National SecurityFraudulent job placement

J

This company advertises on Craigslist in the security section. They claim to have recession free lifetime job placement for a fee of $80. I personally spoke to a rep named Mr. Norman who actually is a "thug" in tacky church clothes with horendous mouth odor. What they basically have done is acquired actual security companies' phone number and distribute it to you when you've completed your training. They also claim to be corporate hires so they require you to have a fire guard license which is an additional $199. The "owner" is an African American bald headed guy with a dirty suit. Instructors are dirty and ignorant to the material, they just read the handouts. People, the office is located on the 1 train line and the entrance is a blue door. Inside are unprofessional scammers who claim to be the best of the best. What they really do is collect all your money and send you to job locations. When you arrive to your job placement the companies have no idea who they are no do they have partnership with them. When you walk in you'll feel a wave of skeptism. DO NOT IGNORE IT! TURN RIGHT AROUND AND GO HOME! You are better off keeping your hard earned cash and searching for yourself.

• Se
    SECURITYJOBS Dec 18, 2009

MR. SIMON, WE HERE AT NATIONAL SECURTIY TRAINING & PLACEMENT WERE SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR UNFAVORABLE EXPERIENCE WITH OUR COMPANY. WHILE NOT EVERY CANDIDATE GETS JOB PLACED IMMEDIATELY, OUR SUCCESS RATE IS MUCH HIGHER THAN THE AVERAGE SECURITY GUARD TRAINING SCHOOL IN NYC. WHILE YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY NOT HAVE MET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, REST ASSURED THAT MANY STUDENTS HAVE BEEN PLACED IN NUMEROUS JOB SITES AROUND NYC. IF YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE YOU WILL SEE JUST A HANDFULL OF THE POSITIVE RESPONSES FROM SATISFIED CANDIDATES. MR. SIMON, PLEASE COME IN FOR A REFUND IF YOU WERE NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE A REFUND POLICY IN WRITING THAT WE WILL NOT HESITATE TO IMPLEMENT. ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT WE HAVE LIFETIME JOB PLACEMENT, AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT LET GO BECAUSE OF VIOLENCE, SEXUAL HARRASSMENT OR THEFT. SO IF YOU DO WANT A REFUND, JUST COME IN AND YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR MONEY. BY THE WAY, DO YOU THINK IT IS RIGHT TO DISPARAGE THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK OR DRESS JUST BECAUSE YOU FELT YOU WERE NOT TREATED PROPERLY? I THINK IT JUST SHOWS POOR JUDGEMENT ON YOUR BEHALF TO BELITTLE THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK OR DRESS.

• Aj
    A_JIPPEDmom Jan 25, 2010

I agree with u simon, I felt that wave of uncertainty and like I was definately lured under false pretenses. I did not call and have someone answer saying " SECURITY" as I have heard while I waited in one of their "offices". I was told that I would start at $9 an hour and there would be no additional fees after my deposit of $80. The tips that I had received prior from the company that provided me with my 8 n 16 where in plain view and I even questioned the workers at national security of those things, and yet they tried to make it as though my information was juvenile or stupid. They advertise as though they are a hiring company but they are not. They are getting people to pay up to $200 and more for what your local newspapers can offer for under a buck!!! (Give you numbers and locations of real security jobs that do hire). I just wish I did not sign off on that dreaded contract. What do I know??? Im just a young mother in college trying to make a better life for my son and myself.

• Lo
    locke23 Aug 13, 2010

I also got my security certificate through National Security, but unlike you I had a pretty good experience. I also spoke with Mr Norman, who I must say is a bit "thuggish" and did have some bad breath but is also a very nice guy. He talked me through the whole process and I paid my $80 for lifetime placement. I also paid more than $200 for my certificates, but I DID get a job. I was sent out on my first interview, which I did not get. I can definitely say I thought I was getting scammed, especially after reading your posts on this site. But reluctantly I decided to go for one more interview before I tried to get my money back. The interview ended up going great and I am now working at a Duane Reed for 13.50 and hour.

• Ar
    Arshan Nov 29, 2010

I had the exact experience as you Simon. RIPOFF !

• Lo
    lolurcompanysucks Jan 30, 2011

Thank you all for saving me time and money. I'm an educated 23 year old and the second i heard Mr norman on the phone within 30 seconds on the phone I thought it was a scam. He was quick to get off the phone...told me the address to his place. Never told me what his company name was and just told me to bring $80. Extremely unprofessional.

• Mi
    misterman2244 May 09, 2011

I went with the company to actually see if it was a scam. I can totally see why people would think so. Actually, after my classes, several weeks later I got a job. I'm going for my second certificate already for more pay. This place pretty much is awesome.

• Bl
    Blake Horn Jan 01, 2012

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM DO NOT PAY THE 80$ DEPOSIT LOOK AT THERE ADS THEY DONT MENTION THEY ARE A JOB PLACEMENT AGENCY DO THEY????? JOBS SHOULD PAY YOU!! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! I WAS SCAMED AS WELL. : (

• So
    Social Butterfly Aug 07, 2012

I was scammed as well and i want to know where can i get my money back
    Or how can i report this corrupt agency?

• So
    Social Butterfly Aug 07, 2012

Where is the address so that I can receive a refund as well

• Co
    Complainant91923 Oct 02, 2015

The company is not in compliance with bsis regulations the director treats people badly and does not care

• Co
    Complainant91923 Oct 05, 2015

Do not work for this company the director is a mean person and full iof him self they dont officer raises they hire joke officers the company cant keep people cause of the way he treats them the man sends emails like thyeb r from high school or younger the guy lies a bout his pay rates also