NatrascienceUltra Acai Berry product SCAM

P

Do not buy from NatraScience!
Selling a product called Ultra Acai Berry which is manufactured in Alpharette, GA, this company is scamming people out of money by using an internet ad. They are offering people a FREE 15 day supply of this product but they in fact send you a 30 day supply and charge your Credit card $79.22. These charges they claim are authorized by you in the small print approval you check as you order the free trial. I called to cancel the order and there was no answer so I left a message with all the information they needed to cancel my account. This included an account number and an invoice number. This message they say was never recieved and my account was charged again 15 days later, $87.17. After 2 days of arguing with several people at this company I have recieved an email stating that they will in fact refund the $87.17 for the last order, if I return it to them in a specified time frame.
The original Free Trial charge of $79.22 will not be refunded.

There are 2 other companies with names very similar to NatraScience who are being vilafied because of NatraScience's shady bate and switch marketing. Please be sure and note the spelling and addresses of this company. The product is Developed by Natrascience, Inc., 11807 Northfall Lane, Suite 902, Alpharetta, GA 30004. [protected]. And is sold by NatraScience, 2122 South 950 East, Provo, UT 84606, [protected].

• Ju
    JustRead Feb 13, 2009

Most of these Acai Berry sites that sell a "free trial, " of their product, do say that you have X amount of days to call and cancel from the date you gave them your card number. Whether you've recieved the product or not, by then, they WILL CHARGE YOU, since they do not show you called to cancel within the X amount of days. These sites/companies pretty much count on people NOT to read the "fine print." They hope you will just keep clicking submit, continue, and OK all the way to the end without reading much more, than those buttons. If you go to a site that says "FREE TRIAL, " and then a page or two later they're asking for a card number, checking acct number, and a routing number, DON'T TYPE A THING... THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CHARGE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. Read the fine print, print the fine print for your records BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY FORM OF PAYMENT. If you cancel BEFORE the trial period ends, be sure to get a cancel confirmation number, take note of the date, and get the name of the person you spoke to, this will help your financial institution if they will try to dispute your charge. If the merchant has all of their terms posted out there and you the consumer are in too much of a rush to receive your "free trial" of the world's latest/greatest product and you DON'T READ THE FINE PRINT... YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED EVERY PENNY.

• Hm
    h.m. Feb 16, 2009

Hello,

I did READ the FINE PRINT and received a RMA number and had the product, FucoSlim, returned by the due date. Because I sent it UPS I had the tracking information, and knew that it was returned and signed for at the front desk. It did not matter because I was still CHARGED! When I called about it and I was able to provide proof - the man at Natrascience, who was very rude, said, "oh someone must have forgotten to put into our system." I then received an email from Natrascience saying that the product was returned late, even though it was returned and signed for four days before the due date. So even if you read the fine print and terms and follow them, you still get screwed by this company. Now I was rudely told that there was nothing Natrascience could do, but issue me a refund for the 79.00 in 10 business days! This was an outrage since I did comply to their rules and still got screwed. Why should I have to Wait 10 business days. SO I SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED EVERY PENNY!!! FOR THEIR MISTAKE

• Th
    theresa Feb 17, 2009

It's true. They scammed me too! i filed a complaint with the BBB

• Na
    nancy Feb 18, 2009

We'll see about this. I have also bought from this company and been through several months supply. I just called the 800 number to cancel and was informed by the answering machine that the service center was closed. I left my name, invoice, e-mail address (i live overseas) and asked them to cancel the subscription. My phone records will show a call to this company with time and date. We'll see how long it takes them to reply. I will supplement this comment if I have the same results as everyone else and will also report them to the BBB. I have a friend who works investigations for the State of Georgia where the company is located who I will contact about this company.

