Nationwide Mortgage LendingRip Off

I worked with a lender for this company and she was not very communicative during the process so I told her no thanks. Then a month later she emails with great news about new mortgage program, DU REFI. I agreed that the rates sounded low and closing costs were reasonable. She had previously ran credit report and had all my financial information so when she emailed me with the great news she also provided me with a pre-approval for the program. Well we were set to close on the 18-22nd and then without a phone call nothing, I get an email stating that the lender counter offered, wanting me to put down 6500. Well I told her no thanks and of course I did not want to go with FHA as I does not make sense paying upfront PMI. So she then stated we could go with another lender and she would have info by the 2nd, well still no phone call. What pisses me off is I paid for an appraisal out of pocket $300 and it can't be transferred to another lender. Then I informed her how she has wasted my $300 and she tells me that it is not her fault that I chose the appraiser when she is the one who hounded me to find out who the last appraiser was that we used so we could use him again! I would not deal with this company. I have tried to speak with her manager and he is just as bad. Told me he would call me back and still has not called. If you want to go with a good lender to not use Nationwide Mortgage Lending. Their main communication for urgent matters will be via email and if you aren't constantly checking your email you could miss something very important. Especially to not deal with Tiffany Randall! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REFINANCE!!! STAY AWAY.

charl Emagn Jul 26, 2010

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REFINANCE!!! STAY AWAY.
    On July 14 2010, I asked this company for an auto loan REFI. I was told that the company was "unable to approve" my loan request. I called the company and after some calling around, I was able to finally talk to a "real person". I asked for the reasons why my loan request had been denied. I was told "your FICO score is just 690. This is too low, and you have too many delinquincies". I told the agent that I pulled my credit report at the same time they pulled mine and that it does not show any delinquincies and the the FICO score is 750. The agent told me that the FICO score can change within minutes. I asked her the get a supervisor on the phone. She told me "I am the supervisor" and hung up on me. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY WASTE MY TIME WITH ADVERTISING GOOD RATES FOR QUALIFIED PEOPLE. STAY AWAY. Does anyone know where to file a complaint against these people. What is the reason for this scam???

• De
    desertangel Mar 05, 2013

I agree totally with you. When I asked for help in 2007 to lower my payments after my husband died, I filled out paperwork for the Obama plan. I never heard from them for weeks...I called and asked and their response was..we left you a voicemail on your (old) number..(mind you, I had given them a new number) and told you, you didn't qualify. What company gives that kind of information on voicemail??? Also they foreclosed and sold my house on Nov..16, 2012 and the house is still in my name and I am being billed for taxes and fees for 2013!! Stay away from this company! Their way of doing business is very shady!