will not be charged further. If you are happy with Nature's Acai Berry, do nothing and your credit card will be charged an additional $79.96 approximately 15 days after your risk free trial is shipped.

NATURE'S ACAI BERRY HOME DELIVERY PROGRAM

Unless you call to cancel before the end of the 14-day trial period, beginning approximately 30 days after your trial order was shipped. and about every 30 days thereafter, we will automatically send you a fresh 1-month supply of Nature's Acai Berry. We will charge the credit or debit card you provide today the Member's Only price of $79.96 plus $5.95 s/h for a total of $85.91 each month when each order of Nature's Acai Berry ships. You may cancel your membership at any time and avoid further shipments and charges by simply calling customer service at [protected] 9am-9pm, EST before the next shipment and charge date. Please see below for information about refunds and returns for Nature's Acai Berry.

John Mar 03, 2009

I ordered the free trial, got it 9 days later. Funny though I checked the tracking on the package and it said it wasn't shipped till the day before I got it (8days after ordering it), so that turned my 14 day trial into 5 days. What a ripoff!!!

• Co
    Company Employee Mar 03, 2009

Customers,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number (1-800-983-7968). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. They will also be able to extend your trial period! Your satisfaction is our number one concern. We hope to hear from you soon to resolve any outstanding issues. Have a great day!

• Nu
    nurse06 Mar 04, 2009

when i called, the representative hung the phone up three times trying to transfer me to another representative.

• Nu
    nurse06 Mar 04, 2009

Also she was in the process of giving me a cancel confirmation number and hung up on me. SCAM!!! Carla was the representative that I spoke with.

• Tr
    truexprep Mar 23, 2009

I previously had made a complaint regarding an Unauthorized Withdrawal from my checking account. I'm just touching base in saying that I was refunded in 2 business days after hours of fighting with the "helpful" customer service. I seen on the internet there's a TEETH WHITENING "free trial" going around which is the same scam. Be careful nothing is ever free!

• Rp
    RPilcher Mar 28, 2009

After responding to an internet ad for a free month supply of Nature's Acai, for which I was charged $4.99 for shipping, I received 2 more charges of $79.96 and $85.91, for product that I did not order or receive. Both of these were charged to my credit card within one month of my original purchase. I have filed a complaint with their Customer Service department, but have had no response.

• Su
    Susan Kurth Apr 07, 2009

print was very small couldn't read what one agree to. also never received some of the products but yet was billed to my credit card. they would not reverse the charges saying that I agreed to you. and the products I did try did not work as promised.

• Su
    Susan Kurth Apr 07, 2009

don't buy this product/products

• He
    Helen Jul 08, 2009

They tell you it's a 14 day free trial for 4.99 and in 2 weeks you get a charge on your bedt card for 79.00.You will get it back in about a month.

• Ra
    Rachelvette Jan 25, 2010

Wow! i was just about to purchase my "free trial" of Acai Berrys when i paused for a moment and thought it was a little strange how the web site was set up... it didn't seem like a legit health report so i looked up the name Acai Berry only to find everyones feedback on thier experiences. Thankyou so much for pre warning me.

• Ti
    tired of so-called trials Aug 17, 2016

We were taken in by this scam, as well. Nature's Acai is basically stealing our money. Whom do we have to contact in order to start a class action against this type of activity? He noticed 3 charges on his credit card statement: 4.99 for the trial, 79.95 for the "balance" of the amount due, and 29.95 from SelfHelpFFCom, which is a related company. Not only did we get charged the 79.95 at least a week before we even received the product, but the day that my husband called to complain, he was told by the operator that additional charges of 85.91 and 2.95 were put on his credit card. He was able to get reimbursement for all charges EXCEPT the 79.95 initial charge and, of course, the trial charge. I reviewed the agreement, which is not clearly disclosed in the website and found the language relating to the 15 day cancellation notice. Is it even legal to require a customer to cancel a trial before he actually tried the product? If he did cancel, what would be his excuse?

• Ro
    Robin Aug 17, 2016

I feel the same way as everyone else. I called to cancel and was only given 2 confirmation #'s not knowing that there was going to be a charge of 85.91. I'm now going to have to cancel that credit card and get a new one so charges won't continue.

• Bi
    Bill Aug 17, 2016

Ordered $4.99 sample on 2/2/09; rec'd on 3/9. Charges on credit card were $79.96 and 85.91, along with 2 unauthorized/fraudalent charges for www.costsmash.com and www.lifestylefit.com. Reported fraud to my credit card co. and they canceled my card. Natures-acai being investigated for fraud. Do not order "sample!"

• Mi
    Mike Aug 17, 2016

I agreed to do a trial of this product which was supposed to be free except for a s&h fee of $4.95. I checked my account and found a charge for $79.95 which I did not authorize.

• Bo
    Boston Aug 17, 2016

Ordered Nature's Best Acai Berry Product. Within the 14 day trial period called to cancel. At that time I found out that not only was I signed up to receive the product, but there were also two additional programs that I was automatically signed up for. I canceled all three. This morning, 4/20/09 I noticed a charge on my card for $85.91. This is a full two months after I had cancelled. When I talk to customer service, their first remark was "Since you have already been charged why not go ahead and try it". After several minutes I was finally able to get the charges reversed. I had also recorded the 3 cancellation numbers, that is the only reason they relented. What a scam. Please beware.

• Be
    Betty Bullock Aug 17, 2016

I ordered free samples of this company's product and received the free sample with a charge of 3.99 for shipping. Shortly thereafter I was charged on my checking account 79.96 for something I never received or ordered. I have been reading about others that have been scammed by this company. And would like to know what recourse I have.

• Po
    P.O.ed customer Aug 17, 2016

I too fell for this scam recently. After seeing the charge on my bank statement, I called. I spoke with a woman who said that by allowing to receive the sample I was signing up for upcoming monthly charges. After she would not remove the charge, I asked to speak with her supervisor. She told me several times that his line was busy and every time I told her that I would wait. While on hold, I looked up acai berry scams and sure enough, I had been duped! After arguing with the supervisor over dates of this SUPPOSED trial, he said I should have read the fine print. I asked him for his first and last name and told him I would be reporting him to the Better Business Bureau. He then said he would offer me a one time refund of the said amount. Also apparently, I had signed up for two more of these "programs" which I told them immediately to take me off. I am hoping that I am not charged for future payments of ANY "program". My advice would be first and foremost, DON"T SIGN UP FOR A FREE SAMPLE BY GIVING YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFO, and secondly be assertive and relentless about them refunding the amount they charged you for. I feel like an idiot for falling for this...if it sounds too good to be true...it ALWAYS is!

• Ev
    evangl Aug 17, 2016

i fell also. does anyone have a phone number i can call to stop this

• Ro
    roxanne Aug 17, 2016

i also am fighting with them over this, i did not recieve it either, was charge the same 79.96. i called them and of course they cant even find my name oe e-mail, but it's sure on my bank, i went to the bank, they told me to come back on monday to see more info about the companys charges, the dont give any. so hopefully my bank will take care og this for me, to make it even worse, i am on a fixed income so i new i had the 1.99 for shipping in there, but not more.. now i also have have a 35.00 overdraft. when it rains it poors, so i will find out monday if they will tak the charge off and my overdraft fee back. do you know i have been so upset about this i couldnt even speek to my own mother, who lives with me, i am beyond help for this day. cant wait till its over.p. s . did any of ya'll get your charges off

javerde Aug 17, 2016

Glad you mentioned the Complaint site...will submit my complaint to them now.

Jason Homer Aug 17, 2016

News letter deduction that I never recieve Please stop the deduction immediately

• Sh
    shereeyh Aug 17, 2016

I fell for the trial scam for Nature's Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse. After calling 1-800-983-7968 I was FINALLY able to get them to cancel the Acai Berry...then they gave me another fake phone number to cancel the Colon Cleanse, (1-801-208-8735) but it isn't a working number! I had already called to cancel just after I received my trials, but they charged my account again anyway...my Bank has alerted me to cancel this. I have been charged twice now (full prices of $85.91 and $83.80 for these 2 products) and just want them to stop! Please be adviced that this scam is difficult to undo! Sheree

• Ni
    nick Aug 17, 2016

I would love to participate in a class action law suit! In the meantime, it is vital that this is reported by everyone to the Internet Crime Convention https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

One thing that many people do not realize as they are feeling "stupid" is that false websites were set up for this product. The advertisements for this free trial that were linked to blogs supposedly started by every day people beginning with "as seen on Oprah, Rachel Rae, etc.) were fake. The link on those sites for returns and cancellations provides a non-working number. The only way that you would be aware of their terms is if you ordered directly from the Lipapherm Website. Yes, there the 15 day cancellation terms are clearly stated along with thier "real" phone number. This link is what I originally had until further investigating thier real information. http://www.acaiberrydetox.com/contactus.aspx. That contact us website states that the phone number is 954-699-0814. That of course, if a non-working number. The real number to this company is 1-866-949-0138. When you speak to a customer service rep at this number, they tell you that their terms are clearly stated on their website and refuse to refund your money. You attempt over and over to cancel your subscription, yet each time you call it is still active. They will not acknowledge your request for a cancellation confirmation - nor will they let you speak to a Manager.

joyce jones Aug 17, 2016

I too have been scammed by the Acai Berry Company and the colon cleanse. I am in the process of trying to get a refund and was told to wait on an e-mail to notify me of a refund. I have not received an e-mail for a refund. When I called about the colon cleanse I was given a web-site that doesn't exist.

• Mi
    Michelle Aug 17, 2016

I also have been duped! In less than three weeks increasing in amounts, my account has been charged 2x.

• Ha
    Harold Aug 17, 2016

Sandra Hertsgaard Aug 17, 2016

I requested a FREE trial of the above mentioned product which I never received. I was charged $79.96 on my credit card from this company. My intention was to receive a free trial and if I wanted to purchase more I could. However, since I did not receive a free trial, I could not try it so I certainly would not want more of a product I never received or tried. I want this charge removed from my credit card and I do not want to do any kind of business with this company in the future.

javerde Aug 17, 2016

I also sent for the $4.99 special offer. I received it with no paperwork and a few days later when I checked my credit card statement on line I was charged $79.96. I also had a charge for self help ffcom8009LasVegas for $29.95. After I called both companies, I received a credit for $29.95 immediately. I am still waiting for the $79.96 credit. Natures Acai gave me a bunch of reference numbers (4) and have also told me on 4/10 that the credit was processed. Still no action on my card. Where do we go next? Nevada Attorney General.

• Gr
    GRO Aug 17, 2016

Company information:
    Nature's Acai
    California
    Phone: 1-800-983-7968
    trynaturesacaiberry.com

My comments are pretty much the same as 'JA' You are not given 14 days before they bill your credit card. They said the product would be shipped within 24 hours, that did not happen. On the 'Questions most asked' (Will I be billed if I decide to keep my trials) it says 'simply do nothing and you will be billed $59.95, not the $79.76 which I was actually billed. Another question (What if is doesn't work?) it says 'ACaiBurn totally covers you for a full 60 days. If you're not 110% satsifed with your results, simply send back the unused portions (even if it's just one pill) for a refund. You have more than eight weeks to decide. Customer satisfaction comes first and foremost at AcaiBurn.' What a joke. When you call the 1-800 number you get people with broken English and all they can say is you did not respond with in the 14 day. And like someone else said, they are totally do not want to help you. I am not done with them yet. I plan to take this further.

GRO

• Co
    Company Employee Aug 17, 2016

GRO,

I would like to apologize for any miscommunication to you as a customer, however, according to your post you have purchased a product called "AcaiBurn." This is not affiliated with Nature's Acai and unfortunately this means that we are unable to assist you. I would recommend contacting their customer service line with any problems that you might be having with their service.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices