National Benefits ExchangeRip off!

I was contacted by a person named Diane at [protected] about receiving credit card worth $6,000.00 on October 8,2007. All I had to do was submit $200.00 which was deducted from my checking account. After numerous calls to their customer service number I spoke to someone named Jack on 11/16 stating that ny information was processed and a card would be sent. As of this date, I still have not received a card and any help in recouping my $200.00 would be helpful!

• Al
    Alana Moulton Dec 19, 2007

I had the same problem, but I was on the phone with them once a week and they tried to tell me that their printing department was behind. Not at all. They sent me 4 "vouchers" for $100 dollars towards a payment on my card. They came and were printed on cardstock paper from a computer. I finally got the card and the "website" for the company they gave me was "www.mynbe.com". If you go there and click shop, it will take you to a login page. You can't log on because you can't create a username or password. The website says that it is disabled. Every link is to the login page. It has been a year since I got my card and the website is still the same.

CHRISTOPHER WADE Dec 24, 2007

I was contacted by a person named Diane at 866-623-8001 about receiving credit card worth $6,000.00 on December16,2007. All I had to do was submit $200.00 which was deducted from my checking account. After numerous calls to their customer service number I spoke to someone named Jack on 12/24 stating that ny information was processed and a card would be sent. As of this date, I still have not received a card and any help in recouping my $200.00 would be helpful!

• Pr
    prencilla marshall Dec 24, 2007

I had the same problem as well. They took 200 dallors out of my bank. And i never got the card. I called them so many times. But i got into there vocie system and now all there calls come to my phone and i am telling every one that call that they is a big FAKE. So many people called my cell phone saying the same thing as all of us and we all talked to the same damn people. But if you want your 200 dallors back call your bank and tell them they took the money out without you knowing and they will put the money back for you. Thats wat my bank did.

Monique Dec 26, 2007

Ditto, I agree totally. They have been charging $125 a month and I haven't received anything. It is a fraud, fake, and scam. I am on the phone now telling them to DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT ANYMORE. My next call will be to my bank. National Benefit Exchange is a fraud, fake and a SCAM!!!

• Lu
    LuAnne Trainor Dec 27, 2007

My story is about the same as Carlos'. And approx the same time period, but I didn't note dates and names right away ( I know. I know better than that.) .They called me offered to help me rebuilt my credit. Qualified for $6,000 credit line. Just 7-10 days till receipt of card. I told them that if it was on the up and up and could really use the help, asked if was a true credit line. I was in a bad point at the moment and could really use some help in getting my bills caught up, could I use it to pay my current expenses directly. Sure, sure, 7 - 10 days. After a phone app and the inital $100 deposit, in exactly 10 days you get a application form for signature.
    Sent 2nd $100 deposit on 11/19. Called one week later, they just posted on 11/26. 10-14 days to get your card, but you can use it right away when you get it. called 12/10, no card yet, " no, you wouldn't have gotten it yet, we just cut it on 12/7, expect in 10-14 days". Called 12/17, no card yet, "gee, don't know why, should have received, expect by end of week" (by the way, each of these calls are a 20 to 60 minute wait for customer service representative). So, the card arrives on Friday, 12/21/07, a simple plastic card, like a supermarket discount card, no embossing, no magnetic strip, no, signature block, no disclaimers printed on the back. Slogan reads..."Limitless Financial Freedom" . Friday night, office is closed, holiday coming up, husband in the background saying " sounds like you got taken, sounds like you got taken"
    so, when you call C.S. they ask for your "group number" , website asks for "approval code" and "User ID/E-mail address ", the card has an account number and "Pin:". The letterhead that comes with the card is bad photo copy quality. The three $100 vouchers are the same. (oh yeah, these vouchers are "equal" to getting your deposit back) There are no instructions/information as to what to do with this stuff or next.
    I finally call on 12/26 to air my complaints. "This is a card for Access Merchant online shopping, sorry you misunderstood. It was covered in the paperwork. Go to the website, click Shop now, where it calls for E-mail address, put in your account number. No you cannot pay other bills directly, don't know why they would of told you that. Yes, you can get a cash advance after 30 days and your first payment." When I asked for a phone number for one of their executives to voice my dissatisfaction, the answer was to to submit it in writing to the PO Box. Thank you. click.

