My Heritage / unauthorised payment taken

I signed up for a free trial but was unaware that they had automatically subscribed me to their service without specifically asking for my consent or advising of the cost and they have signed me up and charged me for a full year's membership. I would like a refund and for the subscription to be cancelled please. It was only when I received my latest credit card statement that I became aware of this. Worse than this, it had been set up as an automatic renewal. I have managed to log on and cancel the renewal but I cannot find a way to cancel the membership or apply for a refund.

Deborah

De
May 28, 2019

Comments

• El
      May 28, 2019

Dear Deborah,

I'm sorry you feel that way about our free trial. When signing up for it you receive a confirmation email that also includes the information that you automatically will be charged after the trial period ends. A free trial can be canceled at any time from your account online or by contacting us.

Nevertheless, I understand that you did not want to continue the free trial and I will be happy to help you with your refund request. Please email me your account details (account ID number or registered email address) via elena.[protected]@myheritage.com so I can personally assist you with this.

Looking forward to hearing from you, Deborah.

Kind regards,
    Elena, MyHeritage Team

• Ds
      Jun 03, 2019

I to have had an automatic renwal debited form my account which i didnt authorise. I can see this is how people get sucked into things. I got a subscription for my birhtday last year as a fun thing to do by now am stuck with being out of pocket and unable to contact anyone to get this changed.

Can someone please contact me about this scam stopping

Dallas

• El
      Jun 03, 2019

@DSeager Dear Dallas,

I apologized for any inconvenience caused. I've looked into your account and understand that this issue has already been solved.

If you need any further assistance, please contact me at elena.[protected]@myheritage.com and I will happy to personally assist you.

Kind regards,