MyTaxFree.ComCredit card was billed - order never shipped!

I was flat out lied to by everyone I spoke with at the company over the 20 days (as of today) since my order was placed. My credit card was billed immediately for $3000+ upon the placement of the order on 1/17.

I was told twice that the order was to be shipped the next day, then, that they were canceling the order because they were unable to "get" the camera body, then, when I said I wanted my card credited IMMEDIATELY, I was transferred to a manager/owner "Ron" that told me they had to pay a few hundred dollars more to "get" the camera, it was not my problem and I would be paying the same, and that it would ship out by 1/30 at the very latest, and to call him back to confirm on his cell phone. His phone has been turned off, and when I sent a follow up email yesterday on 2/5, I was called back and told the order is canceled, they can not obtain the camera, and that my money would be refunded in 3-4 days. The camera was still listed as "in stock" as of yesterday, 2/5/07, while I was having the conversation with the new customer service manager Foley. As of 11.26 AM on 2/6, it is still listed as "IN STOCK": http://www.mytaxfree.com/ViewProducts3.aspx?ID=4328

I have no reason to believe that I will get the credit on my card as they have not told the truth once. My attorney says this constitutes fraud, my next letter is to the Better Business Bureau in both Delaware and PA since there seems to be some question as to where they are located, and legal action may be taken.

John A Dillon Nov 09, 2007

In 02/19/2007 I sent a cashiers check to MTF of $1542 for a Sony KDS50 and of course I was a victim like all else. I contacted the Delaware Attorney Generals office in late March and filed a complaint but the response was “Best of Luck to You” because Ron Levy was already serving time in jail. It seems odd, although quite inline with our law, of innocent before guilt that a business could remain operational under a sole ownership even when the sole owner was accused of fraudulent operational practices and was allowed to continue to accept money from customers.

• Wi
    William Waltermeyer Nov 06, 2007

I bought a Pioneer HD TV from Mytaxfree.com, also doing business as Consumer Electronics Warehouse, LLC. After several weeks delay I finally received it and it worked fine until recently I had a "warranty" claim. I called Pioneer for the warranty service and they said this company (Consumer Electronics Warehouse) is not authorized to sell their TVs therefore the warranty was invalid. CEC mis-represented the product because they said "full factory warrant" in their literature. They also sold me an extended warranty under the name of ServXtend - SXTP3505. When I called the toll free number referenced in the Extended Service Contract, the number is not accessible. I called the direct number [protected] and it too has been disconnected. Has anybody gotten any service from them on a warranty...

• Mi
    Michael Petrow Nov 05, 2007

I'm out $2700 from a Mytaxfree. I filed a complaint back in March with the Delaware AG and the only response received is "still under investigation". Has anyone heard anything different from the AG?

Thanks,
    Mike.

• Fr
    franklin summerson Oct 19, 2007

Purchased extended warranties. Over $1000.00. Now there out of business. What can I do?

• La
    Larry Ton Sep 18, 2007

I also a victim of Mytaxfree. I lost 1600 for a TV. I have tried everything that other people had done. But did not get any response from BBB or consumer. I plan to fill a small claim court against a company. Before I do that I would like to know your opinion

Do you have any success of getting your money back? If so what did you do?

Does anybody in here has a company information?

Can we do something together to get our money back?

Thanks
    Larry

• Su
    SurferBobInHb Jun 06, 2007

No news my self on mytaxfree.com. Glad to see ron gone too. Funny, I went to buy a camera on line and ran into the same exact problem on several other websites as mytaxfree.com. This time though, I was aware of what these sites do and how to watch out for them. The 3-4 lowest priced sites from those shopping compare sites were all frauds...just like mytaxfree.com. Same scammed customers, same poor service, same excuses for not delivering the products. Anyways, if anyone hears anything on mytaxfree.com, I'd love to hear some info.

• Ri
    Richard Tepper May 31, 2007

Purchased a 3 year extended service contract with my Panasonic Plazma TV in December 2006 from Mytax free.com contract SERVXTEND (SXTP3503 ) which is fraud. Is there any way to get my money back or get a real service contract.

Trevor Bobla May 25, 2007

Just thought I'd stop by and ask if anyone has any news regarding MTF and acquiring our money back, for those of us who didn't get reimbursed by a credit card company.

After 60 days I am still angry but life is short to be bitter. I guess karma can take care of ron and anyone else involved in ripping us off.

I saved again and bought the same television at A BJ"S wholesale club for $125 more that what I gave to Ron. arggg life is strange I thought I was saving a bundle going online. They were having a huge sale on TV'S.

Saving for months for my dream tv...2422
    Having lost it to a scam artist..2422
    Saving again for another 2 months 2575
    Still getting my dream TV.. priceless

• Eu
    Eugene Krichmar Apr 28, 2007

On February 2, 2007 I paid $1,546.03 for TV Sharp LC. After e-mail confirmation of order ID#25638 I never received nothing. Their phone disconnected and website disappeared.

• Me
    Metin Doko Apr 06, 2007

I read all complaints. I have to say I feel the same. My situation is a little different. I ordered and received my TV and I am quit happy with it. The problem is that a charge of $500 was overbilled to my card and never reimbursed. I also have the problem of warranty I opted for the five year Warranty. All total I am out $949. I had the pleasure of talking to this Ron he had a Russian or east European accent. He assured me I would receive my TV and I did, I'll be it 2 full weeks late. I will complain via the same avenues as everyone's complaints and hope for the best...

Ed Apr 06, 2007

Now the key question is how we can get our money back? Does anyone know what other thing we should do in addition to submitting complaint here?

• Ri
    Richard Arnold Apr 04, 2007

I also was charged $2588 on my bank card which I didn't receive any product. I would just like to find a way to get my money back. I also reported this to the BBB and the Department of Justice of DE but I have yet to received a response.

• Le
    Lee Apr 04, 2007

I have to say that I'm not to sure this is a good idea. I worked at MyTaxFree.com for almost 2 months. I was employed there when it was shut down. I don't know if I'll be able to, but if i can help in anyway please feel free to email me.

Tracy Vopnford Apr 03, 2007

We were foolish enough to send a check. Same run around as everyone else... we are out nearly $2,000. It would seem, with the owner in custody, accounts must have been frozen, and with the number of persons and dollars involved, an effort should be made to return the money. Shame on Nextag as well. I cannot figure out how they remained in business so long.

• Ro
    Robert Guzman Apr 03, 2007

MyTaxFree.Com is the worst! Something needs to be done, these crooks took my order for a sharp 46in aquos lcd tv, proceeded to take one thousand eight hundred eighty eight dollars out of my checking acct. and nothing! They do not respond to any phone calls or e-mails. This all started on 3/1/07, the item should have been received on 3/29/07. Do not have anything to do with this disgraceful company.

Tracy Vopnford Apr 03, 2007

We were foolish enough to send a check... purchased an $1800 dollar television in January, spoke with someone in mid February, requested a refund on March 14th, promised we would have a check mailed out the following Friday, but never received a dime.

• Da
    David Singer Apr 03, 2007

Looking over my 2006 year end summary I saw that the company MYTAXFREE.COM charged my credit card twice for over $200. This is essentially theft and I have reported it to my bank but am unsure if I will be reimbursed. The item I bought was shipped and arrived in good condition. However, I have seen that many customers have not received their purchases at all.

Ed Apr 02, 2007

I just submited a complaint on https://complaint.ic3.gov

Ed Apr 02, 2007

I got the same problem from Mytaxfree.com. I ordered 40" LCD TV for total charge of $1388.00. They said shipping out within 3 weeks. By the date of that week, I called them for status, they said this became a back order. Then I cancelled the order and they said that they will get credits back to my credit card by 96 hours. But as of today I didn't see it comes.

What should we do?

1. How to deal with credit card charges? Call credit card company for dispute charge? The credit company would agree not to charge on us?

2. How to catch money back if credit card company still executes the charge on my credit card?

3. How does submitting a complaint on https://complaint.ic3.gov bring us the money back?

• Sc
    Scott Schnoll Apr 01, 2007

If you are a victim of MyTaxFree.com, Quanntex.com, or any other site owned or operated by Igal Sharon Levy (aka Ron Levy), I strongly recommend that you file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the Delaware Department of Justice. Here's how:

Download and fill out the Consumer Complaint Form from:

Send the completed form to the Consumer Protection Division using one of the methods below (email preferred, but you need to have a scanner to scan in the signed complaint form for emailing):

a. Fax it to: [protected]
    b. Email it as an attachment to: Consumer Protection Division ([email protected])
    c. Mail it to: Delaware Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Division, Carvel State Office Bldg., 820 N. French St., Wilmington, DE 19801

For more information on the form and the submission process, visit:

It is important that you send your complaint form to the DE DOJ as soon as possible. To contact them by phone, call [protected].

More info at http://www.nwnetworks.com/mtf/mytaxfree.htm.

• Er
    Ericka Moran Mar 31, 2007

I bought a stereo for my car it was only $400.00, 2 weeks ago they said usually takes 3 days to shipped out, well after one week i was waiting for my order, by the way i lost the 1-800 number i try to check on the web site but everything was gone thats when i saw all those complaints and i thought oh my good they still my money!!! I called to my bank and the money still there they never took out of my bank account, i just can say i was lucky but i never will buy anything online, JUST EBAY.

• Su
    SurferBobInHb Mar 31, 2007

Address for mytaxfree.com:

MyTaxFree.com
    www.mytaxfree.com
    2207 Concord Pike Suite 373
    Wilmington, DE 19803

john hudson Mar 31, 2007

Sub: MyTaxFree.Com - fraud! Credit card charged $1,584.00 - no merchandise sent!

Credit card was charged on 28 Feb.07 for #1,584.00. The merchandise was never shipped. The company (?) does not answer the telephone. Mr. Ron Levy (owner of the co)was the person who took the order over the telephone.

• Jb
    J. Buxton Mar 31, 2007

We were also scammed by MyTaxFree. Our check for over $2,700 was cashed immediately, but we've been waiting since Jan. 15 for our tv. We're filing papers with the State of Delaware, but we need to include their address. Does anyone have MyTaxFree's address? If so, please post it. Thanks.

Mackenzie L Mar 30, 2007

Just a follow up - I am submitting a complaint on https://complaint.ic3.gov - this is the internet crime complaint center. Apparently they work with the FBI. You might want to try it.

• Sc
    S Carlyle Mar 30, 2007

I bought a digital camera on 3/9 they said my order was shipped and it didn't come. I called back and canceled my order they said the money would be back in 96 hours. but of course the money was never put back.

john hudson Mar 30, 2007

Credit card was charged on 28 Feb.07 for #1,584.00. The merchandise was never shipped. The company(?) does not answer the telephone. Mr. Ron Levy (owner of the co)was the person who tooke the order over the telephone.

• To
    Todd Lanann Mar 29, 2007

I too placed an order on March 2, 2007 for $2,692. I did 7 to 10 shipping days. Now nobody is there to answer the phones and the website is shut down. I have emailed the Attorney Generals Office in Delaware to let them know these people are scamming consumers. I also notified Capital One about this issue. I don't know if I can even get my money back!

I WILL be calling Judy Hodas an attorney with the consumer division of DE. EVERYONE call her @ [protected].

WE MUST ALL BAND TOGETHER and beat these MF's into the GROUND!

• Al
    Albert Taylor Mar 29, 2007

Sub: Scammed by Ron Levy!

I am also a victim of this internet scam! Never did receive my merchandise, I am now out $2038.00. I have contacted my credit card co. Does anyone out there know if my credit card co. will credit back the monies I have lost? It all makes since now, I was told it snowed too much, my television was on back order, there was a delay in freight shipping, you name it they used it. I also want to know about all the people who participated in this scam with Levy. I spoke with several of these people over a three month period also. If anyone out there can help me would be much appreciated. I did call the fraud protection number in Delaware [protected]).

Trevor Bobla Mar 28, 2007

Hey Lou,

Your questions are good. I think I contacted everyone I could think of besides a lawyer. Unfortunately the ball is in their court. The DA hopefully will get to this fast before it's harder to track all these idiots at MTF down. I think they should be able to trace ISP on their computers etc...

The attorney who prosecuted ron (skeevy LOL) levy was Chris burke. He pretty much confirmed that ron is in jail now the story is true. He did put me in touch with Judy Hodas an attorney with the consumer division of DE attorney general's office EVERYONE call her... [protected]. We need strength in numbers.

• Ga
    Gary Hicks Mar 28, 2007

Sub: False advertising and unresponsive

About MyTaxFree.com, I submitted a previous complaint, which I cannot find now but wanted to follow up. As a result of not getting anything I believed I would get (according to their promises in writing {email} or their advertising), I canceled my order well in advance of any shipping information like a tracking number. This was two weeks after the order was placed and days after I should've received something in the way of dates for expected time of receiving. These people billed my credit card the day after I ordered--a violation of Federal Law. But I wanted the low price so I decided to stick it out a bit longer. Big Mistake. I attempted to call getting only recorded messages and musak; message line was always busy. This hoisted the red flag and I canceled, but 5 days late I got an email with a shipping number for Pilot Shipping. I called their Philadelphia headquarters and canceled, but they said it was on the truck. I'm still not clear what it was. Could it have actually been my 50" Pioneer TV? Maybe it was only the cleaning kit, surge protector and HDMI cord? At any rate, I have not received a credit to my account and Visa is now investigating my dispute claim. Also, the Delaware Consumer Protection Agency has contacted me in response to my complaint with them and say they are in the process of doing something about these (others have complained as well) people. So any others of you out there… send a complaint to them @ CONSUMER PROTECTION UNIT, DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, STATE OF DELAWARE, 820 NORTH FRENCH ST., 5TH FLOOR, WILMINGTON, DE 19801.

• Lo
    Lou Pichinson Mar 28, 2007

More of the same horrible stuff, cashed my check for 2k, 8weeks ago never did anything but deceive me. Have contacted my nj county consumer protection agency, who referred me to Del state Atty Genl's office. Also the FTC. Filed complaints with all three.

What to do next? Who and how do we sue? What are the hard facts concerning the status of MTF and its owners? Is this info concerning ron (skeevy) levy factual?

Please help... in New Jersey. Willing to participate in collective action. Lets get these nasty SOBS.

Jonathan Tremblay Mar 28, 2007

For anyone who has gotten scammed by mytaxfree.com please report it to: www.ic3.gov right away. The company has taken my money just like all of you and i have never received my tv's either. I reported it to my local law enforcement agency and they suggested highly to also report this to www.ic3.gov enough complaints will get the f.b.i involved. For any questions please contact me and maybe i can help you with the info i have gattered. [email protected] thank you

• Ga
    Gary Hicks Mar 28, 2007

They've actually closed, gone out of business? I canceled an order for a 50" Pioneer on 3/6 but they and Pilot Shipping, on 3/14, said it was on it's way to me. I told Pilot to cancel and it never arrived. Visa is investigating my dispute claim--still pending as of today. It looks like they could get away with a bundle. Also, Delaware Consumer Protection actually called me and said they were in the process of doing something, they just hadn't decided just what--that was on 3/13. Hope they get these lunatics.

GLH, San Diego, CA

• Ro
    Robert Trenn Mar 28, 2007

We ordered a tv and our account charged immediately, after being told it wouldn't be charged until the merchandise was shipped. We never received the correct tv. We received a partial credit but we are still owed $1,000.00. It was promised to us on March 8th. To date still not have received our credit and can't get in touch with anyone at the company.

• Ry
    Ryan Miller Mar 27, 2007

I ordered a plasma tv from the mytaxfree.com website on feb 11, 2007 and paid for the 14-21 business day shipping. I was told the expected shipping date was march 14-21. I got an email around march 9 saying that orders were backordered for 2 more weeks. I called them an they assured me that i would receive my tv shortly and too compensate me the gave me a 3 year extended warranty. The warranty was shipped by fedex like two days after the phone conversation. Well here it is march 27, 2007 and no tv and no refund, but i have a piece of paper that is a warranty, a lot of good that does. There website is now unavailable and i've emailed them about five times with no response any of the times. I've waited on the phone on hold for several hours on different occasions, and no one will answer. Can anyone help with this massive problem? They have $1250 of my dollars that i paid for by check. Thanks for you time and any advice will be appreciated!!!

• Al
    Alan Huro Mar 27, 2007

Hello,

After reading all the posted from this website I just noticed that I'm also a victim of mytaxfree.com. I bought a TV from their website on February 17 for the amount of 1535. They suppose to send me a TV last week but still did not receive it from today. I went to their website and it disappear out of the blue. I spent 5 hour on phone but unable to get in touch with anybody from the mytaxfree store.

I'm very frustrated and I think we are all the same. But instead of feeling angry and being ripoff from the company I think we should team up together to fight against this company bring the owner to the justice. I see a lot of suggestions from other people such as contact the BBB, ICC, and report to the reporter. I did all of that to help build up this case and catch their attention. I hope other poeple will do the same thing.

Other thing I can think off is to find a way to gather all the buyer who is a victim of this store. by gather all the people together we can build up a strong case. There are several ways to do it.

1. Report this on yahoo, msn, google and ask their help to put this news on their front page. If everybody write to yahoo or msn they will willing to help us.

2. Contact the Webhosting of the company and ask them if we can post a message on their website. Either to warn people about company and also able to gather people to support this case.

3. Contact the our local bank report the problem. maybe with enough people they will have a people with enough power to freeze their account and able to reverse our transaction.

4. Setup a forum to get all people together and finding a way to fight against them

Option 1 and 2 will help other people to be aware of the danger buying stuff online. Will make the law enforcer tider with online stores.

I know there are a lot we can do to get our hard earn money back. I hope we are all team up together to win this case and brought those people to justice.

Thanks
    Alan

Trevor Bobla Mar 27, 2007

Also, my check was cashed was a Commerce Bank in Cherry Hill New Jersey so someone from the district attorneys office should be able to make that bank give up the information of the account owner. They of course, were quite rude to me.

Someone should pay for all of this.

I know I spoke to 2 separate females and 1 male regarding my television at mytaxfree.com. They should all go to jail!

Trevor Bobla Mar 27, 2007

My local police gave me a hassle, they said it wasn't a criminal matter that it was civil so they did not want to take my statement.

I did file with the better business bureau, The federal trade commission, The Internet crime committee (ICC)
    The district attorney of my state and the state of DE. Also wrote to Sean O'Sullivan the reporter who covered the Ron Levy story and the DE states attorney who prosecuted Ron levy. He is indeed in jail today but Christopher Burke contacted a Sharon who is an attorney working on mytaxfree fraud.

Please contact all of the above all of us hopefully will be able to get something going.

• Ah
    Ahmad Mar 27, 2007

I purchased TWO LCDs for a total of $4353.06. MTF received my check 2/9/07 and was cleared on 2/16/07. Due to their 21 (business) day delivery, I was set to receive my order on 3/16. When speaking to a rep they told me "the delivery truck was in an accident" and that is why it will be delayed. When I asked why I wasn't notified of a tracking number or shipment she quickly changed her story to 'our systems are down'. Needless to say, I have still not received my order and now I cannot get in touch with a rep - that includes remaining on hold for 6 HOURS yesterday and a total of 4 HOURS today.

I have contact the Attorney General's Fraud/Consumer Protection Division of Delaware at 800.220.5424. After leaving a message with whomever picked up, I was informed that an investigator will contact me. PLEASE DO THE SAME - AS NUMBERS SPEAK LOUDER THAN JUST ONE VOICE.

FYI - THE OWNER HAS BEEN IMPRISONED BECAUSE OF FRAUD:

Hey, since we know who the owner of the company is, Igal Sharon Levy (Ron Levy), maybe we can visit his family and ask them for our money back? What do you people think?

I will update this post.

- Angry angry man