• De
    Debbie Feb 19, 2009

I just ordered the Acai Berry Free Trial, and noticed a charge for $79.22 from NatraScience. I obtained a phone # from their website [protected]-Natrascience), where the call center was indeed open. This does not mean I got anywhere with the rep. I advsd that I had been charged this amount by her company and had not ordered any product. I asked if the charge could have been piggy-backed off of the Acai Berry order. She confirmed this was the case, and that I had agreed to this shipment if I ordered the Acai trial. I defiantly told her that I did not agree to this and wanted my card credited, I would return any product I may receive. She said that their computers were being updated and she could not view my account to assist; asked me to callback later. I knew her story was a crock, but called back later yesterday and received no answer. I will be putting a fraud investigation on my credit (bank) card and will also post a complaint on BBB. The fraud investigation will close my current card, and they will be unable to charge me for additional shipments. Hopefully, my bank will also be able to credit for the current fraudulant charge of $79.22, during investigations into this scam artist company.

• Ka
    Kayla Feb 19, 2009

I also ordered from Natra Science for the acai berry pill. It was taking awhile to receive the pills so I called them and they said something was wrong with my zip code that they just shipped them that day. I said that I no longer wanted the product and I will be sending it back. They told me it was fine as long as i mailed it back within the 2weeks. I was busy and mailed them back the 17th. But they charged me for it anyway. And I didn't even open the bottle! Not even the seal. So I called and the girl said she can't re enburse me but she can swap me for giving me some other product. I said I just want my money and asked to talk to her super, which was "busy". I am currently filing a complaint with the BBB!

J & J Feb 20, 2009

We also were scammed into trying the "free trial" bottle. There was NO fine print that said we were signing up for anything. Only said "do you agree to terms and conditions". We received a charge for $87.00 debit on our bank account. When I called and asked them they said we signed up for shipments and that they just shipped it to us. I told them we did not sign up for anymore shipments and she said "you agreed to the terms and conditions". I asked her where I would find the terms and conditions and she said they are only on the web site. This advertisement we read was a pop up on our computer and never sent us to any web site to read any terms and conditions. We were under the assumption that the terms and conditions were to pay the shipping and handling of $4.95. We were told we could not get our money back and that we could not return the product. When we received the bottle it was a whopping 60 pills. $87.00 for 60 pills for some kind of berry that doesn't even work. This is one HUGE scam. I hope that people read this and do not get berry screwed :) like we did. I hope that these people get arrested for their theft sooner or later!!!

• Lo
    loristfan Feb 23, 2009

Well, unfortunately, I too have fallen for this scam!! I can't believe I did, I'm usually pretty careful! I didn't see ANY terms and conditions and today I received another bottle of the supplement which they charged me $87.17 for. I did NOT request another bottle and have not even opened either bottle! My attempt to call their number left me with the "we are closed" message. Of course, I am going to try to get a hold of them tomorrow, but after reading everything you all wrote, I'm not crossing my fingers!!

Please tell me if any of you who posted above have received any sort of positive action at all, either a refund or heard something from anyone like the BBB!
    Thanks
    Lori

• Jj
    j.j. Feb 24, 2009

I have been "berry" screwed too! I did not see any "terms or conditions" nor any fine print. I was able to speak to a yound lady who said "I'm sorry we cannot refund the fee, but I will cancel your account" She sent an email showing account has been closed..but we will see. I tried finding the website that I purchased the "FREE TRIAL" from..but unable to locate it. There is no such thing as "FREE", I thought I was being careful..but guess not.

Masala Mar 02, 2009

I had a weak moment and I too ordered this "crazy" Acacia Berry stuff. After I hit the button on the computer...then I decided to read the "free trial" fine print. Lesson learned. I received the bottle in the mail, and even paid for it to be delivered in 2 days (didn't read the fine print on that either until it was too late-they tacked on an express delivery charge). I called Natrascience as soon as I received the bottle. It took awhile to get to a human. I left 2 messages - both times they said I got them after hours. So, I kept calling and stayed on hold for forever. I finally got a human being and she gave me a return authorization number. She informed me that I had to return the unused merchandise by March 10. I stated my concern that I was aware of their scam and that they would give me the run around about receiving it and charge my card again. She told me to go to the Post Office and have it sent where they have to sign for it. So, we'll see. I'm going to go do that tomorrow. I'll let you guys know the outcome and it better be that they no longer charge my card.

chris Mar 03, 2009

I too have ordered these berry pills. They do not work. I did not see any "terms and conditions" either. I did however, see the agreement for the $4.95 S/H and agreed to that. I recieved my cr/cd statement with the $79.22 on it yesterday(3/2/09). Tried to call them (Natrascience), from the phone # off the cr/cd statement and a recording asked for a code #. Then found a number on the ultra acai berry web site and called, , of coarse the office was closed. Tried to access the web site, it was down for repairs. So this AM I called the number for natrascience.The 1st time this AM they state the system is still down to call back when the office opens at 7am mtn time. that it's just 6:45...(This was at 10:45 in Texas). Mtn time is only an hour earlier then we are.So I called again and again I was told that the system is down, to call back later and that they could not look up my account at this time. I know getting "ugly" with these people, won't change a thing, , , , but I may have to.

• So
    Sonia Q. Mar 05, 2009

I've also been berry screwed! I have called their office and talk with several people..have been told account was closed...my information was given to other company (wellcare) and charged on my credit card as well. I was give a refund for the 79.22 charged to my credit card with a so called gift certificate..I just when in their website and its closed. This nightmare keeps getting worse..shipping charges were also doubled from 4.95 to 13.00 when calling the company the young man said it was a processing error and was refund the 9.00 on my credit card, but Natrascience will not give me the refund on the credit card. I will file a complaint with the BBB as well. By the way, there is no fine print telling you that you have to cancel in 15 days otherwise you will be charged $79.22.

• Pi
    Pic Mar 06, 2009

I myself was screwed, i had ordered it thinking it only cost $1.95 for shipping and was getting ready to close my bank account out when i notticed they charged me $79.22. not only that but my account was overdrawn $33.
    when i called them they said i should of read the fine print. I fought my way to getting back $39.50 thats all they would refund me. this company has some scam going.

• Wh
    whitney Mar 07, 2009

okay i understand yall have been screwed with money, but did the pill actually work? or is that a scam too?

• Ka
    kathy Mar 08, 2009

I was stupid too. Now when I call, it is always afer business hours or a message asking me to leave my name and # and someone will return my call within 24 - 48 hours. I have left several messages over the past two weeks and still have not heard from anyone. Does this company even exist except to scam us? The bogus supplement does not work - worthless.

• Pa
    Patricia Mar 08, 2009

I was sammed also, and the Ultra Acai Berry has done nothing for my wieght loss. I will have to call th bank and get a new debit card to keep them from charging my account any further. The same thing happened to me on a free grant application site. No more free offers for me.

• Da
    david kellerman Mar 09, 2009

I just had the same results. TRIED to contact the company after 1 wk and had left several messages. After trying for two more weeks with the same results, I waiting on the line for 1 hr today and finally got through. After speaking to a very rude customer service rep say that she shows " no record of me every calling in their system" she will only be able to refund 40.00. I continued to argue that I have been calling and leaving messages with no luck.

She agreed to refund my money only after I paid to return the unused pills. That is bull because I had to pay for the original shipping to recieve the product.

Is there any action that I can take to stop this from happening to anybody else?

Thank
    " There is nothing for free"

• Pi
    Pic Mar 13, 2009

I posted a week ago about the berry stuff, and after posting i went and put a complaint in to the BBB and yes today i found out that they gave me my money back in full. So i highly recommend you going to the Better Business Beau and put a complaint in .

• Co
    CommonSense Mar 13, 2009

Who says this crap does anything for you anyway?
    "Oh, I read it in an ad"
    DAMN you people are pathetic

• Co
    Conswayla Mar 17, 2009

I ordered a 6 month supply in January, because it was cheaper. I used one & one-half bottles, & it made me gain weight instead of losing weight. I called them today, [protected], & was told that I could not get a refund, because my 15 trial days were up! In the policy agreement it said that you can return any unused bottles by April1, 2009. When I told them that, she told me I could get an in-store credit only for the four bottles if I returned them by the end of this week. I paid $151.95 for this order, so, after reading all of these comments, I got screwed too! Guess I will just keep the rest of them, as I don't wwant to pay S&H again when I already paid for it the first time. Mine were the ULTRA ACAI BERRY.

• Bo
    Bon Mar 18, 2009

Fine Print! They count on people not reading it all and not calling in time. I called Feb 10th, asked if I would be charged (no), if I would receive further shiptments (no). No mention of sending back unused portion, at my expense. I was billed Feb 11th and when I called, got the same script about fine print and that I had until Feb 9, 1 day. They give you 15 days from the date of the order, not when you receive it, so how much time do you really have for the FREE trial?? It did nothing for me and when I made a few points with the rep, she agreed to a partial refund ($49), which I got right away. She offered credit and I told her the company's practices lead to mistrust and the public's hesitancy to try their products. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. This will not happen again.

• Je
    jeremy Mar 18, 2009

file a complaint with the better business bureau

• Fr
    Frances Mar 27, 2009

I must say the product wasn't what I thought it was. I had a hard time even calling the #. I did finally call them with another number. And told them I wanted to cancel. They told me to return the bottle and I wron't be charged for it. Does make a lot of sence. Concidering it was a trial bottle! Isn't there something that can be done! so no one else gets scamed? I do realize my store isn't like most others I caught it in time by a few days. Unless, the bottle doesn't get to them by that time. Fran

• Li
    Lindsey Moore Mar 30, 2009

They told me just 1.95 for shipping and then they took 70 dollars off of my card I want my money back this is ###...

• Jm
    J.M. SR. Apr 11, 2009

Our stories are similar, but my purchase was FUCOSlim. Received four bottles and wanted to get refund. Was told to return unused portion and unopened bottles and they would give me credit to purchase some other product. I asked what about if there is nothing I am interested in, and I was told that's the way it is. You are all right in your asswessment of this company, but unless the future buyer looks online, or contacts the BBB, they will also be burned.
    J.M. SR.
    Andover, MN

• Sp
    Sprice Apr 13, 2009

Another victum of this scam. Beware they use multiple names, from advertisement, to sales, to billing. It's very deceptive. They won't refund the amount for the trial, and they won't refund the shipping, for any that they automatically sent to you, and you must return before a certain date. The shipping amount they charged me was 7-$9.00. When I returned it and paid for shipping/3 day priority. I paid less than 2.00. So why do they charge so much to ship to me, another scam.
    Don't buy any products from NATRASCIENCE.
    Learned my lesson. Houston, TX

• Je
    JEM Apr 15, 2009

I am going to report this scam to the Federal Trade Commission they do not have a signed contract with my signature. Do not order this product it does not work and you get ribbed off by the company.

• Ta
    Tanya Apr 16, 2009

i received this in the mail and did not order it

• Lo
    love2be1 Apr 24, 2009

Same thing happen to me. My bank reversed the charges. They use a foreign banking system to pull the money from you account. Thay also had a charge from some Wellness site put on my card. I threaten complain to the BBB Better Business Bureau. They told me they will reverse the charge and sent me a email to that affect. The did try to tell me that the suoervisor was busy. Offered me 40.00 dollar. I refused and told her the only thing that would satisfy me was all my money back. I also told her I would call them everyday and they should stop scamming people. I am still going to report them to BBB. AcaI Berry does it help lose weight. Yea right. It helps you lose money.

• Pa
    pavix Apr 27, 2009

There is fine print that no one realizes including me . When I received the product they I found that they were only willing to allow the 15 day trial to commence on the day I ordered the product . I was lucky enough to decide to cancel this product (which I had already received but not used ) because I didn't feel they were giving me enough time to actually trial the package content to find if it had any merit as to it's use .
    I was told to send the product back ( I will gladly pay the postage), and they gave me a number code to write on the package .

This product is over priced for what it is and this company is a rip-off to consumers . There are other better products out there that are both reasonably priced and are back by the Better Business Bureau.

• Ji
    Jim May 06, 2009

I also was part of this scam- here is what I just sent to them-
    On April 7, 2009 I was charged $79.22 by your company and have left repeated messages without anyone calling me back. This evidently was for a product called Ultra Acai berry which I sent for on a 15 day trial. I never received any trial product, called to register a complaint and my phone calls were never returned.

This past Saturday, May 2, 2009 a package was delivered by the USPS which contained this product and now was charged $ 87.17.

It has taken me some time to find a e mail address for you because it wasn't listed on the product only the phone number which again I have called mumerous times to contact someone to clear this matter up.

I am wanting a complete refund of both the $ 79.22 + $87.17 which totals $166.39. I will gladly send back the product that I just received on May 2, 2009.

I will wait for your instructions for the return address and any return authorization number that I must have to send this product back. I note also that after doing a search that I am not the only one this has happen to and it appears that this is some sort of scam.

I hope to have this matter cleared up however if not I will peruse other means because I believe this constitues mail fraud. I have cc'd this note as you can see to: the USPS Post Master, US Attorney Genera, UT Attorney General, PA Attorney General, BBB and the bank which I deal with.

• Mi
    Miranda Wolfinger May 13, 2009

I want my money back. I did not want this. You charged me $79.22 for a product I did not order or buy. Refund my money back to my account please. I have cc'd this note to the USPS Post Master, US Attorney general, UT Attorney General and the bank which I deal with.

• Ca
    Carol Kotal May 22, 2009

I did not order this product, nor did I receive it in the mail and the company took the cash out of my account. Five days later they finally refunded me and now another 30 days has passed and they took it out of my account again in which I never even ordered, spoke to anyone, nor have a clue who "Natrascience" is. The first time they took money from my account it was under a different company name. I do not know how these people are accessing my account, personal information without my knowledge.

Janice Faber May 26, 2009

I am janice faber. I did not order this and i want my money back .your free trial scam is rediculis.you really should inform people your going to keep sending these pills and keep taking their money before there is anything they can do. I am a handi-capped older lady with lou garrecks disease and i am on social security, only making $600.00 per month.You have screwed me from paying my bills and have also got me 4 overdraft fees from my bank.I am dying and have a lot of medical bills to pay and also medication to purchase. what a scam.you really need to inform people your going to screw them!!!

Janice Faber May 26, 2009

you guys are a rip off. People cannot afford this at this stage of the state that our country is in.no jobs no extra money.change your ad.

Angel Hicks Jun 14, 2009

I had tried out acai free trial ...free...only pay 4.95 for faster dlivery.so I submitted the payment and about a month later a debit from my debit card was taken for the amount of 79.22 on June 10, 2009 ...I did not make a purchase from this company since the first time...I am very digusted about the fact how this transaction was not authorized by me..I am wanting my money to be put back on my card...

• As
    Ashlea Brown Jul 25, 2009

Unauthorized delivery of product...do i ship back or trash it??

• My
    myworld Sep 16, 2009

I was scammed also, they charged me after i agreed to a small s&h fee for a trail.$244.00 later the phone number is no good

• Br
    Bruce Territo Nov 14, 2009

First of all, I did not sign up for, or receive a free trial of Ultra AcaiBerry. I ordered it and paid over a hundred dollars for a three month supply. I haven't lost any weight and do not feel any noticable difference in my health. I should have demanded my money back, but figured, well another lesson learned. I will post additional comments if this company attempts to renew my order, which I left specific instructions for them not to, on a voice recorded message on November 14th, 2009.