National Studios Inc.LIED TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER FALL FOR SCAMS!!! I WAS IN K-MART SHOPPING FOR MY SONS 1ST BIRTHDAY... WHEN JACKIE APPROACHED ME TELLING ME THAT K-MART WAS OPENING A NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO AND BECAUSE OF THAT THEY WERE OFFERING THE PAY NOW & THE REST AT THE SESSION ETC. I HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF GETTING THIS DONE SO SHE CAUGHT ME ON A GOOD DAY... I MADE AN APPOINTMENT BUT WHEN I HAD REALIZED I NEEDED TO RE-SCHEDULE I CALLED AND SPOKE TO A WOMAN THAT TOLD ME THEY ARE A TRAVELING STUDIO ETC. AND I WOULD HAVE TO CALL BACK EVERY WEEK TO SEE WHEN THEY MIGHT BE BACK IN TOWN!!! WHAT??? I SAID IF I KNEW YOU WERE A TRAVELING COMPANY I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE THIS... SO I SAID BASICALLY YOUR REP. FLAT OUT LIED TO ME TELLING ME ABOUT THE NEW STUDIO IN K-MART ETC. AND I SAID THAT'S PROB. WHY SHE LIED WAS JUST TO GET THAT SALE AND ALL THIS PERSON COULD SAY WAS "UH HUH" I ACTUALLY A COUPLE OF TIMES SAY HELLO BECAUSE IT WAS SO SILENT (SHE PROB. PUT THE PHONE DOWN) SHE CLEARLY COULD CARE LESS... SO I'M EVEN MORE UPSET!!! K-MART COULD PUT A BUM IN THEIR STORE HOOKED ON CRACK AND I WOULD RATHER GIVE HIM MY MONEY(AT LEAST HE'S MORE HONEST) THEN NSI. HOPEFULLY K-MART WILL NOT LET THAT SCAM OF A COMPANY IN THEIR STORE ANYMORE... THEY SHOULD DO THEIR HUSTLE AT A BUS STOP WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

MARTIN73 Apr 06, 2012

SAME STORY WITH ME, MET CREW At KMART, TOOK 8 FAMILY PHOTOS, GAVE A 20 DOLLARS DEPOSIT, THE CREW NEVER SHOWED UP, ITS 8 MONTHS AND COUNTING

• Mo
    Momma-of-1 Apr 28, 2011

I was supposed to have my new born sons picture taken for Easter and the man that I had talked to about setting it up was very nice. But just now my fiancé looked up about national studios and realized that they are a scam. So now due to their ignorance I can't have that moment back. You bet I am going to get ahold of them and k-mart and give them a piece of my mind. I WILL have his pictures taken and or have my money back or I will DEFINATELY sue those mother ###ers for theft and fraud. I'm nit gonna sit back and let these people scam others just like they did me!! National studios will NO longer be in business because of me!!!

• Ea
    easiemae Jan 25, 2011

i did the same thing and to the person who called us screwballs, the people told us that they were a part of Kmart.They never told us they wouldn't be there next week..or ever for that part..They have not been back to the store I went to since they took my payment..I think we all need to contact the Better Business Bureau.. Being a liar is one thing but being a thief is totally wrong..

• Ju
    just sick of it Jan 13, 2011

To all of you people who say it is my fault that I did not get my pictures taken, listen and hear me...I had my whole family (10 of us) scheduled for pics at my local K-Mart in the beginning of December. On that morning I received a call that 5 of my family members were sick with the flu. I then proceeded to find my paperwork and try to call and reschedule my appointment, but unfortunately it was a Sunday and there was no one available at their number, just a recording. So my husband and I proceeded to go to K-Mart at our scheduled time to let them know we had to reschedule. I was shocked to find out when we got there that there was no photography studio "back by the garden area" as we were told by the salesman when we bought this photo package a few weeks before. Yes indeed, he lied to us. Instead, we found the photographers stuffed in the childrens clothing department. Again, I was shocked to find out that they were a traveling group and had no clue when they would be back in my town. So now I am part of the gang who has to check every week to find out when they will be back here. So to those who say it sucks to be me...yeah, it does, and you just got lucky with your pictures, but don't condemn people like me who had unforseen circumstances and had to reschedule.

jorjay Dec 27, 2010

omg i jus had my 1yr old son picture done by them at SAMS CLUB in ill... so i hope they arent scammers for there sake...because i will snap !!! so i'll keep u posted. my pickup date is january 2, 2011..
    SO NATIONAL STUDIO ...yall betterr have yall fingers crossed !

• Rc
    rchlcrtr19 Dec 22, 2010

i agree that this is a scam. I payed for picture's back in June of this year, and have been going on the internet every week to see if they would be coming back to the Detroit, MI in Oakpark and they have'nt been this way yet. I payed for to seperate potraits and still waiting. I'm very upset w/the studio and k-mart.

• i cant belive it has taken two and ahalf months . i payed for my photos and still havent recived them. iam so pissed i cant type .if i ever see them in a store again its on iam getting my moneys worth on there [censor] belive that.you think iam playing come agin to westallis k-mart let me see u there f%%%% u . i really belived you people i readly wanted thoese pictures and i payed for them umumumumumum

• Ml
    mlacey Nov 30, 2010

My pictures were great!!! The only issue I had was that they only allowed 15 minutes for each appointment. I did feel a little rushed, especially since I bought everyone of them spending a total of 220.00 dollars. But they still turned out good. They did great pictures and for those of you who are complaining about not being able to reschedule, that is on you. You should read the entire paper first. Sucks to be you. Mine are great. One more complaint, though, I bought cards as well. They were great except they spelled my daughters name wrong. I called and said they would send me them out again with the names correctly printed on them. The guy on the phone stated that he would get them sent out in a week. I am currently on the phone with them now trying to find out where they are. But besides that I am good. No problems. THEY ARE NOT A SCAM... They are a traveling studio. Get over it. For those who have not received their pictures, sucks to be you. You obviously did something wrong. I love our pictures and am very satisfied besides the name being spelled wrong. Thanks NSI.. Please fix my problem...:)

• Ti
    TINA ROSS Oct 28, 2010

I also feel that this company is a SCAM because i was in a Baltimore K-Mart and I was approached by a rep. of National Studios Promoting Portraits and I don't usually fall for SCAMS but I thought they were under the same umbrella with K-Mart so I ASSUMED it was safe. That was on my birthday in JULY and needless to say I'm still waiting for my familes portraits. On the day that I was supposed to pick-up my portraits I was rearended by a pick-up truck and unable to drive my car after that. So i missed the pick up time. However, I'M STILL WAITING. They gave me one excuse after another and charged my credit card three times for UPS to deliver my portraits. I called the Better Buisness Bureau and found out that their were many complaints registered about National Studios. So I will continue to try to retrive my portraits thru any means nessary.The ECONOMY is really BAD right now and people sit @ home and try to think of ways to SCAM HONEST PEOPLE . WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS!!!

• Dj
    DJ28Summit Aug 13, 2010

I got approached inside a K-mart in Bridgeview, Il by a National Studio Rep. and she was very nice. I was meaning to get my kids pictures taken for a long time now. She caught me on a good day explained to me what the process was and I paid the $20.00 up front for the pictures set up an appointment AND KEPT THE APPOINTMENT... I had the greatest pics taken foe $20.00 Bucks. I was very satisfied with the service. I got alot of pictures for a great price...THANKS NSI... For the Experience... Danielle from Summit, Il.

• You guys are a bunch of screwballs. If you want the freedom to reschedule and you want a photographer who cares, then book an appointment with a local photographer. A real one. You know, the guy or gal who buys groceries the same place you do, goes to the same high school football game you do and has the same interests in the local economy you do. Cost more? Um, yeah. But you'll get what you pay for. National Studios is a budget option. And there's nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. The fact that they operate out of K-Mart ... red flags anyone?

Pony up or shut up.

• Wh
    what the... Jan 19, 2010

I WAS LIED TO AS WELL!!! I feel the same as the first person - I scheduled an appointment in the store, just as the other woman did with my one year and had to reschedule due to a cold and was told that they were a traveling studio and I would have to wait until they came back to the area to have my portraits completed. They won't be back to the area until next year! What is that? I would like to have the pictures of my baby before she goes off to college. THIS IS TRUELY A SCAM!!!

• Li
    Lifeline Dec 11, 2009

They are not a scam, studio portraits, great promoting prices for a scheduled appointment.

• Ka
    katielynns_momma Nov 30, 2009

i agree that these people try to scam i also fell for the same deal but the people i delt with i talked to everyday for awhile and was told extra pics were 2-4 dolalrs apeice and i thought ok thats a good deal so we went to get our pics done and they give me this sheet that says 20.00 for 5x7 and 30.00 for 8x10 i was highly upset i asked the photographer and he said yes that the prices on the sheet were the prices i had alrady paid so we went ahead and took the pics
    the photographer was in a hurry we got there at our scheduled time and all of a sudden some girl walks up and says my appt was at 510 is it too late ( it was 540) yes it was too late but no he squeezed her in then by the time he was donw with her the appointment for 530 showed up so we didnt get in till 6 pm and then he jsut kinda rushed thru the pics
    my sis in law had one too and hers was with babies and he was slow and acted like he didnt know what he was doin we would get the babies smillin and their hands out of thier mouths and instead of him takin the pic he waited till they were cryin or chewin on their hands
    i jsut feel like the whole experience was very unprofessional and im sure i wont be usin them again and will warn neone else not to
    and thats not usually the way i am but id rather not let someone else get screwed too

another person Nov 17, 2009

if you would have read the paper work that you signed the day you scheduled your original appointment before you signed it you have known what you were getting into. This is a classic case of read it (even the fine print) before you sign it.