Napa Auto Parts — Bait and switch fraud
My story takes place in Cave Junction, Oregon...
Recently I went to NAPA auto parts to get a part for my car, as I normally do when I need a part. They didn't have the part in stock and needed to order it. The price I was quoted was $36.
I went back the next day to pick up my part and a different did clerk said it would be $49. I told him what I was quoted and he basically said "tough nuggets". He finally did agree to "split the difference" and 'only' charge me $42. Since I needed the part now I paid and went away disgruntled. If that was all, it would have been bad enough. But it gets worse...
When I picked up my new part I forgot to bring in the 'core'. I said I'd bring it in after I did the repair. When I finished I put the core in a plastic grocery bag and went back to NAPA to get my $35 core charge back.
When I got there the same clerk told me that without the original box I couldn't get my money back. He said he needed something with the part number on it. I showed him my receipt, which had the part # on it, but it wasn't good enough for him. I told him I discarded the box and that I wanted my money. He flat refused and said I was 'SOL'. At this time I went off.
After some rather choice colorful words describing what I thought about him, his "policies" and his customer service he still refused. In the end I told him that he'd better call the cops because I wasn't leaving without my money. That must've done it. He reached into his till and grabbed $35. He shoved it at me and said "Here, take your damned money and don't ever come back". I told him that there wasn't the slightest risk I'd patronize them again.
More Napa Auto Parts Complaints & Reviews
- Napa Auto Parts - Rude Store Assistant Manager and Worthless Lifetime Warrantee on Parts
- Napa Auto Parts - Defective Parts, Horrendous Customer Service
- Napa Auto - Tire chains
- Napa Auto Parts - Bad employee
- NAPA - I am a independent napa auto care center and they sold me
- Napa Auto Partes - employes
- National Automotive Parts Association / NAPA Auto Parts - lawn mower battery
- Napa Auto Parts - deceptive trade practice
- National Automotive Parts Association / NAPA Auto Parts - Rude, employee, needs to be drug tested
- Napa Auto Parts - Stay away