MyMp3Live.comScam

J

My daughter attempted on Christmas Day to download ITunes for her new IPod. She got to this company instead. My credit card shows a phone number of [protected]. The billing portion does not work, however the tech suport portion does. She purchased access to download programs which already exist for free such as Ad-Aware, Windows Media Players, AVG Antivirus. She also purchased tech support for 3 years which includes online and phone support (9-5 EST every day). The company has a policy that after 7 days there are no refunds.

Go to a site called marketbill.com, enter your email and the last four digits of the credit card that you used and you can get a copy of your receipt which then contains your login information. You get your account information also. What is scary is that my daughter says she doesn't remember anything about setting up a password and her account number includes part of her Social Security numer. Also, the day she did it, there are no confirming emails.

For the past three days including this morning, the website
ip-mymp3live.com came up to this and another complaint board. Right now (5 p.m. CST) the site come up to a portal which I could not access anything off of.

The IP address of her order confirmation number (which does not match the reference number on my credit card) is 70.241.5.203 .

The website to login is: http://www.thesoftwaremembersarea.com/loginv2.asp
and you use your login information.

DESCRIPTION TOTAL
3 year membership (Info) 35.94 USD
YOU HAVE ALSO ELECTED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL OFFERS:
— Extreme Pro Speed Download + Technical Support (Info) 17.88 USD
— My XP Tools (Info) 14.95 USD
— Defenza AntiSpyware - 1 yr (Info) 9.95 USD

Total 78.72 USD

The 3 separate programs she paid extra for are all available for free as shareware.

Live and learn.

Margaret Wilson Jan 17, 2007

I was downloading MusicMatch Jukebox and ended up with a 78 dollar charge to my bank for the MyMP3Live. I e-mailed them and told them I did not want this and to cancel the same day. I can not get to the web site and log in and I still am being charged I cannot connect to them I cannot find a phone number or a place to complain.

Margaret Wilson USA

• Ji
    Jimmy M. Harris Jan 18, 2007

I was looking for a site to download ITunes. Somehow stumbled into the above mentioned website. Signed up to download ITunes and WHAM, $50.82 later, I have products I don't want or need. I immediately realized that I have been deceived and e-mail to get a refund. They offer some money back, but i want it all back. This company should not profit due to their deceptive marketing. Their phone numbers don't work. This will be fun...

janice dick Jan 23, 2007

I was over charged one agreement on downloading music for my ipod for one free. It was suppose have been $38.99 for one year, I thought that I had cancelled when I got my bank statement and saw that I had been charged $68.77 I still want to cancel the membership that I was over charged for . Please credit my $68.77 back to my debit card.

• Ca
    Carol Martinico Jan 25, 2007

I was under impression that I have ordered 3 years of I tunes, only then discovered that I was charged $68.77...I have unsuccessfully tried to get the phone number to resolve this matter, unfortunately, I am forced to do it by writing.Since I do not feel comfortable with the whole situation, and am unable to use it...I would like to CANCEL THE WHOLE THING. Please refund my account ASAP. Should you decide to ignore my request I will turn the whole thing over to my Bank to deal with you...Thanks...

CHRISTINE AIKAU Jan 28, 2007

I thought I was purchasing itunes, and I guess I didnt.

Sandra Brooks Jan 29, 2007

I downloaded itunes and was under the impression this service was part of itunes - once I downloaded it I discovered it was not and immediately requested a refund. I was then informed I could only get a partial refund and that they would still like to keep me as a customer. I have sent repeated emails which receive an automated response but the issue has not been resolved. There is no way to contact this company by phone. They have ripped me off for a $35.94.

Sandra Brooks Jan 30, 2007

Phone number to contact mymp3live.com customer service is 888-448-6889. You actually get to talk to a live person! Awaiting email confirmation and credit to my account.

Sandra Brooks Jan 30, 2007

Another phone number is 866-240-2481 (ph. # sent along with my email confirmation that my account will be credited in 11-15 days.)

• De
    debra burnette Jan 31, 2007

I was charged $78 on my credit card account. now I can't download the website. I would like to find out how to get my money back. I emailed the website never received answer back.

Jamie Sparks Feb 08, 2007

Thought I was replacing old iTunes account with new and was only adding unwanted extra software.

• Ed
    edward snelling Feb 09, 2007

My credit card was charged for something I didn't authorize. IP-MyMp3Live.com is a scam!

• Bo
    bobby m. gullick Feb 11, 2007

MYMP3LIVE.com scammed me for a little over $100 and I need to know what I can do to get my money back!

james wick Feb 15, 2007

They ripped me off for $54.00!

• Ke
    Kevin Bailey Mar 02, 2007

I thought that my i-tunes account was being updated. When I checked my credit card bill I noticed the charges. How do I cancel the deductions and if possible recoup the payments?

• Ms
    Ms. DeLongchamps Apr 27, 2008

Unauthorized deduction on my credit card twice!!

On under Fun WAork Design and another under the name of Business Solutions in the amount of

$11.89 twice

one amount each.

When I called the operator's voice is the same on each and just gave this site to contact.

I never ordered anything...I called and cancelled the Grant thing and the operator said that it was all taken care of.

Please remit to me my fee of $11.89 for Fun Work Design and $11.89 for Business Solutions amount of $11.89.

I am reporting this to my bank of this situation.

Please reply. Thank you

• Sp
    Sprogno8 Sep 19, 2009

I come from England & have been charged the £1.99 7day trial fee to use MYMP3DOWN.Com. Only to be shocked by a further charge of £39.89 ??? I DIDNOT sign up to use their Lifetime one off service so they are extorting money off me illegally. This pushed my bank into overdraft & I can now expect £55.oo in bank fees. Thanks to MP3DOWN.Com my daughter & I will struggle for weeks. I am a single disabled mum & life is tough enough Anne from Herefordshire UK

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices