Natural Source Storesouth beach smile

I'm joining many other people complaining about this company.I was to receive a free trial of "South Beach Smile" teeth whitening product. I was billed for $6.95 shipping for this"free" product, but before I could even try the product, I was shipped another of the same item and billed $79.99. I have been calling their phone number listed to get a RMA number for a week now. Was on hold forever, the one time I actually got a real person, supposedly, their "server" was down.I was then told to call back in 24 hours, which I did, but still no answer. I left message as they offered to call me back asap...still no return call! At this time, I've left 3 messages asking them to call me so I can get the RMA number that they "require"before I can get a refund.I have not received any satisfaction from this company.I currently have a complaint in process with my bank because of these unauthorized charges to my credit card.
Do not order any "free trial offers" from this company. It appears to be the same company that called the teeth whitening product "Ivory Smile" as well as "South Beach Smile".

• Ga
    Gary W Mar 09, 2009

Hello imangry

I was surfing the net for a teeth whitening product when I came across South Beach Smile. I did the usual routine of reviewing the product on the internet prior to any purchase and did not find any negatives about this product, so I placed the "trial offer for 3.95" order. I do not know why I continued to look at reviews, having already placed the order, but I did and came across your post, I am so upset I did not see your post prior to placing the order. I hope your experience will not become mine, although I'am an attorney and know exactly what direction to take in this type of situation, I hope it will not be a repeat performance of your experience, I would hate to have to go though the ###, we all have busy lives and this would be just another inconvenience on top of the already overloaded pile of "X". Good luck in your endeavors. Gary W.

• Gi
    gisela1200 Mar 11, 2009

t seems y0u have the same problem as I do. Apparently, the customer service number (954/23 7/2690) is based in India and give poor customer service. I had to go through the website and leave a message for them to return my call on the contact us forum. When they called me back, I missed the call but was left with a different number to reach a live person. So far I have 3 different numbers you can reach someone at. 954/237/2691, 954/894/3665, 954/894/3445. I hope this is helpful.

jan Mar 12, 2009

AWFUL ! I never even received my free trial at all and when I realized the 14 days was soon upon me before they enrolled me in VIP I couldn't get anyone to take the call. Constantly busy, no return calls.

To top it off, I got charged $27.00 to my credit card that I had no clue where it came from. When I called the 800 number listed along with the charge, the company rep stated that I had "agreed" to become enrolled in their service when I ordered my South Beach Smile trial and that it was clearly seen on the website. (this was for some sort of free fitness advice) - I had no recollection of this at all and they refused to reimburse me this $27.00. Nothing but a scam all the way around

• Re
    REN Mar 13, 2009

If you should ever get your product late, just call the company and let them know and they will extend your trial.

Common sense.

• Su
    Suzy Mar 13, 2009

I've had the same experience with Natural Source Store. I was billed $27 from another company, Fitcompass.com, in which the latter said I had agreed to enroll in their co when I ordered the trial product from Natural Source Store. This is BOGUS and FRAUD! Suffice it to say, I called my bank and had my credit card closed out PRIOR TO the pending transaction. Additionally, I am having my bank check this place out for fraud. And as you all have said above, DO NOT buy these "trial" products --- they don't even work! If your transactions have not yet gone through, close out your credit card and your bank will issue you another credit card #, & tell your bank to check out these companies for fraud. If your charge has already gone through, call your bank & dispute the charge and have them check out this site by seeing the sheer NUMBERS of people who have been ripped off by these bogus companies! They will reverse your charges. THE MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T BUY ANY PRODUCTS FROM THESE ONLINE STORE ADS ~ Good luck ~ Suzy

• Fr
    Frustrated in Kansas Mar 14, 2009

This place is definately fraudulent. I am going to call the BBB and report them. I had used a free trial of the stretch mark cream that they had. Well apparently it was a 21 day trial and I didn't even realize it. No where on their website is there a disclaimer in small print. If there is I sure as heck didn't find it. I ordered the cream then apparently when my 21 day trial was up, they withdrew 89.95 from my account. I was livid. I havent even received another shipment of the little bottle of cream. I called the customer service line and was told that all they could refund was 30 dollars. Well I still was not happy with that cause the guy I spoke to was hard to understand and decided to write an email. I explained in the email, if they were not going to give me the money then I want at least the 30 dollars they promised and 60 dollars worth of product. I told them that I want a reasonable solution tio this nonsense.. I mean 90 dollars? Thats insane. I told them that I will take this as high as I need to go and that I will report them for fraud. I continue to wait for the end results..

Frustrated in Kansas
    Carrie

• Ki
    Kim Mar 16, 2009

I'm another complainer. I have just sent this letter to them:

Dear Natural Source Store,

You are clearly robbing customers. I ordered a free trial. Unfortunately, it took about 2 weeks to get to me. Since you say that you have to return it within 15 days of YOUR shipping date, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to return to you in time.

Secondly, your paperwork says that YOU MUST call [protected] to get an RMA to return the leftover product. Well, as you know, that doesn’t work real well. I tried calling several times. I left a message but never received a return phone call. I called again and was on hold for 45 minutes!!! As I was holding, I started browsing the internet and found lots of interesting complaints about your company. The complaints were exactly the same as mine.

On one complaint board forum, someone had posted a DIFFERENT number that they received from the Better Business Bureau in Florida. That is the ONLY way I got a hold of a real person, most likely from another country, who had to listen to me ### and complain about your fraudulent business practices.

I’ll be sending a copy of this letter on to the BBB to join all of the other ones I’m sure they already have on file.

FYI:

Kim
    San Diego

• Tk
    tkdmomof3 Mar 17, 2009

I ordered a free 14 day trial of their product, "South Beach Smile", teeth whitener, as I saw a testimonial on yahoo.com about how great the "free" trial product was. I didn't even receive the product until the day I had to cancel the "subscription" with the Natural Source Store. Suspecting that something wasn't right, I e-mailed them at the e-mail address supplied by them in a confirmation e-mail to with my order and account number telling them to cancel my subscription with them and to not send anything else to me from their company. I also asked for a confirmation e-mail with a return authorization code (as required by their returns policy), so that I could send the trial product back. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I didn't have a return authorization code. At this point, I called their customer service number [protected]) and told the female fielding the call what I needed and that I did not at any time sign on for a full subscription. She then informed me that I would need to speak with a supervisor, but that they were all "busy". Obviously frustrated, I gave her my name, phone number, account and order number with them so that a supervisor would call me back. Long story short, no one called and my bank account was charged $79.99 for a one month supply that I was never shipped. I am still working with my banker to get the charges reversed, but the catch is that I still have the free trial product (as I cannot send it back without a return authorization from Natural Source Store, which they won't provide), and they are now saying I also have the one month supply they illegally charged me for in the first place; which I never received.
    I am highly frustrated and would appreciate any helpful feedback as to how to get this issue resolved.
    Sincerely,
    FRUSTRATED

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 17, 2009

I agree. They are a rip off. They make it impossible to cancel. I tried calling the same number and no one answers. I'm haven't even open their product, but I have alerted my credit card company to contest the billing, as I have tried calling to receive an RMA number. Don't even know why it is necessary to talk to someone to get a RMA number. At last Ivory White has a means to cancel via their web site. South Beach Smile doesn't offer that option because they want 14 days to lapse, so that you're stuck with their monthly plan. Someone should file legal action against this scam company!

• Ru
    Ruth Mar 18, 2009

After reading the other complaints listed here. I agree that Natural Source Store is VERY underhanded. I'm sending this e-mail to the Natural Source Store for the South Beach Teeth Whitening trial kit and unknowingly the my enrollment in th Fitcompass online program.

Dear Natural Source Store:
    On the day that I ordered the free trial, I called and e-mailed you to cancel my order. Unfortunately, you shipped me the product anyway, and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. Since you say that you have to return it within 15 days of YOUR shipping date, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to return to you in time.
    I've had an another awful experience with your company, Natural Source Store. In addition to not being able to cancel my order as requested. I was billed $27 from Fitcompass.com. I hadn't realize that I had agreed to enroll in another company's service when I ordered the trial product from from you. This is absolutely underhanded.
    FitCompass.COM
    Customer Service 356 North 750 West D-9 #403
    [protected] or [protected]:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST, M-F)
    American Fork, Utah 84003
    [protected]@FitCompass.com
    I'm having my bank check you and Fitcompass out for fraud.
    Because your paperwork requires the consumer to call [protected] to get an RMA to return the leftover product, this make it impossible to comply to your requirements.
    I have browsed the Internet and found lots of complaints about your company. The complaints were very similar in nature to mine.
    I’ll be forwarding a copy of this e-mail in a letter format to the BBB to join all of the other ones I’m sure they already have on file.
    Ruth
    Long Beach

• Co
    colleen hardy Mar 19, 2009

Ordered something free only pay shipping Now continure to ship item and charge my credit card.

• Ga
    Gary B Mar 20, 2009

I had the same experience with the Natural Source Store LLC and the same customer service phone number. However, I got through to them and spoke to a "Kevin Marshall" who said he could not cancel my VIP enrollment until I returned the shipment to them at my expense. The VIP order wasn't even shipped when I called, but he c0uldn't cancel anything according to their terms and conditions, which were never visible until after I had processed the free sample request. I demanded to speak to a supervisor, and he said he was the only one who could help me, to which I told him I would call the Hollywood, Fl office and complain about him. Then he said let me get my manager. Mr "Steven Hall" then explained to me (from his script) that according to their terms and conditions I have to return the shipment when I receive it, and they will issue a credit to my master card! I told him that I had cancelled the credit card, and informed master card not to accept any billing from the Natural Source Store, or Advanced Wellness Research, and that I am sending this info to the BBB and the Attorney of The United States. After a half hour of going around with him I said I would not accept the order, and there is not credit card to bill it on - he finally agreed to cancel the order and close the account. These people are scammers and fraudulent underhanded thieves.

• Ki
    Kimberly Mar 20, 2009

This company is the biggest scam ever! They make it impossible for you to actually return the product within 14 days and to even get to try the product for 1-2 days! I hope this scam is shut down.

• Mi
    mike Mar 20, 2009

I have had the same experience with the Natural Source Store. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM! I purchased some stretch mark cream on a trial basis, and was enrolled in "FitCompass.Com" membership. The rep said that there was a box checked that if I did not call within 10 business days I would automatically be enrolled and be charged $27 dollars. I have absolutely no recollection of this! I have already filed a dispute with my credit card company and will be forwarding my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

• Di
    dianalela7 Mar 20, 2009

OMG! I knew it! I just freakin knew it! I just got the $27 MyWellness charge for the Natural Source Store/
    Southbeach Teeth Whitening scam. And the fraud begins.

We've called Advance Wellness, the # on the invoice [protected], to cancel this. It has been 12 days since we placed the order.
    We were told someone else would call with an RMA #. This is clearly a fraudulent practice as I'm sure we will never get this call.

I will be calling my bank in the morning to see what they can do and file any complaints I can on that end.

I've read about a $79.99 charge that is apparently about to be billed. What is this?

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Mart Mar 23, 2009

Great. I just fell victim, called my bank and ordered stop payment, hope they catch it.
    The $79.99 is the same charge I got, for teeth whitening.
    When I called [protected], I got a Ray Dawson ext 1313, who was rude. They outsource their customer service call, to India.
    I now have to claim my bank card as lost to get a new one so they won't have the card on file.
    I called within the 14 day trial period, and they say I did not.
    Big time scam.
    Is there any way to file a lawsuit over this type of practice?

Marcus Mar 23, 2009

I also fell victim to this scam. I called that fitcompass company about the $27.00 and they told me the same crap. I then called SBS about the$27.00 I found out South Beach Smile signs people up for your offer without their knowledge even when I did not check or accept the offer. SBS said they have no knowledge of any additional offers. They do not do that. I also talked to someone name Steven Hall. Fake name obvious since this guy I talked too was from India.

Marcus Mar 23, 2009

Here is a good article requarding these type of companies. Please forward to others so they don't get scammed.

Angie Mar 23, 2009

I am having the same problem as all these people. The Natural Source Store hasn't charged me for my free trial but i'm sending it back asap, for some rason they've already sent a second box of the same product. The Fitnesscompass.com had enrolled me charging the $27 and when I called they refunded me half of that. so i'm waiting to get back 13.50. I keep calling to make sure my membership has been canceled and the [protected] number says its either disconnected or no longer in service. I'm glad I'm not the only one but I wish I'd read what you've all posted sooner. I hope this reaches other people before tey make the same mistake.
    -Bobbi

John Weaver Mar 25, 2009

I was given a 14 day trial and received the product 10 days after ordering so I had 4 days to try it and I called to cancel on the 14th day and they were closed after 5:00 Pm EST even though I ordered it after 5:00 PM so in other words they did not give me 14 days they gave me 13 days and 22 hours then charged me $79.99 for what was only worth $6.99

ANGRY IN WYOMING Mar 25, 2009

same outcome for us...when my wife talked to the coustomer service rep, they said they did not have the authority to refund the $79.99 that we agreed to pay since they had not heard from us in 14 days...there was not a supervisor on the floor at this time so there was nothing they could do about the refund...WHAT A SCAM THEY ARE RUNNING...

• Le
    Leida Martinez Mar 26, 2009

I totally Agree! I also feel ripped off by this company! I recieved the same service as both of you guys with added rudeness by a representative, he actually hung up the phone while I was speaking to him! Customer Service Huh.

• Dl
    dlbrandon65 Mar 26, 2009

This company is a total rip off! They should be put out of business! I got the same rude customer service written about by others on this board. They would say the supervisor was "busy." Finally, I did get to speak with a supervisor, but got absolutely no where with him. I was furious and wound up hanging up on him! He was from India, and I could not understand half of what he was saying. He absolutely would not listen to anything I had to say! Bet I don't even get merchandise that they drafted my account for in the amount of $79.99. Unfortunately, I also bought from another company, Advanced Wellness Research. This company drafted my account for $70.55. These two companies were linked together on an advertisement. They said today (3/26/09) I would get my money back, but only time will tell.

• Gu
    guy2yy Mar 30, 2009

I have had to cancel my credit card to get these crooks from getting anymore money. These guys should be put in prison. I called there customer service it must be in India. Good luck getting these crooks out of your wallet.

• Mi
    Mischife24 Mar 30, 2009

I too ordered this free trial on 3-17 at my door 3-28 I was able to cancel today any further shipments the return number that needs to be on the returned package is [protected] I called twice to get the address and coudn't understand the person from India, here's all the phone numbers I could find on here [protected]-[protected]. hope that helps

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 30, 2009

Never got my free trial, charged $79.99, called [protected]. It was busy for 3 days. Finally used the numbers provided by another customer. They cancelled my order but refused to refund anything. Just waiting for this $27 charge from fitnesscompass.com. We have to put this "company" out of business. Who should we complain to. This is a SCAM!

• Ar
    are you kidding Mar 31, 2009

This is a scam, the terms show that you will be charged on the 22nd day, and they posted it earlier on mu account. It was to be free product just pay the shipping. No answer on the one phone number provided, and have not heard back in regards to an email sent to customer service.

• Ni
    nici Mar 31, 2009

i am having same problem..i have sent two emails and called several times, on hold then disconnected noone ever answers..they keep charging my account and i cannot cancel order..what do we do???? help!!

• Ti
    tiredofscams Mar 31, 2009

Had the same miserable experience with this ripoff company. I called numerous times within their 2-week cancellation timeframe and either got a busy signal or voicemail. I was instructed to "press 4" to cancel membership, which I did, and I also left my phone number for a call back. Naturally, they never called back and sent a $79.95 shipment. Fortunately, I charged it on my credit card and was able to reverse the charge. A week or so later, some person with an east coast accent called me and left a message stating that they had shipped a "maintenance kit" and she acknowledged that they had "accepted responsiblity" for the first credit card dispute (whatever that means). However, she stated that the 2nd shipment had gone out and that if I didn't want it that I should refuse it and return it. She told me NOT to take up this $46.94 charge with my credit card company. Of course, I DID take it up with my CC company, and once again, disputed the charge, which they will reverse. My CC company told me that they have received innumerable complaints about this company and that as a result, they are able to reject any further charges the company tries to put through. (This means I won't have to get a new CC number) I am holding onto the shipment. I don't believe I am obligated to return it, as they sent the product after I had made many good faith efforts to cancel. At any rate, there is no way that I would just write "refused" on the shipment and drop it back in the mail. This company is a sham, and I'm sure they'd just say they never got the returned item. I won't pay for return shipping to this scammer outfit.

By the way, "testimonials" from their decoy are showing up all over the internet. In the last month, I've seen them in a half-dozen places. I'm sure they've raked in a lot of $ in the last few months, but the authorities are onto them now.

• Oc
    oclady1208 Apr 01, 2009

Tell your bank that the charges are unauthorized ACH charges and to put a block on the company to prevent any further debits to your account. That's what I just did.

• Oc
    oclady1208 Apr 01, 2009

If you ordered the free sample of South Beach Whitening from Natural Source Store and they debited your bank account or credit card, contact your bank and tell them to put a block on them from any further charges. Even if they continue to ship the product to you. Don't accept the product. Just return it to the post office marked "Retun to Sender" unopened. Hopefully your bank will co-operate with against this scam. I too tried to call them as they debited my bank account and I have not received the free sample. Debited my account or charging me for the product when it hasn't shipped is against the law in Calif. I can't get an answer when I call them. The phone rings, I get the message, then it disconnects.

• Ra
    Rachl33 Apr 01, 2009

I too was riped off by this company. They advertise all over their site that you can get a "free trial". No where on the main pages does it mention anything about a $90.00 charge if you do not return it.

• Dg
    dgillespie Apr 02, 2009

See complaint written above.
    I won't add any additional complaints about this company as I've experienced the same thing as everyone else. I've put in a complaint with the FLorida Attorney General's Office and would encourage anyone above to do the same

• Fs
    fsgsydney Apr 02, 2009

I'm sorry that you guys experienced these problems but I had a really good experience. I ordered the teeth whitening and got it within a week. I liked the product, but didn't really want to continue with it just for financial reasons, so I canceled the continuation and never faced any more problems.

• Mr
    mr-flippy Apr 03, 2009

These people are scammers and liars - They need to be put out of business.

They dupe people into sending $6.99 for a trial offer. Then bill you an additional $79 - 2 weeks later. They bury the additional $79 charges deep in the "terms and conditions" which you check when you place the order. This is very deceptive, but possibly legal. I'm sure that they know that they are in trouble, so don't be surprised to see the additional charges mentioned more prominently from this day forward. They have changed their phone numbers and address as well.

If you ordered this product from an “add button” that you clicked on AOL (America Online) Chances are that you have also registered with another deceptive company as well. It will appear as “TEETH WHITENING NOW [protected] CY” on your credit card bill. You need to cancel this order as soon as possible because they practice the same scam. (Only you will be billed $78 instead of $79)

From what I've read so far, This charge will be recurring until you cancel – So don't wait. These people are ruthless and these type of schemes are on the increase

They have a Toll Free phone number for "sales and gift card redemption" - I'll bet they answer that one [protected]

• Mr
    mr-flippy Apr 03, 2009

I've looked into this one a bit further and feel that it's worth putting a little of my time into it, Looks like there's quite a bit of money being taken in a very deceptive manner, and I'd like to see some folks get it back before company assets get frozen.

The good folks at Natural Source are reading this here, and on other complaint blogs. So I encourage them to Google my ID: “mr-flippy” and the term “federal savings”. . . Have a look at the “Fat Wallet” blogs that took down the deceptive “Federal Savings” site and froze millions in company funds. Then Google: “Seattle PI” and “Federal Savings” - Well, they should get the message.

I hate these useless scammers who hide behind legal jargon – Turns out that their “terms and conditions” (I saved a copy of the original) can easily be classified as deceptive marketing.

• Fs
    fsgsydney Apr 06, 2009

I tried the SBS Smile and was THRILLED with the results. I've never had problems with the customer service but more importantly, I've been thrilled with the product. I would definitely recommend SBS Smile

notyourordinarygirl Apr 06, 2009

Product worked okay for me but not worth the $80/month, so I called and cancelled. No problems, it was easy breezy to cancel.

• Ps
    P Samaroo Apr 06, 2009

I just called this customer service because I saw I was being charged $79.95 and I didn't know why. I assumed it was just $6.95 for shipping the free trial. I was told that it was in the terms and conditions, I didn't call before the 14day trial period so I was charged.
    I was a bit pissed off at the way "Michael" from customer service asked me if I made the order online (twice even though I answered him), he said he cancelled my auto shipping and also gave me a return code. I asked what about the refund, he said they would not refund anything, he went on to explain somethings I did not understand because of his accent, and that they shipped a second package, and again some explainations. We ended the call. When I cooled my head abit and looked at the terms, I couldn't understand why I was given a return code. Their contract says that the second package will be sent on "day 31", ONLY 21 days has gone since my first order date. I called again and asked them about this, she said sometimes the shipping section does this early, so that's why I got a return code. I said it clearly says on your contract that on day 31 then it will be shipped, she tried to explain something, but I know she knows that they are breaking their own terms. I suggested to her to tell her superiors about this, and also told her that if she is really taking my suggestions seriously, do send a second email informing customers when they are being charged $79.95.

• Pa
    pat Apr 06, 2009

This company advertised that they would send a sample of their teeth whitening product and you pay shipping only. What they don't tell you is they automatically charge your account not only the shipping, but the entire product. In my case they charged $84.79. Plus $6.99 shipping. The product does not work. Please do not purchase anything from this company.