• Ri
    Ricky Hudson Jan 10, 2008

I recieved a card from nbe just as promised and it was everything they told me it would be i'm was looking for a merchant account, to get my credit references going i just recieved my camcorder from ups today thanks guys...

Cheryl Jones Jan 17, 2008

I have had nothing but problems with this RIP OFF company. They called me at work and made thier sales pitch somewhere around the last week in Novermber about getting a line of credit for $6,000.00 and it would only be a small one time fee of $200.00 deducted from my checking account and on Dec 14 they took there $200.00 and to this day I have yet to get a card. I have called them every week since the 14th and was told on the 28th of Dec that my card went out in that mailing patch. Today Jan 17th 2008 I got some sort of Discount card in the mail and when I called to ask about it I got smart mouth Jason who claimed he was the supervisor and that there was no one higher then he. He went on to say that my actual card went out with the mailing on Jan 11th and that I should get my card within 7-14 days from the 11th. And that this discount card that I got was the card that Ricky was talking about that went out on the 28th of Dec. Well I tell you what, after Jason hung up on me because he said I was being rude. I called right back and he answered the phone again. I tried to explain to him that Yes I may have agreed to this and was recorded, but I am asking you to explain this to me personally, for quailty customer service. He really did not like that. I went on to tell him that everytime I call all they want to do is play back my recorded conversation agreeing to the terms and conditions of the agreement. I told him I am not interested in what is recorded I just want you to break it down for and I can't get a simple answer to my question. When you tell them you want your money back all they can say is that in my recording it says that this is a one time NON-REFUNDABLE payment of $200.00. Jason went on to read the terms and conditions to me in which I heard him say that if at the time they were to deduct the money from your account, for any reason the total amount was not there to be deducted, they - NBE would make small dedections out of your account until the full amount was deducted. I do not remember them saying that in any recording. I called my bank and they called NBE and they played the recording that heard me agree to pay the 200.00. So I am just out of it. I find it very strange, I looked at the discount card that they sent me today and when I went to go to there website that is on the back of the card, I got this page. How about that for FAKE.

• El
    Elizabeth Bennings Jan 23, 2008

All of the comments that I have read are very similar to mine. So I thank you that I am not alone. What is the solution? Why is the the card useless on the web or any where else? This is an outrage. I need suggestions as to what the next course of action.

• Ka
    Kathy Jan 24, 2008

I had a simliar experience. They tried to get me for the $200 dollars. When I found out that this was a scam I went to the bank to close my bank account right away. Also there credit card don't provide a logo of visa or mastercard on them, and they can't be used no where anyway. So that is another sign of a SCAMER company. I'm just thankful that I caught it in time.

monika rife Jan 26, 2008

Dont worry, when you do receive your card and go online to shop, you will see nothing but JUNK anyway, so dont bother with the card.. This is a REAL RIPOFF

• De
    denise gonzales Jan 26, 2008

i was called by diane also on dec 17,2007 and i got my card today Jan 26,08 the wesite tool we firectly here to the complaint line . i was told that it was a master card. boy was i shocked when i got a silver card with nothing on the back. i also called everyday wanting to know whre my card was and they told me 7-14 days but if there was a holiday in there it would take longer. my attorney is going to call them i also recorded the call where they said that it was a master card with a credit line of 7,000.00 so i will hope that they will answer toi hiom if not i guess we can all go on tv and tell them about this rip off they said that they mail out 10,000 cards a week

• Te
    Teresa chamberlin Jan 28, 2008

I also was taken by this scam. Foolish of me to think I could recieve a credit card for such an amount of money. I am extremely irritated about this. I am willing to go to any extent to prosecute at any time. I was told the same as everyone else.

Cheryl Jones Jan 28, 2008

Check this out I got my card today when I came home, I went to the website and at first it brought me here to this page, then I went to google and I got the log in page, used my none logo gray/silver card and logged in. You have got to be be kidding me. This stuff looks like something that came out of a yard sale. And whats up with the price. I looked up a comforter set and that same set is at kmart for $69.00 and NBE has is for $399.00 what kind of crazy stuff is this. If you look under electronics the only thing you get is some speaekers and a dvd/vcr combo for 400.00. I guess they are sick of us ans so they think that if they let us get in the website we will be happy. Dont NO BODY want this junk.

• St
    Stephanie Lindbeck Jan 30, 2008

I actually had my bank account block and my bank still let them take the money. Now my bank says that there is nothing that they can do. I am out $200. Now I need to take them to court or something. Any one have any success with getting their money back?

Marcia Decamp Jan 30, 2008

I just tried to log on, got no place but here. Ordrerd some stuff for Christmas, ALL OUT OF STOCK they did send my down payment cashiers check back. They took an extra $50 out of my acct.I ordered a leather trenchTold David (ordering)he could use the extra $50 to cover down payment and shipping. He did. Had a$279Price tag.Rec'd some $100 vouchers, too. Guess I wont need them now. By the way, it took me from Aug. to the end of Nov. to get my "card". I was supposed to get a gas card, which never showed. Guess I did get something. Called them every day to get it, tho.

Marcia Decamp Jan 30, 2008

Just re-read my e-mail. It was a mans leather trench coat. Pretty nice. But not for the price and aggravation to me (us)

• Ri
    Richard Williams Feb 04, 2008

I received a call from this company today and told them I wanted to do research on the company before I committed to anything for this very reason. The saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I have not personally been scammed by this company, however what I would suggest to anyone posting on this website is to lodge a complaint to the attorney general in your state for bait and switch marketing practices. I would also contact an attorney and sue for damages under misleading sales practices. The more you do nothing is the more people that are scammed by this farce. Any future conversations you have with this company should be recorded and you should make yourselves aware of the state laws in place for the state in which you reside. Some states require that you tell the company you are recording the conversation otherwise your conversations may be concluded as inadmissable in court should it go that far. Make sure that you protect yourself, that's what those laws are for. Additionally this particular company is registered with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU in CLEARWATER, FL. You should lodge a complaint with them.

• Ki
    Kimberly D Kirschten Feb 07, 2008

This also happened to me they lied on the first phone call and told me it was a mastercard! Plase everyone file a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!! We have to stop this company.

• Ju
    julie lengle Feb 23, 2008

I am really disturbed by this... They caught me on a day I was home very sick and they sounded so ligit! I even called back and said I was very weak and sick if this was a joke it would be cruel.
    The bad thing about all this, is I am a single parent trying to repair my credit and I have not a pot to piss in. I thought that maybe my luck had turned around and they ended up taking all I had left for the month for gas to get to work... They did the same thing with me, they kept saying," The card will be there and you can use it any place you want" I thought I was putting a deposit on a major credit card, wich some major credit card companies do, but I will warn you, Do it through your bank! The really crappy thing is, I work for a major credit card company and I should have known better, But when you are desperate in life, it makes you do stupid things and then the stupidity just multiplies into a fiasco. Trust in this, I talk to thousands of people a week I have a big mouth and this just gives me more reason to get
    really pissy. They have messed with the wrong person....

• Ro
    rose Mar 05, 2008

I was just contacted by this company today. someone named jaye smith told me the exact same thing. I agreed to some terms because i heard the $6000 credit limit. I'm afraid that it is too late to back out of it. are there any suggestions out there. I don't need this kind of harrassment. I'm a single parent struggling to pay my mortgage. Thought that this would be some thing to take the stress off gas and groceries on off weeks. What can i do to stop this hassle?

mona Mar 12, 2008

I was just scammed buy them too, they call me with same crap everyone else went threw. I called to cancel my account as of 3/11/08 They said my account was cancelled and still went into my checking account and took out there 200 fee for a line of credit 6,000 I was told. I told them not to touch my account. They did it anyway I didnt have the money in there and it charge me a fee of 35.00 plus there 200. I had a feeling this was a scam to start with cause I never received nothing and I knew 6,000 was to good to be true to me. He wouldnt even tell me what kind of card this was to start with. I spoke to a Jae Smith, hmmm Smith should have thrown me for a loop for the last name. Im so upset about this I have to go to my bank and close this account and re open a new one so they dont get any more money from me. If someone has a lawyer helping them sew this company please contact me. Im very upset I got taking too buy this foolish game and from now on Im not handing out my bank info over the telephone any more.

• Valerie Mar 12, 2008

I was contact but this company several time. I saw it was a 1-888 number and never answered. They called me like 3 times a day. I was a bit concerned after the harassment calling me what was going on. I got a call from A jaye Smith, Smith lol I should have know that last name is used for everything.

Anyway Feb 19th I spoke with Jaye on the phone. He was telling me oh I use to live in your home town and blah blah blah making this conversation nice. Anyway He told me I was approved for a unsecured credit card. I Should have knows when I asked him was it a visa or master card and he couldn't tell me this wasn't right.

Anyway he told me it was to help my credit line cause I have bad credit and would some day love to have my credit repaired to buy the home I am living in. Well he went on and on about this card that I was approved for 6, 000 I needed a amount of 200 in my account to clear to send my card that my stuff and my info would be in the mail to me buy March 4th.

Well, I haven received any info or my cards. So I told my husband I don't feel right giving this man over the phone my bank info. And I didn't receive me stuff yet. I called the number 888-580-6232 and got someone on the line. I told them my I.d number and that I didn't want to go threw with this to cancel my account. I said I have not received nothing yet. He said ok I can fax it or email you the info. I said NO just cancel may account. He made up some cancellation number gave it to me me and hung up very rudely.

I then called back and told them what this man did. I told them not to touch my account that I canceled they said yes you canceled we will no longer debit your checking account. Well my checking account as of today 3/12/08 is now minus the 200 fee and 35 fee for over drawing my account. The same day I had the chat on the line to cancel he was taking my money out. I am very upset in this matter I Would like help.

If anyone can help me or tell me who to go further too to process more on them and possible sue for fraud I will be willing to do that. I am so upset cause I not a rich person and its seems like the victims are people who need there money. This company is a BIG fraud and they need to be prosecuted to the fullest buy the law.

• Im
    im a cop... Mar 13, 2008

I THINK THAT WE SHOULD ALL CALL THE WASHINGTON FEDERAL OFFICE ON THESE PEOPLE IT MAKES NO SINCE. THIS IS A CRIME AND THEY ARE STEALING FROM US SO I THINK THAT WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND TURN THESE WORTHLESS EXCHANGE SCAMMERS IN AND CALL WASHINGTON D.C ON THEM I'V CALLED TO THE WASHINGTON FEDERAL BUILDING AND FILED A COMPLIANT BUT THEY SAID THEY NEED MORE THEN JUST THIS ONE COMPLAINT SOMETHINGS YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE EXTREME TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS AND YOUR MONEY BACK... AND I GOT MY 200.00 BACK AND A LITTLE MORE SO I ADVICE EVERYONE TOO CALL WASHINGTON DC FEDERAL BUILDING.

• Va
    Valerie Mar 13, 2008

I just got a call from NICOLE and i was given the same pitch! I am glad I told them I wanted to research the company before I gave them my information! They seem to be targeting people who want to get their credit back in order! They need to be stopped! please research any company before opening any lines of credit!! BEWARE! THEY ARE A SCAM! I live in Texas... I guess they are targeting people nationwide.

• Ra
    Rachel Wallace Mar 15, 2008

Ok the same thing is happening to me other than the never took the money out of my acct. they stated they had tried and it would not go thru sooooo. I was told to send a money order. So I did STUPID me being a single parent and need the help did it. So I get this plastic silver card in the mail so I call them and I was like what the hell is this sorry I am very upset. They made it seem it was a credit card that I could off my debt's and other C.C. that were higher in interest. Well B.S..Not only that when I called them the gentleman was a total ### to me and I went off. I have now contacted my lawyer and really dont know who to contact to get my money order back or the cash of $200.00....I cant afford to just give the money away my kids need things. If I were come face to face with these people THEY WOULD remember me......So if someone has help for me to get my money please email me @ [email protected] I appreciate all the help.........A mother at Loss......Rachel

• Ro
    ROBIN BELLAMY Mar 25, 2008

i got my call in january of this year, i never got my card till reasonly, only because i called and told them to either send my card or money but its not like they said it would be they said it would be like a credit card only you could borrow up to 6, 000$, the only reason i jump on it was because i lost my mother reasonly and wanted a tombstone for her now not only am not getting it i have to pay back the bank for bad checks cause i didnt realize they got the money then lat week thye try to take out another 100$, but it wasnt in there but i still had to pay back please someone tell how to stop these people and get our miney back, call me with any advise robin-812-794-3875 thank you so much

• Au
    audrey meeks May 12, 2008

Tried to call and cancel after looking up on internet and everyone was hateful wanted to transfer me and then the line would go dead.

• Sh
    Sherri May 15, 2008

I too received a call from a Christine around the end on April, 2008 asking me if I was still interested in repairing my credit..of course I said yes. She then told me the terms of this Master Card and that I would need to pay a deposit of $200 BUT I would be getting $300 back in payment coupons to apply towards the payments of my MC. So I gave them all of my bank information to deduct the $200 on 5/2/08.

I called them on 5/13/08 to ask if they had received my payment and when I could expect to get my card, Ricky, had advised me that they had mailed me some forms that I needed to fill out and send back to them. I told him that I did not get anything in the mail. He said that they have my address as, such and such and I told him that the number he had for my PO Box was the last 4 digits of my phone number...he said wow I see that I don't know how we made that mistake, he corrected my address and asked if I had a fax machine and he would fax the documents to me and I could fax them back. I did. The info that they wanted on the document was my signature, SSN, and DOB.

On 5/14/08 I called back agian to see if they had gotten my fax and AGAIN it was Ricky..and he put me on hold to check with the printing dept to see if it was there...when he came back on he said that they did not get it. And to refax it while he was on the phone..but I did not have access to a fax at that minute.

I decided to go online to see if they had a website and when I put in the company name to search for them I found all of these compaints. I immediatly contacted my bank and luckily the bank has given me my $200 back. BUT I am very frustated that I was scammed by this company and would like to see justice served.

I believe that National Benefit Exchange received my information from going online and applying for Payday Cash Loans. That is the only thing that I can think of.

If anyone would like to contact me about this please email me @
    [email protected] and in the subject line please put National Benefit Exchange Scam.

• Li
    Linda Livingston May 21, 2008

Does anyone have a different phone # besides the 888-580-6232 for this "company". I have literally tried to contact them for 2 months to find out where my card is and I have waited on the phone on different ocassions to speak with someone for over an hour. I get frustrated and hang up. Another number for them would be greatly appreciated. I am with you guys all the way.
    Thanks

• Sh
    Shawna Hower May 24, 2008

I got taken for 200.00 as well and I'm about to have back surgery and since I haven't been at my job long enough I have to go on unpaid medical leave. I thought this card was going to help me pay my bills for the recovery time now I'm probably going to get evicted and physically unable to pack mine and my daughters belongings much less move any of them. Any information that could help would be greatly appreciated.

• Ca
    Cathie Snyder May 27, 2008

It seems that there are many of us looking for that magic carpet ride that would take us out of the hell hole we have dug for ourselves, when they said "VISA" use it anywhere, of course you can do balance transfers, wow maybe now I can get my ### together and pay only one payment a month there will be some light at the end of the tunnel!!! Yes I have crap for credit so of course the $200 did not seem too much to ask. (It was only part of my rent money, when else would I even have an extra $200 laying aroung?) Big Dummy!!! What could I have been t hinking? oh that's right ever sicne my last Multiple Sclerosis exacerbation and month long hospitilazation my thinking has gone down the toilet. I explained this to him several times, this "J" for Jackass told me there would be a recorded msg. for which I replied I won't be able to focus on it, don' t worry about that just answer "yes" to all the questions. Duh!!! anyone want to slap me? or be slaped? How do you live with yourself, telling a disabled woman living on disability not to worry, our program will help her live life easier. J knew full well he would be the cause of my hell, and the spiral of my nightmare. I started to type this myself, after 30 minutes and one line my friend gracefully removed me from the chair and said " Let me type you talk" I'd have been here for hours on end. I can't tell you what I wish for these people. I have 5 diseases now, my days are numbered. Worst of all I feel like such a failure. I won't get on the computer anymore unless someone is here to watch me. I let the answering machine pick up all of my calls now afraid to trust myself. I wish us all the best in getting out funds back$200 might as well be $2million for me!

Cathie

• In
    Inez George Jun 06, 2008

Only thing i want is my 200.00dollars that i did not receive.my 2 kids need things.I cancel my order with them i wrote them a letter, and nothing happened.Thank you

• Ju
    June Aug 22, 2008

I concur with the complaints. I paid $200.00, expected to receive a credit card with a $6, 000.00 limit. Also, I could not use the $200.00 towards purchase in their online catalogue. I request to be a part of group action dispute.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices